Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Feb 23, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #722 of 7,153
1MORE H1707 triple driver (passive radiator!) over-ear headphones:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1MORE-H1707-Triple-Driver-Over-Ear-Headphones-with-Microphone-Super-Bass-Hifi-Gold-Headphones-Headset-for/32790901179.html

Feb 23, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #723 of 7,153
  @Nachash @crabdog Well I have the "Leidchen" in, and will assume they're just a rebrand.  Keeping in mind I've been listening to a ton of TOTL earbuds lately, these come off as fairly bassy but by no means basshead cans.  Vocals are forward enough to keep up with the bass, but depending on the recording might fall into the background.  There isn't a feeling of veil with the vocals either so far, which I appreciate.  Guitar can feel a little bit in the background at times compared to other setups, but still sounds good.  None of my test tracks are great for treble, but I don't hear anything that indicates these to either be heavy or light.  Details feel a little bit less than I'm used to, but are still respectable, especially considering I paid barely over $20 shipped.  It's been a long time since I've listened to a budget headphone, so keep that in mind with all comments.  Oh, and the thing that I'm sure someone's curious about.  With the suspension strap and pillow pads, they're certainly comfortable!  I'd rate my Sennheiser HD700 as more comfortable as those disappear after a little bit, but these cause zero discomfort.  You can just feel the pressure from clamp in my case.

My conclusion is whether or not these are legit Leidchen, they're worth what I paid and more.  They're fun, engaging, and were amazon prime so very quickly received.  My only complaint is I wish they included an adapter as the mic & audio are separate jacks.  They're 35 ohm, but gobble power as they need roughly the same amount of juice as my 320 ohm VE Zen 1.

Thanks a lot, I think that I'm gonna give them a skip then. As long as they're $45 in EU.

Feb 23, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #724 of 7,153
Feb 23, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #726 of 7,153
Got an email earlier that Musicians Friend stupid deal of the day is the Marantz MP-2 for $39.99. Don't know if it is still available. Anyone pick one up?

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #727 of 7,153
Got an email earlier that Musicians Friend stupid deal of the day is the Marantz MP-2 for $39.99. Don't know if it is still available. Anyone pick one up?

This is the online store (and the same low price) where I bought my 1st pair of these excellent headphones. There's a deal clock showing 9 hours/12 minutes left on this price.

If anyone is tempted to try any of the ISK MDH9000 clones, this is the cream of the crop IMO. To clarify: based on my experience w/3 samples of 2 of the clones  (the Marantz & the LyxPro HAS-30's), they all sound identical. The only differences are subtle visual/appearance accents (still, I like the look of the MDH-2's the best).

Best $40 bucks I ever spent.

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #730 of 7,153
  I've tried the lyxpro pads (stock) on the b8.
I don't like the sound... ear-piercing, OLD beyer-like.

Fixed. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #732 of 7,153
guys after i have looked into the ISK MDH9000 and ISK HP2011 on the takstar thread i came here to write about the YENONA that i read.

I didnt know about them, i read it over here.

I contacted the yenona store on aliexpress and you can get them for 37 bucks

moreover the guy over there told me that the new version has solved the issue with the 3.5" loose jack that you mentioned on your reviews.

moreover he told me that i could get another pair of pads for free.

should i go for them or spend like 55 bucks for the ISK MDH9000 / LYXPRO HAS 30?

my only concern about them is the proprietary lock in cable where as with the yenona you can use any after market cable.

thanks guys.

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #733 of 7,153
  well, im enjoying the yenona with a maceton aptx adapter. For me the earpads feels better than the hm5, just big enough to to fully go over the ears and close them. The sound is better than the ausdom m05 with hm5 pads, but the ausom is better for bluetooth etc.

The yenona did give me a small 6.35mm to 3.5 adapter cable so the seller is one of the best on ali

is the small cable straight one or coiled?

i want to ask him similar stuff.

always the coiled cables bring along higher impedance and this changes the sound. I would prefer to have to have both of them.

you can also user and aftermarket cable.

also i want an input on the sound considering the different plugs.

does the sound alter if you use the 6.3 plug instead of the 3.5 plug?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/510755/is-the-sound-quality-of-6-3-mm-better-than-using-the-headphone-with-a-3-5-mm-adapter#post_6903656

ok the plug does not make any difference in sound at all

So I have the Yenonas now and have been with them for a few hours. Very comfortable to say the least. Build is ok (nowhere near my Oppo pm3) but you have to be realistic for the price they are very nicely built. Pads are fabulous.

