Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
May 3, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #3,586 of 7,153
I resemble that melon head! My Akai 50x fit me perfectly fine once I adjust them out a bit.

Yeah, I did notice that the 50X/ISK clones are able to be made huuuuge.

It's the only pair of cans I own that fit perfectly closed all the way (ie no adjustment whatever). If I adjust them all the way, they look like they'd fit a large watermelon comfortably!

And that's nice for our melon-headed audiophile friends, as most headphones don't offer that range of adjustment.

May 3, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #3,587 of 7,153
I haven't used my SR80i in quite some time. I stopped using them once I got my SennGrado, and really should come up with a headband to use at some point just to try again.

May 3, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #3,588 of 7,153
For what it's worth, Zeos has said that most of the Grado models all sound very similar to each other. He basically says don't get anything but an SR60E if you just "want" a Grado. If you really like Grado though, then he says go for what you want to afford basically.

I gave up on Zeos when he reviewed my Fostex th500rp. He said it had no bass, no mids, no treble... lol. So, what...two dead drivers? It is a VERY nice headphone. My only planar now that I have gifted my ZMF Vibro mk2 and my Fostex t50rp mk3 to my husband. He would probably say that the latter was his all along... The Vibro never fit me well and was heavy for me... I was given the Shure SHR1540 in exchange which fits me much better and is quite light.

I love my Grado 325E... except for the thick non-detachable cord. I need to spend more time with those.

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #3,589 of 7,153
Yeah, I did notice that the 50X/ISK clones are able to be made huuuuge.

It's the only pair of cans I own that fit perfectly closed all the way (ie no adjustment whatever).

The BossHiFi B8 is almost like that for me... I only expand it one small click. I think I have an average head. Someone with a smaller head might not be able to wear the B8 unless they pad the headband.

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #3,590 of 7,153
Nice to know there are people with small heads--or at least smaller than my XL model. I have my Marantz MPH-2 down about midway on the sliders, if anybody's keeping score.

Recently picked up a used pair of LCD-2.1's. Thought about getting a ZMF Pilot Pad for the not very comfortable headband--but no can do. After fitting this HP to my head, I'm just 1-2 clicks from no more clicks on the sliders. Obviously no room for a Pilot Pad, under the circumstances.

May 3, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #3,591 of 7,153
I gave up on Zeos when he reviewed my Fostex th500rp. He said it had no bass, no mids, no treble... lol. So, what...two dead drivers? It is a VERY nice headphone. My only planar now that I have gifted my ZMF Vibro mk2 and my Fostex t50rp mk3 to my husband. He would probably say that the latter was his all along... The Vibro never fit me well and was heavy for me... I was given the Shure SHR1540 in exchange which fits me much better and is quite light.

I love my Grado 325E... except for the thick non-detachable cord. I need to spend more time with those.

Wait, so you were the one who sent those TH500RP (which are still on my list of "to-buy" headphones :) ) to Zeos that he reviewed? :upside_down:

May 3, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #3,592 of 7,153
Man, you gotta hurry up and do the mod to the T3! It only takes 5-10 minutes!

Don't expect miracles though - it only tames and cleans up the bass and makes the T3 bearable to listen to. It doesn't magically give clarity, soundstage, etc where there was none before (the OPEN version improves the soundstage). I'm bored with them though - I might just end up using the shells for a driver swap since I like the bullet-proof build and folding compactness. I have some brand new soundMAGIC HP200 50mm drivers sitting collecting dust. I swear I hear them at night calling my name LOL

BTW, I was able to test the tape mod using micropore tape, and it works just fine. I just haven't had a chance to update the T3 thread yet with the results. Hopefully you have a clue what I'm even talking about...

Okay, I finally did the mod just now. Used duct tape, because we boyz down in here Texas use that for everything.

It works. The bass is tamed, and the bleed from the bass is gone. Male vocals are clearer because of it. When I would listen to Ed Sheeran on these previously it sounded like I was listening to Barry White singing with a vibrator in his mouth. Now he sounds like Ed Sheeran. Okay maybe it was a slight exaggeration, but only slight. They still aren't all that comfortable with the stock basically on-ear pads and the tight clamp force. As for the sound there is more treble, more mids, and less fuzzy bass. It does sound better. While it has less fuzzy bass, it isn't completely gone. It moved the sound from almost intolerable to something I could listen to if I had to.

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #3,594 of 7,153
Wait, so you were the one who sent those TH500RP (which are still on my list of "to-buy" headphones :) ) to Zeos that he reviewed? :upside_down:

Haha. I would never trust him with anything.

I think these have been discontinued for awhile... are you sure you can still find them if you wait too long? I have had mine for over a year and a half. First expensive headphones that I ever bought. They were meant to be my last purchase...

I had not yet even tried iems or buds yet...

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #3,595 of 7,153
I love watching Zeos for the entertainment factor

On that note, yeah the LyxPro for me needs to have no adjusting, as its already big enough and can be a little loose even with Sheepskin pads

May 3, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #3,596 of 7,153
I love watching Zeos for the entertainment factor

Oh I agree. We often watch his reviews on the big tv just for fun. Although I have never made it all the way through his two hour reviews on daps.

I would never make a purchase based on one of his reviews.

May 3, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #3,597 of 7,153
Haha. I would never trust him with anything.

I think these have been discontinued for awhile... are you sure you can still find them if you wait too long? I have had mine for over a year and a half. First expensive headphones that I ever bought. They were meant to be my last purchase...

I had not yet even tried iems or buds yet...

Well, no, but my budget hasn't approved them yet so I hope I can get them at some point. :sweat_smile:

I'm sort of hoping Flo @ Progressive comes through for me and I finally get my deductible refunded for that car total I had last December when a lady rammed into me... they are fighting for it, mostly to recover their costs of course, since they agreed with me, after their investigation (and my dash cam footage) that it was the other party's fault.... so if can get that back, it will finance the purchase of a used TH500RP set assuming one is still available at that time.:relieved:

To ge track on topic of Chinese Asian Brand goodies, I did order those $48.66 Grado woody clones, the OKCSC M1 DIY, from Amazon, early this morning... looks like they are coming from China so it will likely take a minimum of 2 weeks to get here.

OKCSC M1 DIY

May 3, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #3,598 of 7,153
I really do have to put my Akai 50x on the 3rd notch on each cup to fit my head. Use that for reference guys and gals :)

side note I got a bunch of goodies in today.

Sennheiser HD 598se
Focal Elex
Brookstone Wireless Cat ears (Ariana Grande version). Don't laugh as my wife wanted them so I got them for mothers day for her :)

I also ordered those OKCSC grado clones for good measure too. Then I ordered something completely odd.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8W29ZR

Looks like another Chinese clone headphone. For $25 I figured why not. Looks like it will take a few weeks to ship too.

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #3,599 of 7,153
Im planning to order those wannabe-Grados in the future as well, i just want to hear some impressions first.

If i can trust to Finlands postal service im probably going to receive my Msur N350 tomorrow, cant wait to test them. :L3000: Trying to be skeptical but im already little hyped about them.

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #3,600 of 7,153
Oh I agree. We often watch his reviews on the big tv just for fun. Although I have never made it all the way through his two hour reviews on daps.

I would never make a purchase based on one of his reviews.
Only one I bought based on his rec was the M560. Was worth it though I sold it a little while later. It was my first Planar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back