Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jan 1, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #5,776 of 7,153
Yep, and since I get sheepskin pads for all of my over-ear headphones, if the Akai Professional Project 50X were super cheap again someday, they would be a good choice for me.

Jan 1, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #5,777 of 7,153
Yep, and since I get sheepskin pads for all of my over-ear headphones, if the Akai Professional Project 50X were super cheap again someday, they would be a good choice for me.

Have you pad rolled your clone? I never bothered, since the sound seemed ideal "as is."

Jan 1, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #5,778 of 7,153
Have you pad rolled your clone? I never bothered, since the sound seemed ideal "as is."
Yes, but I didn't do it to improve the sound.
I did it to improve the comfort.

Jan 1, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #5,780 of 7,153
My ears aren't all that picky, but I don't think the sound changed much.
I used Brainwavz round earpads.

Jan 1, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #5,781 of 7,153
My ears aren't all that picky, but I don't think the sound changed much.
I used Brainwavz round earpads.

I'm not surprised you didn't hear a change. Brainwavz rounds (100mm) are virtually identical in all dimension to the stock clones' earpads. I always found the pleather of the clones earpads to be somewhat thicker than any other earpads, incl. Brainwavz rounds--but it's kind of doubtful that would impact the sound.

I have pair of Brainwavz angled sheepskins, also a pair of MrSpeakers Alpha pads. Both are very deep, angled pads (the Alpha pads are the deepest angled pads I've ever seen). They look wonderful, but change the sound too much on every headphone I've tried them on...never bothered trying them on the clones, since they already sounded so good.

It's too bad I con't get use out of the pads...sometimes I just take them out just to look at them!

Jan 1, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #5,782 of 7,153
The ISK MDH-9000 (clone) has always been on my wishlist. Most of the time I buy IEM's.
As I mentioned earlier all the clones are equal or more priced than "original" ISK MDH9000 on AliExpress.

What I don't understand on Taobao I see ISK MDH9000 For 100 dollar while they are on AE for 56 dollar.??
Taobao items are often cheaper or the same price as AE.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #5,783 of 7,153
I would shop on Taobao but I don't feel comfortable doing so because it's not in English.

Jan 2, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #5,785 of 7,153
You could try eBay, Amazon, or create a wanted to buy post on the HeadFi for sale board.
sure but ..
* ebay has 700$+ price tag and it is rare
* Amazon doesn't list them ( sold out )
* a wtb post could take months to fill .....

guessed that -maybe - they were more available in the east ..

Jan 3, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #5,788 of 7,153
Jan 3, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #5,789 of 7,153
Anybody care to do a simple measurement of the Okcsc ZX1? Like putting your mic to the pads or something, I am just curious of the claimed bass extension aswell as treble peaks.
Not offering measurements, but after owning and listening to both, I would recommend the Takstar Pro 82 v2 over it.

Pro 82 has a very good soundstage for a closed back, detail level is extremely good, and the sound is pleasant and entertaining despite the somewhat diminished bass. ZX1 has smoother bass, but if a song is bright or remotely sibilant you get punished. You might be able to clean that up with mods (and of course EQ), but they've already gone to a lot of trouble in the housing design and materials inside the cup to alleviate the problem with significant success, but it's still too sharp. I think the ZX1 is ultimately an interesting prototype for where cheaper open back designs could go while delivering higher quality drivers.

If you want an everyday headphone, get the Takstar Pro 82 v2 from TakstarAudio on AliE. If you want something that's great for live performances, well-mastered studio recordings and well-mastered EDM that isn't too bright, then it's ok to look at the ZX1.

This is my headphone range:

On-ear: ZX1, Porta Pro X (with Yaxi pads), KSC75X, KPH30i
Over-ear: Takstar Pro 82 v2, HyperX Cloud Revolver, Samson SR850
In-ear: KZ ZSN, Xiaomi QTEJ03JY (has a graphene dynamic driver in its BA/DD hybrid driver)

My time over again, I would have bought only the KPH30i, the Pro 82 v2, the Xiaomi, and then invested the rest of the money in getting one of the Fidelio X2HR, Takstar HF-580 or the Sennheiser HD6XX (though perhaps not at $70 more than the other two, which is how it would work out in my region), and then the BLON BL-03 and the **** **** to experiment with where IEM tech might take headphones in the future.

The only item I'm truly disappointed with is the Samson in terms of overall value, but too much of what I've picked up is far too picky across a broad range of music. Hope my tale of mild woe helps! :p

EDIT: the Xiaomi has a graphene-based dynamic driver, not ceramic.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #5,790 of 7,153
I don`t get it - you ask for comfort and ON-EAR while many options you talk about are OVER-ears and on-ears usually cause discomfort.
2 very good observations there:
  1. Comfort - I'm just saying that the angle of my ears on my head requires cups that pivot, that's all. Otherwise, I generally find on-ear to be quite comfortable if the clamping pressure is moderate.
  2. What's in my list - Sadly, I've only found one recommendation in this thread for on-ear. All the other recs have been full-sized. I've asked for more on-ear, but I guess they're just not popular here. *shrug*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back