Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jan 16, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #6,931 of 7,153
There are some city called Paris in USA as well, we are even now haha

There's even a new Orléans in the US, I believe it's called New Orleans.

Feb 1, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #6,933 of 7,153
Would it be possible to make a short list of recommended Chi-fi headphones on 1st page?
Recommendations shift and change 1-3 times a year, and Chi-fi headphones (note: not earphones) aren't as competitive a space as in the past.

You've also got Western manufacturers to consider at many key price points too, such as JBL, Shure, AKG, Koss, Foster/Fostex (via Creative's CAL! SE and the E-MU Walnut) and established Chi-Fi brands like Takstar, 1More (aka Xiaomi) and HIFIMAN.

Drop a sound signature and budget in here, maybe the preference of closed/open, on/over ear, and any additional features you're driving for (mic, ANC, bluetooth, etc), and the community will do their best to direct you to options to compare.

Outside earphones, Chi-Fi isn't really rolling in amazing value in the sub-$500 space.

Currently IMO, you're not really getting anything outstanding out of this segment aside from the Takstar Pro 82 and most of the ISK MDH9000 clones to get value for money. The rest is way more experimental stuff where you'll be one of less than 5 people trying a headphone driver tech off Taobao that hasn't been properly tuned.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 6:37 AM Post #6,934 of 7,153
My second pair of Takstar pro 82 just started to have same problems like first one had right driver slowly stoppin to work after ~2years+ of use. It seems that there is not really new alternatives after all those years? and i like Takstar pro 82 sound/comfort. Can somebody link where i can buy sivga 006 or their clone please ? Can't find them on ali.

Feb 3, 2022 at 6:44 AM Post #6,935 of 7,153
My second pair of Takstar pro 82 just started to have same problems like first one had right driver slowly stoppin to work after ~2years+ of use. It seems that there is not really new alternatives after all those years? and i like Takstar pro 82 sound/comfort. Can somebody link where i can buy sivga 006 or their clone please ? Can't find them on ali.
There might not be a chi-fi alternative, but there may be an alternative. What's your budget?

Feb 3, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #6,936 of 7,153
Are you sure that the problem is the driver? It's a common issue for Pro 82 cable to lose one of the channels after a couple of years.
You can buy replacement cables here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32810246600.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001210857463.html
If it is a problem with the driver, you can either buy another Pro 82 v2 ( :beerchug: ) or try the bassier version of Pro 82 - GM200:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33012705103.html
Review is here:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/takstar-gm200.23913/

There is a 3$ discount code for Pro 82 v2/GM200 in the first post of the Pro 82 thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iew-impressions-and-discussion-thread.849965/

Alternatively, a Sivga 006 clone is available here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002789920314.html

Feb 3, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #6,937 of 7,153
Are you sure that the problem is the driver?
Yes i have couple different cables for takstar 82 and problem is not driver failure its that cable or whatever that is inside headphones is starting to fail slowly(i doubt i will be able to fix it). I had GM200 too i just dont have them with me anymore (gave to friend)
but there may be an alternative. What's your budget?
Not really interested in AD/AKGK371/Beyers and others budget is ~70-150 sivga 006 seems like perfect what i need based on what i seen.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #6,938 of 7,153
Not really interested in AD/AKGK371/Beyers and others budget is ~70-150 sivga 006 seems like perfect what i need based on what i seen.
I'd strongly recommend demoing the K371 if you haven't already, but other options in your price range would be the 1More Triple Over-Ear (graphene version) and the Shure SRH840A.

Feb 3, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #6,939 of 7,153
1More Triple Over-Ear
This is what i wanted to try but... "Over ear" and i gonna use them for 6h+ everyday this small pads is worst thing about them and changing them is not so easy and probably will destroy all stock sound. I will look into K361/371 tbh i would try k552 but they are discounted and i never seen them here.

Feb 3, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #6,940 of 7,153
@filthyweeb
What do you think of the ISK MDH9000 clones?
You can put Brainwavz pads on them.
(A potential problem with the ISK MDH9000 clones is that they have a lot of bass, and some people don't like a lot of bass.)

Feb 3, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #6,942 of 7,153
(A potential problem with the ISK MDH9000 clones is that they have a lot of bass, and some people don't like a lot of bass.)

Clearly I'm looking at this through the other end of the bass telescope, as in: lots of bass is no problem at all.

Bass is the first thing people mention when the topic of ISK MDH9000 clones come up, but there's more to this story than just bass. The clones do other things well:
  • Way better soundstage than one could expect from an inexpensive closed back
  • Excellent mids--not a simple "U" shaped/suppressed midrange sound here
  • Not bright at all. It may not have the highest resolution around, but what there is sounds rather good to my ears
  • Musicality: Sure, that's hard as hell to describe in any detail. But all 3 of the clones I own or gave away had the ability to get to the heart of music, giving the listener a sense of what's good about this song/genre/composition. The sound of these headphones actually holds together and sounds like music (I've had any number of HPs here, including some more expensive than the clones, which failed in this regard)
  • These things even scale to a degree with better DACs and/or amplification. Put them with an amp that has tight, dynamic bass, and the clone's bass will get a little tighter & more dynamic
The build and sound of these clones aren't perfect, but for $50 to $100 USD, why would one expect perfection? I don't even expect that from 20X the price...

Reminder about the clones: if you get one, make sure it has the full-size pleather pads on it, not something lesser (1-2 of the clones use thinner/inferior pads). Here's a picture and link to the current cheapest of the clones (had one of these, gifted it to a friend), showing the pads I speak of:

41fsF0cvWyL._AC_SY450_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/LyxPro-HAS-3...ocphy=9004273&hvtargid=pla-521687267477&psc=1

Feb 3, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #6,943 of 7,153
Clearly I'm looking at this through the other end of the bass telescope, as in: lots of bass is no problem at all.

Bass is the first thing people mention when the topic of ISK MDH9000 clones come up, but there's more to this story than just bass. The clones do other things well:
Hi,
I understand the LyxPros have a locking mechanism on the cable connector and was wondering if you happened to know how easy it is to get a replacement cable?
Do you have to get them direct from the headphone manufacturer or are there various 3rd party makers?
Have had a quick seach but can't find anything.

Feb 3, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #6,944 of 7,153
Hi,
I understand the LyxPros have a locking mechanism on the cable connector and was wondering if you happened to know how easy it is to get a replacement cable?
Do you have to get them direct from the headphone manufacturer or are there various 3rd party makers?
You being in the UK may complicate things a bit. These headphones are almost never available from the Chinese mfr--they're routinely available from places like US Amazon, Musicians Friend, etc.

Just found the following on Amazon UK. It ships from the US, but seems available to you in UK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LyxPro-HAS...43918611&sprefix=lyxpro+has-30,aps,182&sr=8-1

As for the locking jacks, that's true. On one of the pairs I had, a friend modded the jack's housing, making it larger and removing the parts that "lock in" the cable jack. After that mod I was able to use any 3.5mm jack/aftermarket cable.

But I have to say, I heard little difference between aftermarket cables and the 3M cable that comes standard with these headphones. It's a more than decent sounding cable, quite appropriate for a headphone at this price-point IMO.

Feb 3, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #6,945 of 7,153
Hi,
The locking part of my LyxPro HAS-30 was just an extra plastic piece that was held in by small phillips screws. I removed that piece and use a Vmoda cable for it. You can't use just any cable with it since the jack is so recessed but you have a lot more options once you taking the locking part out. You just have to take out the left driver to get to it. Fairly simple if you have the right sized screwdriver. This is what the little locking piece looks like.
0203221321.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back