1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by slowpickr, Oct 5, 2016.
First

Back
371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380
382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391
Next

Last
  1. baskingshark
    I haven't found good subbass in most open backed headphones compared to isolating IEMs in general, so maybe I'm an odd duck to make comparisons with as I'm a basshead. Though, I do find details are slightly lacking in most open back cans too due to the lower isolation when it's A/B with multi BA IEMs, but it's probably not a fair comparison between the two transducer types when it's comparing oranges to apples.

2. mbwilson111
    If I continually tried to make any comparisons I would cease to enjoy my music. Whatever I am using (as long as it is not horrible), I just get into my music and enjoy.

3. trellus
    I seem to recall my ZX1 also having a nice, rather large soundstage... but recall that there was someone posting about some bunk ZX1's with different materials behind the driver, perhaps that affects the sound so significantly that it impacts the soundstage, too? (He had one he loved, then bought one for a friend, and that one sounded not nearly as good, and he discovered it was using different damping material.)

baskingshark likes this.
  4. jasswolf
    That's very similar to my experience, which I posted about 5 days ago:

At this point, I'm pretty sure it's just a thin cut of a slightly less dense foam than what's used for the earpads, but would appreciate any insight from yourself and @mbwilson111 if it's something fairly stock standard that I can order online.

5. trellus
    @Slater might have a recommendation on what kind of foam to use (open-cell?) and how you might be able to buy some -- if I had to guess, @mbwilson111 is more like me in not having a lot of experience opening up our headphones. :sweat_smile:

jasswolf likes this.
  6. mbwilson111
    ...as well as having no desire to do so:) I baby all my gear.

trellus likes this.
  7. peter123
    Hmm, that's a tough one. If you like the Q701's they're really great.

Maybe the HE560?

The Thieaudio Phantom looks really interesting as well but I haven't heard it myself. Maybe someone else can say more about them.

8. toodles
    Hi, need some advice for something awfully specific. I'm looking for a wireless...and I mean perfectly wireless ear bud style of headphones--except with wings that go around the entire ear itself. Have a bad history with all manner of earbuds falling out otherwise. RIP to the fallen.

0-30$ is my budget, mainly because I do have higher-end gear already and there's a huuuuge risk that I might lose these. Love realistic, robust and forward-sounding vocals and lush detail, good treble. Ok bass. I play games and listen to podcasts a lot for reference. Noise cancelling and isolating is preferred (have a pair of headphones that you can hear across the room at 5/100 volume...) but I'm not riding on that. I like aliexpress just fine...had amazing luck with my bluedio cans.

9. Slater
    There’s an Aliexpress shop named SoundMates, and he sells a “Fine-Tune Thin Thick Foam” kit, that includes a few different types and thicknesses of tubing foam for headphones.

They work great to fine tune the sound. It can be cut to fit different headphones using scissors.

10. BenF
    True wireless earbuds with realistic and lush sound, ANC and isolation - for 30$?
    You have to either raise the price or lower expectations.

jasswolf likes this.
  11. Kouri
    OneOdio Studio M Wireless is actual rather poor as a wireless headset. Slight hiss whenever Bluetooth is streaming. Mic sounds bad (not sure if hardware or codec) and very limited Bluetooth codec support.

As for sound quality, nothing offended, but nothing stood out. Lows don't dig especially deep, but they don't stomp all over the mids. Nothing remarkable about detail or imaging, but at least the highs aren't fatiguing.

Pads are 95-100mm OD. Haven't checked the ID, but they basically feel like large on-ears to my ears. Swapping to HAS-30 pads makes them comfortably over-ear without a drastic change in sound.

Considering they only cost me $18, I won't fault them too hard on sound, but if I keep them, I'll probably rip out the Bluetooth electronics and rebuild them as a wired pair.

---

As for the GM200, I'm rather fond of the sound now that I'm getting a good seal. Deep bass, detailed highs, mids aren't overly recessed.

Physical issue though. Upper ears are pressing against something. Not yet sure if it's the baffle or wall of the pads, but they're uncomfortable after about an hour. Maybe I'll make a 100mm round adapter and see how they react to my HAS-30 or Brainwavz pads.

slapo likes this.
  12. nraymond
  13. BenF
    Here are some promo codes for Aliexpress on the 11.11 sale:
    List was updated at 5PM Eastern Time, November 12th - they were still active at that time.

30$ off 199$:
    wow1111 - new

20$ off 200$
    Promotion11 - new

15$ off 99$:
    br1111 - new

10$ off 100$:
    FINAL11

8$ off 60$
    agod
    FromChinaParcels
    top2019
    aliradiotech

7$ off 55$
    TTSD7 - new

7$ off 50$
    1111happy
    epnsaleall11
    TTSD7
    SINGLES19
    BUY1111
    pago1111 - new

VCOM7G - new

5$ off 50$

GO11

5$ off 35$
    visa5

2$ off 15$
    VETERANALI
    JAREK1111

Codes are case-sensitive!

You can use these promo codes combined with Select Coupons and store coupons, but not with regular Aliexpress coupons.
    Each code can be used only once per account, after that you will receive this error:
    upload_2019-11-11_19-51-51.png
    This doesn't mean that the promo code has expired - only that you can't use it again (unless you haven't used it yet - then it means that the code has expired).
    Important - just like Aliexpress coupons, these codes can be used on combined order - you can order a 30$ item from one store, and 30$ item from another store - you will be able to use the 8$ off 60$ coupon.

You can purchase the only Pro 82 "synergy" combo still available for sale (not that SMSL Idea is off the shelves):
    Little Bear P10 for 54.5$ ( or 47.5$ after the "7$ off 50$" code) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32882901310.html
    +
    ELE EL-D01 for 15$ (13$ after your "2$ off 10$" coupon) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32846934366.html

Or you can stock on a great amp/dac that works equally well with both Pro 82 and GM200:
    SMSL IQ at the lowest price ever - 94.5$ (86.5$ after the "8$ off 60$" code) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32847472836.htm

More info on the above DACs/Amps here - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...discussion-thread.849965/page-5#post-13501419

And of course:
    Guaranteed Pro 82 v2 for 56.35$ (or 49.35$ after the "7$ off 50$" code) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32808454492.html
    GM200 for 60$ (52$ after the "8$ off 60$" code) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33012705103.html
    If you don't have any coupons or the codes stopped working, you can get 5$ off GM200 by placing order without paying and messaging the seller with the "head-fi" code - she will adjust the price 5$.
    This can't be used together with promo codes/coupons - they are always removed if a seller adjust the price.

Some comparison of frequency response between Pro 82 v2, GM200 and the 1700$ Fostex TH900 MK2:
    upload_2019-11-11_20-9-13.png

More info here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iew-impressions-and-discussion-thread.849965/

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Jumbotron and trellus like this.
  14. Slater
    BGGAR has a YouTube video on it a while back. I suggest you check it out and maybe it will help you decide what to do.

15. nraymond
    Are you talking about his review of the Urbanfun TS1?

AFAIK that's the same as the RBH HP-2, which I have:

https://rbhsound.com/hp2.php

It doesn't look like Urbanfun sells the TS1 anymore, and the Urbanfun 50mm Beryllium headphone I linked to I have never seen before, since it is a metal and wood and looks to be open or semi-openback (i.e. nothing like the closed TS1/HP-2).

First

Back
371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380
382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391
Next

Last