Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
May 28, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #3,782 of 7,153
Hello threadfolk,

I think OKCSC now have something that could be the successor of the M1 I read @HungryPanda quite liked.
I haven't found them mentioned on here, but it's difficult to find anything about them as they have the same model number on the product page as a closed back set they sell (which resembles the msur n550 a fair bit).
So, after some consideration, I jumped on them.
Has anyone heard these?

I also have those M1, just got them a little over a week ago and posted about them recently, do you have a link to the possible-successor M1, that you purchased? What's the model number?

May 28, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #3,783 of 7,153
what about mixcder headphones and edifier headphones anyone tried one of those..? can anyone recommend a headphone with good soundstage and bass esp. for basshead profile?

The Mixcder X5 is a pretty decent budget IEM but I haven't heard any of their over-ear models.

May 28, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #3,784 of 7,153
what about mixcder headphones and edifier headphones anyone tried one of those..? can anyone recommend a headphone with good soundstage and bass esp. for basshead profile?

I have an Edifier W830BT. Really good battery life. I don't know whether it's quite 95 hours as that's volume-dependent, but it lasts very well and I'd say it's not too far off the advertised value.
Build quality is... OK. Feels a little cheap-ish, as they're almost all-plastic, although they seem to have a steel band inside of the plastic headband. They seem sturdy enough for normal use, but I wouldn't toss them around. The carry case they come with is quite nice, and I'd say it should protect them well.

Sonically... I had to change the pads almost right away. I don't know what foam was in the stock pads, but it made the headphones sound THICK with bass all over the place and mids and treble barely to be heard. I tried putting Gorilla tape over the top bass ports, and while it improved the sound, I still felt like they ware lacking clarity.

However, after i swapped the pads, they're actually quite nice. Decent balance, although certainly on the warm and lush side, but perfectly usable for music now, too.

I also have those M1, just got them a little over a week ago and posted about them recently, do you have a link to the possible-successor M1, that you purchased? What's the model number?

They're these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OKC...h-5N-OCC-Plated-Silver-DIY-3/32876752076.html
It says the model number is M2, which is the same as their msur N550 rebrand.

I wonder is the 57mm driver is going to be fast enough, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I tried going through the thread but have only find you mentioning you had ordered the OKCSC M1. Would you mind sharing a link to your post about them?

How would you say they compare to the Sivga SV007?

Cheers. :)

EDIT: found the post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...-ear-headphones.822184/page-246#post-14242125

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #3,785 of 7,153

I have the Edifier H880. Could qualify as a basshead can, bass goes deep into sub-bass territory, and it's visceral and pretty clean. Tilted a bit more toward bass than midrange and treble, but handles the full spectrum well. Cups are roomy, clamp force isn't too high. At least some of the metal looking parts are electroplated plastic I think. The cup exterior is soft touch plastic, not my favorite finish.

May 28, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #3,787 of 7,153
@trellus: Do you still find the OKCSC M1's treble too high or have they settled down?
From other reports, it would seem the Sivga SV007 is better behaved overall. Does that match your experience?
How is detail retrieval on both?

Cheers. :)

The treble hasn't settled down to my ears on the M1, no. I compared between the M1 and the DT 880/250 a few days ago after @Humblepie noted that the treble seemed similar on these two, but it didn't sound that way to my ears, the M1 was still too rough and piercing whereas the DT 880 extends very nicely up top but without being piercing to my ears. Also, the tonality on the DT880 was also just better -- fuller, more coherent.

Re: the M1 vs the SV007, yeah, it's not even close -- to my ears. I did a very rapid A/B between the M1 and the SV007 just now (about to go out of town, sorry, so only chance for a couple of weeks), and the M1 just sounds so much thinner, treble is rougher / grainier, but just overall even, the tonality on the SV007 is fuller than the thin sound of the M1. The bass on the SV007 is also rounder, has more oomph, but it isn't boomy to my ears by any means.

May 28, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #3,788 of 7,153
I haven't had a chance to listen to the M!'s again. I put them up somewhere after my initial listen and haven't returned to them. In fact, trying to remember where I put them. I do have a few different earpads to try as I know different earpads at least chance the sound of the grado's drastically. I was also thinking of doing the tape mod around the default earpads too.

Truth be told, I got in a bunch of sheepskin earpads for other headphones and have been trying to all out :) I also have looking forward to the Massdrop 58X jubilee, Audeze Mobius, and Audeze LCD2C I got coming here very soon :)

One other thing to note. I did a closer inspection of the SIVGA SV002 and SV003 models and the cups ARE different. The SV003 has deeper cups than the SV002. It is not a whole lot of difference, and doesn't seem to make a huge difference to the sound, but it is there. Stock Amazon photos show the difference once I knew to look for it.

SV003:
https://www.amazon.com/SIVGA-Studio-Headphones-Closed-Back-Headset/dp/B077JMHT49/

SV002:
https://www.amazon.com/SIVGA-Headphones-Premium-Monitor-Headset/dp/B077793ZYV

You can see the difference in the cups of one being deeper than the other in those pictures.

May 29, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #3,790 of 7,153
May 29, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #3,791 of 7,153
The Kinden variant of the Bosshifi B7 is $40 right now ...I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I have been following this thread for a while, but I don't recall if there is any significant difference between these and the B7.
https://www.amazon.com/Over-ear-Mus...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01FLUTPFO

Original B7, like the pictures of the Kinden model shown on Amazon, shipped with those Oval opening earpads. The newer ones ship with better Round opening earpads. The newer earpads are much better. Let us know which ones you get.

May 29, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #3,792 of 7,153
The Kinden variant of the Bosshifi B7 is $40 right now ...I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I have been following this thread for a while, but I don't recall if there is any significant difference between these and the B7.
https://www.amazon.com/Over-ear-Mus...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01FLUTPFO
That's a good price. It only has one negative review, but that review is complete BS. See below (SMH).
upload_2018-5-29_11-4-56.png

I just pulled the trigger on the SIVGA SV002, so we'll see how those stack up against the Archgon Delicato I recently purchased (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079P5BSSQ/). Who said Chi-Fi isn't addicting?!

May 29, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #3,793 of 7,153
That's a good price. It only has one negative review, but that review is complete BS. See below (SMH).

I just pulled the trigger on the SIVGA SV002, so we'll see how those stack up against the Archgon Delicato I recently purchased (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079P5BSSQ/). Who said Chi-Fi isn't addicting?!
I read the same one, and was so annoyed I almost responded. That person is a moron and it's pretty unfair to the headphones in terms of how they are ranked. It's like complaining that your Miata doesn't drive well in the snow.

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #3,794 of 7,153
Original B7, like the pictures of the Kinden model shown on Amazon, shipped with those Oval opening earpads. The newer ones ship with better Round opening earpads. The newer earpads are much better. Let us know which ones you get.
Thanks to Amazon I'll be able to let y'all know on thursday if all goes according to plan. I recall that being an issue with the earlier models....fortunately I have all manner of earpads lying around that I can try if I don't care for the originals. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back