Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
May 15, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #3,691 of 7,153
...proof that listening to headphones creates a supremely subjective experience. I gave the OKCSC M1 DIY Grado clones to my friend to listen to briefly and he immediately declared he really liked them (even after I had biased him to be wary of the murder treble), and he said he could hear no difference when I enabled/disabled the EQ. Also, he said they were very comfortable and he could feel no pressure on his head. I think these headphones were made for him.

I showed him a Google image of the Grado RS2e (with the price! - and which I'm confident my ears would prefer) and he immediately said, "I like these better than those!" :beyersmile:

Are you going to sell them to him for what you paid?

May 15, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #3,692 of 7,153
If they are just eardrum slaughtering treble-cannons im probably going to skip them. Even N350 is sometimes a bit too bright sounding for me.

Granted, that's just my first impression. I'm just listening to them while I work on other things so I can't say I've done a proper listen, nor have I compared them to the notoriously bright Grado SR325i goldies that are right here on my desk -- I will definitely do that later.

By then, my brain may have "broken in" to the sound signature of these clones ... but honestly, they really did sound rough / harsh in the upper registers to me when I first put them on, for sure!

May 15, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #3,693 of 7,153
Are you going to sell them to him for what you paid?

Well, I'd probably just give them to him if he really liked them, but I wonder if he'd feel that way about the if he used them for an extended period of time. Alas, I only see him once a week here at the office, and he's definitely not a headphone jockey like I am. The best headphones he had -- the B&O H6 Gen 2 -- he bought literally on a whim after reading a blog praising them -- and he liked them, but he couldn't stomach paying > $300 for them and returned them (Amazon) for a refund. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 558 on his desk that he uses when he wants to use headphones, sort of "reserved" for him, and he's extremely picky on comfort. (So far the only ones he's approved are the HD 558 and the Shure SRH1540 -- and now, surprisingly these Grado clones.)

May 15, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #3,695 of 7,153
Im planning to sell my iSK HD 9999, i just dont have any need for them at the moment. They are not bad headphones but just... a bit boring. Too V-shaped sounding for me, kind of reminds me of M50X. Maybe ill give a try for their MDH9000 in the future.

Last edited:
May 15, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #3,696 of 7,153
I've never heard treble too high for me to be bothered. Kinda want to try the murder cans

I'm listening to them now, have been for about 2 hours while working -- weird thing is my brain seems to burning in and adjusting to them. I even turned off the EQ I had on them -- in fact, when I turn on EQ now, that sounds wrong, and the stock sound is "right." Granted, the other thing I'm doing is listening at lower volume (avg about 70 dB, max of about 75 dB) - but that's not a bad idea for me in any case as I tend to crank it up a little too much sometimes.

May 15, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #3,697 of 7,153
Last edited:
May 15, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #3,698 of 7,153
May 15, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #3,699 of 7,153
May 15, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #3,700 of 7,153
Posting of fakes is not allowed. Just an FYI

Who knows are they fakes or not?

Those Paikeshi-cans seem to be real, they are being sold in Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stainless-Headphones-Paikeshi-Detachable-Comfortable/dp/B072JBB129
And they even have a website but those headphones are not listed there. They look similar to Bosshifi except specs dont match.

Wow, that last one, though, that box lol... but I must admit I’m tempted because they are so pretty :p

Brave enough to place an order?
clear.png
clear.png
:p

May 15, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #3,701 of 7,153
Who knows are they fakes or not?

Those Paikeshi-cans seem to be real, they are being sold in Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stainless-Headphones-Paikeshi-Detachable-Comfortable/dp/B072JBB129
And they even have a website but those headphones are not listed there. They look similar to Bosshifi except specs dont match.

Brave enough to place an order?
clear.png
clear.png
:p

Probably not. :) I like the looks of the actual MSR7, but I honestly haven't had those headphones on my list of headphones to buy, so I'm unlikely to buy any clones -- and I genuinely hope they're not branded Audio-Technica, as obviously that would be unethical.

May 16, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #3,702 of 7,153
I've never heard treble too high for me to be bothered. Kinda want to try the murder cans

Well, I've spent more time with these OKCSC M1 DIY wooden Grado clones, and boy do they have piercing highs... they make my gold Grado SR325i cans -- perhaps "infamous" for their brightness -- seem tame, and the lows delivered by these Grado clones are even less than the SR325i which has never been mistaken for a bass cannon.... on this track, for instance, the beat at the beginning, while not booming on the SR325i, has some weight to it, but switching immediately to the wooden Grado-clones, they lose all weight entirely and sound very thing... then when the high synths pop in at about the 16-second mark, the clones stab my ear canals, while the SR325i are bright, but not as piercing.

I'm not sure that "brighter" is even the right term for the murder cans, maybe it's just that it's rougher, less refined, of a sound (lesser quality drivers and/or less careful tuning).

It can be mitigated by lowering the volume some, but...

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #3,704 of 7,153
Im planning to switch my ISK HD9999 to MDH9000 (or one of its clones) and ive heard that they are somewhat similar to Oneodio/Yenona Studio Pros which i own currently. Is ISK really and upgrade to it and what are the main differences between them?

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #3,705 of 7,153
A few weeks ago I warned my girlfriend, 'if you don't want these Akai 50X I am going to get a Dremel and go ham on them"
Well, she tried them on and declared, "I never wear beanies with a little ball on top, so you can keep them" ....
I got my hands on a Dremel and now these Akais are going to get it!!

I really want to like the Fiddy-X, but other than the BASS they don't really do anything that my other headphones don't do better......I love them for hip-hop, and I recently watched a movie with them and REALLY appreciated the bass extension...but I wanted more soundstage. I have talked to @Slater about the set he did for another headfier and I think opening the cups will make them my preferred movie headphones. I currently use my modded Philips 9500s for movies, but they don't have nearly as much bass as the Akai. If I can get close to the soundstage and clarity of the 9500s but with EPIC bass as well, that's a winner for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back