Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jan 16, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #467 of 7,153
  Hi everyone!

I am looking for a new 100-150$ over ear, closed back headphone with detachable cable. Chinese brands just came to my mind. Sadly that is very hard to find reviews about chinese products, so i ask for your help. 

Can you recommend me some chinese headphones with the following requirements?
 -price range is 100-150 $
 -over ear, but rather portable than full size
 -closed back
 -detachable cable
 -neutral, living, detailed sound is preferred. basshead and very V shaped headphones are excluded

Amongst popular brands i found two promising headphones matching these requirements: Audio-Technika ath-m40x and Shure srh440. The chinese contestant must be better value 
Also i am a novice audiophile. I have a Fiio X3 k2 music player, Creative Aurvana live! 1 headphone and a Yamaha eph-100 inner ear headphone. Both sound great with the X3. CAL! is great but the eph-100 is on a different level. I want an other over ear headphone with better sound quality, better build quality (CAL! is very creaky and squishy), and detachable cable. The eph-100 is also very great, but i realized, that i prefer over ear headphones 

Sorry for my english and many thanks for help! 

Man, the B8 was everything except for the last part. It's really detailed, but unfortunately it does sound v-shaped

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #468 of 7,153
Looks like my Yenonas arrived at my pickup store just now. might have to take a early lunch to go pick them up :)

Looking forward to hearing what the fuzz is about :wink:

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #469 of 7,153
  Looks like my Yenonas arrived at my pickup store just now. might have to take a early lunch to go pick them up :)

Looking forward to hearing what the fuzz is about :wink:

Maxumus comfortus 
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #470 of 7,153
  Hi everyone!

I am looking for a new 100-150$ over ear, closed back headphone with detachable cable. Chinese brands just came to my mind. Sadly that is very hard to find reviews about chinese products, so i ask for your help. 

-closed back
 -detachable cable
 -neutral, living, detailed sound is preferred. basshead and very V shaped headphones are excluded

Amongst popular brands i found two promising headphones matching these requirements: Audio-Technika ath-m40x and Shure srh440. The chinese contestant must be better value 
Also i am a novice audiophile. I have a Fiio X3 k2 music player, Creative Aurvana live! 1 headphone and a Yamaha eph-100 inner ear headphone. Both sound great with the X3. CAL! is great but the eph-100 is on a different level. I want an other over ear headphone with better sound quality, better build quality (CAL! is very creaky and squishy), and detachable cable. The eph-100 is also very great, but i realized, that i prefer over ear headphones 

This one, IVOC-100,  fits all your needs, but can only buy it on Taobao. 
https://world.taobao.com/item/540469792452.htm

Jan 16, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #471 of 7,153
  Hi everyone!

-closed back
 -detachable cable

http://penonaudio.com/DONSCORPIO-Dolphin

Jan 16, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #472 of 7,153

You.know what guys was just thinking since i just bought the hifiman 400i for $350 CAD from visions canada. Thats about $250 american and they sound amazing, better than anything i have or have tried. They usually sell for $450 USD. I have not tried but anyone that is interested....perhaps these can be purchased from visions as i know they are across canada and are online. I can fully reccomend these but they are open back and they leak alot of sound.

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #473 of 7,153
You.know what guys was just thinking since i just bought the hifiman 400i for $350 CAD from visions canada. Thats about $250 american and they sound amazing, better than anything i have or have tried. They usually sell for $450 USD. I have not tried but anyone that is interested....perhaps these can be purchased from visions as i know they are across canada and are online. I can fully reccomend these but they are open back and they leak alot of sound.

I've got them already :wink: Actually listening to them at this very moment.

Cslrke is looking for a closed set.

That being said I share your love for the HE400i.

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #474 of 7,153
I've got them already
wink.gif
Actually listening to them at this very moment.

@Cslrke is looking for a closed set.

That being said I share your love for the HE400i.

Very true they leak sound like crazy, Slightly worse than my Senn 598's. Always good to have a closed set for times you cant use the open. They do classify as Chinese though even if they sound like they are made in Japan :). They make my Senn 598's sound and feel like a toy. 

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #475 of 7,153
Very true they leak sound like crazy, Slightly worse than my Senn 598's. Always good to have a closed set for times you cant use the open. They do classify as Chinese though even if they sound like they are made in Japan :). They make my Senn 598's sound and feel like a toy. 

Yeah, they're indeed very open lol.

Personally I prefer IEM's or earbuds over closed headphones but ymmw.

I agree with you that the HE400i is on another level than the HD598 but I do like to use the HD598 for movies and TV watching late at night since they're smaller and more comfortable to lay down with for me. I bought them for this purpose only and I'm glad I did but I'd never use them for music.

Jan 16, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #477 of 7,153
So I have the Yenonas now and have been with them for a few hours. Very comfortable to say the least. Build is ok (nowhere near my Oppo pm3) but you have to be realistic for the price they are very nicely built. Pads are fabulous.

Out of the box the highs are very prominent. Almost painfully sharp for me. I'm not eqing them at all. I'll let them burn in for 50-60 hours and give them another go after that. :)

Jan 16, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #478 of 7,153
  Where can I buy any of these chinese headphones? 

Which ones are you after? Hifiman are a well established brand made famous by high end products for mid-tier prices, pretty much anywhere like amazon but Visions Canada has a sale on the 400i's for $350 CAD. Im not sure if you can take advantage of that living in the United States. Any of the other ones everyone has discussed can be purchased on Aliexpress or Amazon.

@peter123, agree with the 598s for movies and games. They certainly do have an unbeatable sound stage, for music though it can sound a tad bit thin but i still enjoy them. With the 400i's though its no comparison for music anyways. 

Jan 16, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #479 of 7,153

This one, IVOC-100,  fits all your needs, but can only buy it on Taobao. 
https://world.taobao.com/item/540469792452.htm

Thanks for the reply. 

These are very nice, but i dont know if i will risk 120 dollars for a completely unknown product. Of coarse chinese headphones are less reviewed, but you cant find an english sentence about these. 

But i am still interested. How could i know more about these? 

Jan 16, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #480 of 7,153
  http://penonaudio.com/DONSCORPIO-Dolphin

I heard the strap of the Dolphin breaks. Some say they break easily when used not normally. I can forgive this. Not every headphone can be extremely durable. But there are others who complain these broke after few months with normal use. All the stainless steel pieces and the strap is a junk... Such a shame.
But prove me wrong. A little piece of me still wants to buy a Dolphin. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back