Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
May 25, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #3,751 of 7,153
So I picked up some of the brainwavz sheepskin round earpads for one of my fostex to try them one. They are pricey on amazon at $40 for a pair. Despite the price I like them on my purple heart fostex for now. While I was looking around though I ran across a cheapie pair of something similar by the maker Ablet.

https://www.amazon.com/Ablet-Replacement-headphones-Sheepskin-Cushions/dp/B06XQY6LW3

Figured I would give them a shot on my 400i's since they were only $25. Got them in today and they are nice. Not the same as the brainwavz, but nice in their own way. They are memory foam, but a much denser/stiffer foam inside compared to the really squishy brainwavz. They only have them for the hifiman series so I wont be buying them for my other cans.

I did also order another brand of sheepskin earpads as well I saw. https://www.amazon.com/NewFantasia-Replacement-Sennheiser-Headphones-Sheepskin/dp/B07B9M6GVV these NewFantasia for sennheiser cans. Figured I can try them out on by HD6XX and 598se cans I have. Love experimenting.

I would love to try the Dekoni sheepskin pads on my other Fostex, I just have a hard time justifying their price tag though.

More cans came in too! Well besides the Fostex THX00 Purplehearts I got from a fellow head-fier, I got set of the SIVGA SV003 but in the Rosewood from a good ebay deal. Someone had a pair with a make an offer. Offered $25 and got them! Paid more for the other pair, but these should also by nice too. I have a pair of the SIVGA SV002 with the dark color already.

EDIT Doing an A/B comparison between the SV002 and the SV003. I can't hear any real difference between the two at all. So the only difference between the two is the SIVGA cutout on the side of the cups for the SV003 and nothing on the side for the SV002. There you guys go with that info for what it is worth. I like them both though for closed cans.

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #3,752 of 7,153
Anyone check these out?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079P5BSSQ/

They sound awesome. I started another thread on these here with my initial impressions:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/archgon-delicato-over-ear-hi-res-headphones-impressions.880507/

Saw those before and was tempted, but they were at a price range I dont just randomly toss money at to see if they are good or not. Been burned too many times in the past on those kinds of gambles. But if they have some recommendations from others at that price I get interested. Of course anything that looks interesting to me at $25 or under I am usually not as worried about gambling on.

May 25, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #3,753 of 7,153
Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #3,754 of 7,153
you seem to be the only person that knows about this headphone...zero reviews, no mentions of them anywhere that I can find.
How did you come across them? Can you post some pictures of them?

flyingv-ah-1280-x-720--banner-_-03-04.png

This is the frequency response graph from the manufacturer's website. Assuming it's accurate, how would it sound? I'm thinking about picking these up.

May 26, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #3,756 of 7,153
May 26, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #3,759 of 7,153
FYI, my Onkyo A800s are now F.S. here.

Ouch, you only recently got those didn’t you? Or was that @mbwilson111?

Why are you selling them? They are supposed to be like a Fidelity X2 on steroids. Would you say that is accurate?

May 26, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #3,761 of 7,153
Ouch, you only recently got those didn’t you? Or was that @mbwilson111?

Why are you selling them? They are supposed to be like a Fidelity X2 on steroids. Would you say that is accurate?

@mbwilson111 is keeping hers forever; I'm selling mine. This hints at some moral defect on my part (headphone promiscuity?).

Seriously, a headphone has to combine intriguing sound & above average comfort to keep me interested. It's not just the A800s...I sold the most expensive headphone I ever bought <1 month after getting it.

The A800s fell down for me mainly in comfort (personal & subjective--I have a big head; that's part of it). Sonically, they started out rather shrill/bright, but the sound changed as much as any other headphone in my experience following 150 hrs burn-in. They ended up sounding very good.

Any new open-back has to measure up to others I own & like: the Fidelio X2s & the LCD-2.1. Your very own modded Akai 50X recently joined that group (it's a blast...review to follow).

IMO it not accurate to say the X800 = X2s on steroids. They have different drivers, though the tuning is comparable. The A800s have a somewhat more precise sound (reproduction of frequencies + soundstaging) than the X2s. Sonic ho than I am, it's the diffuse/relaxing quality I most like about the X2s.

The other issue is I don't have a lot space for headphones (it's all taken up by headphone electronics!).

May 26, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #3,762 of 7,153
This hints at some moral defect on my part (headphone promiscuity?).

That is definitely it. But is it equally bad that I am faithful to many? :)

The A800 is comfortable enough for me and I really enjoy my music with them.

May 26, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #3,763 of 7,153
FYI, my Onkyo A800s are now F.S. here.

I can't remember... did you buy them new? I had to get an open box one from Amazon UK. No new ones available at the time and they still have not restocked.

I was happy I did not have to order from Japan because we get hit hard by customs fees here.

I had mine within two days after I ordered.

Last edited:
May 26, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #3,765 of 7,153

Users who are viewing this thread

Back