Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
May 1, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #3,556 of 7,153
May 2, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #3,557 of 7,153
Have anyone heard about these "Grado-copies"?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/POY...html?spm=2114.11010108.01008.1.5131649btuKnaY

POYATU-Wood-Headphone-HiFi-Minitor-Bass-Headphones-With-Stainless-Headband-On-Ear-Head-Phones-Music-Wooden.jpg_640x640.jpg

May 2, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #3,559 of 7,153

Been debating getting these for the past year. There seems to be a lot of reports of breaking at the sliding coupler on these. Since that coupler doesn't move, it seems to be less user error be the likely cause and more of bad materials used.

Amazon has had them for awhile.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015FNW8VA

They are even cheaper usually on Amazon than aliexpress. Here is a picture of it broken at the slider coupler.

71iWkOJVexL.jpg

They look fairly nice otherwise as grado clones. The problem is SR60e grados, which these seem to be based off on, are about the same price. If these were $30ish or less I'd buy them. At $50ish+ you might as well buy the originals for the same price. This is especially true for the $80 price range found on aliexpress.

May 2, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #3,560 of 7,153
Been debating getting these for the past year. There seems to be a lot of reports of breaking at the sliding coupler on these. Since that coupler doesn't move, it seems to be less user error be the likely cause and more of bad materials used.

They are even cheaper usually on Amazon than aliexpress. Here is a picture of it broken at the slider coupler.

71iWkOJVexL.jpg

They look fairly nice otherwise as grado clones. The problem is SR60e grados, which these seem to be based off on, are about the same price. If these were $30ish or less I'd buy them. At $50ish+ you might as well buy the originals for the same price. This is especially true for the $80 price range found on aliexpress.

Here in Finland cheapest price for SR60e is 109€ (pretty ridiculous, SR80e is close to 200€) vs 66€ copy(?) on Aliexpress so its relatively cheap.

Where those in Amazon ship from?

Last edited:
May 2, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #3,561 of 7,153
Here in Finland cheapest price for SR60e is 109€ (pretty ridiculous, SR80e is close to 200€) vs 66€ copy(?) on Aliexpress so its relatively cheap.

Where those in Amazon ship from?

At least from the US Amazon site, it shows as shipping from China.

May 2, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #3,564 of 7,153
They sound better than the Grado SR60 or SR80 to me

Haven't heard either one of them so wouldn't know. Just know people have a love or hate relationship with grados. The few that only "like" them and have tried multiple ones say to stick with the sr60e as the increased cost doesn't get you much.

What I do like about the OKCSC/Poyatu clones is that they have a detachable cable that the grado's don't have. Always a big plus in my book.

Last edited:
May 2, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #3,566 of 7,153

71iWkOJVexL.jpg

Those broken hinges would be easy to fix into position. Unless you share your headphones with others (or use them outdoors while you're wearing hats of various thicknesses), there's really no need to always adjust the headband. Put it at the optimal setting, and affix them that way using small stainless hardware (ie machine screws and a nut etc). If your head drastically changes size (due to a sudden onset of a Cerebral Edema for example), just readjust the headband to the new size via the hardware.

Last edited:
May 2, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #3,568 of 7,153
Haven't heard either one of them so wouldn't know. Just know people have a love or hate relationship with grados. The few that only "like" them and have tried multiple ones say to stick with the sr60e as the increased cost doesn't get you much.

What I do like about the OKCSC/Poyatu clones is that they have a detachable cable that the grado's don't have. Always a big plus in my book.

+1 on this.... that and they're woodies for a lot less than any real Grado woodies.... though I am quite confident they don't sound as good as real Grado woodies. :thinking:

May 3, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #3,570 of 7,153
Not quite as good as SR325 or GH1

Ive heard that SR325 sounds very similar to 60e and 80e, like 90-95% the same headphones. But if they at least beat the latter ones in terms of sound quality i put them on my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back