Out of the box the highs are very prominent. Almost painfully sharp for me. I'm not eqing them at all. I'll let them burn in for 50-60 hours and give them another go after that.
smily_headphones1.gif

any news on this?

Feb 28, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #734 of 7,153

is the small cable straight one or coiled?

i want to ask him similar stuff.

always the coiled cables bring along higher impedance and this changes the sound. I would prefer to have to have both of them.

you can also user and aftermarket cable.

also i want an input on the sound considering the different plugs.

does the sound alter if you use the 6.3 plug instead of the 3.5 plug?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/510755/is-the-sound-quality-of-6-3-mm-better-than-using-the-headphone-with-a-3-5-mm-adapter#post_6903656

ok the plug does not make any difference in sound at all

any news on this?

That price you were quoted for the Yenona's is truly excellent. And having a spare pair of pads is great. The pads on the Yenona are one of my favorite things about the headphone--very, very comfortable & deep.

I never even bothered using the cord that came w/my Yenona's. It was thing w/a nasty pink color. Just didn't want to mess w/it. Instead, I used inexpensive after-market cables, and they worked perfectly (links below).

I used the 3.5mm input jack at first, but when that failed to hold the cable (it kept dropping out), I just plugged the 6.5mm end of the cable into the 6.5mm input jack on the other earcup. That worked perfectly and has been that way ever since. I didn't notice any difference at all between the 3.5mm input jack vs the 6.5mm jack.

Regarding the sound of the Yenona's, you'll see pretty widely divergent comments around here. I saw that comment you quote above (it doesn't match my experience w/them, at least in the early going); and some think the bass is overdone (for me, it was perfect at the start). I can only tell you my own experience w/them:

-- when I first starting listening to them (after burnin), I found their sound to be really delightful. It's a "fun" sound, somewhat U-shaped (slightly elevated bass & treble vs midrange), but it just sounded fantastic to me. I am extremely averse to "bright" headphones (brightness gives me headaches), but these just had a little "sparkle" up top. I liked what I heard, wrote a review, and kept listening.

-- However, about 5-6 weeks later, the Yenona's sound started changing. The bass got a little boomier, and more concerning, the treble got noticeably brighter. I really loved the headphones, so I tried to work around it by changing pads. I tried the MrSpeakers alpha pads--that sounded better, w/more control in the bass, and slight reduction in treble. But they were still a little too bright, so I put a thin cotton fabric at the bottom of each earpad. The result was really quite good. I would still be using that setup, except that the relatively light clamping pressure of the Yenona's started to be a drawback--the alpha pads are very thick, angled, and the Yenona's didn't press them against my head enough to make a seal.

-- So next I tried the HM5 extra thick (non-angled pleathers). As usual, these superior aftermarket pads improved things. Bass because more controlled and impactful, though treble was still elevated. So I experimented with linings for the bass of each earcup. After trial & error, I ended up w/1 layer of think cotton + 2 layers of tissue paper in each earcup. They sound pretty good this way--though I kinda miss those wonderful Yenona pads...

What does it all mean? Well, for me, the Yenona's changed sound well after burnin by getting brighter, something I'd never heard of. But I still see them as very "fun" headphones unlike any others I have. I don't regret getting them in the least.

By comparison, the ISK MDH9000 clones (I've had 2 x Marantz MPH's + 1 LyxPro HAS-30), are utterly dependable; their sound never seems to change. I can use them for virtually any kind of music on hand, and they always sound good.

So if you can afford to get both of these headphones, I'd say get them both (together they should cost any more than $100).

CABLES: I've gotten 4-5 HP cables from Ghent Audio. Ghent Xu is responsive & customer-oriented; his cables are quite well made and rather inexpensive. I've come to prefer the cable that have no fabric sheath (no microphonics). Example:

http://www.ghentaudio.com/part/d05.html (1/4" to 1/4", no sheath--2M @$17!) ... you can ask him to make one connector into a 3.5mm if you want.

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #735 of 7,153
I gifted my Yenona to my buddy but I used a custom cable which helped tighten the bass a bit. I asked the seller on Amazon if I could get spare pads a few months ago and he said they aren't available. I guess they are now. Might try and get a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back