Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jun 2, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #3,842 of 7,153
nice, I have the M1, will have to look at the M2.
I think your notes on the M1 are what encouraged me to get the M2. Cheers. :)

I know it's probably apparent from the pictures, but they're on-ears. However, they're the sort of on ear that cover the whole ear like a pillow and the weight distribution is quite nice.

I'll have to dig up the Koss KSC-75 for comparison, but first impressions say the M2 are better (as they should for almost 5 times as much money).

Jun 2, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #3,843 of 7,153
Jun 2, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #3,844 of 7,153
Jun 2, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #3,846 of 7,153
@slapo Are they 16 ohm or 32 ohm?

Jun 2, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #3,850 of 7,153
I should probably mention a couple of things:
- the cable is a 3.5mm to 3.5mm. However, I tried using a 3.5 'splitter' (really a duplicator... probably not the right term) and both were getting only one channel. I'll try getting a 3.5mm to two monos from Amazon later.
- the brass-looking part that acts as a hinge for the cups arrived a bit scratched. I don't mind as it looks kind of like a patina and I quite like its sound, though.
- the pads smell really funny

Jun 2, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #3,851 of 7,153
Eh, one more thing. I like clean and deep bass, but I prefer focus on mids and treble. Which means that while I think the bass is good and goes fairly deep without feeling compressed, considering the highs are to my likely could mean it's a bit bright to others.

Jun 3, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #3,853 of 7,153
I know this thread is mostly about Chinese headphones that are good bang for the buck headphones. Still I'd like to recommend an asian(Japanese) headphone because it is asian as title of this thread says and good value according to the spirit of this thread. At $300 it is not a budget can but still great value. At $199 I think hifiman he400i awesome but not as good as this...

JVC ha-mx100. I've had these only for two days but for me these are very close to end game performance. Thus the value for money statement. These are not your regular JVC's. These are designed by JVC's Japanese division Victor and more particularly victor recording studios. So it is developed by studio professionals for studio professionals. I have shared my impressions in the thread dedicated to the mx100's little brother mx10 https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new...one-the-ha-mx10-b.560124/page-5#post-14279949

Here is a video where some dude from the Victor studios explains what The headphones are about

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #3,854 of 7,153
IMG_20180603_151414_909.jpg
I spent all weekend with these Kinden, trying out several different pads, and I keep coming back to the Senitek cloth pads. It's interesting because I have been trying to find the right headphones for these pads. They are comfortable and, they look good on pretty much every headphone that I put them on, but they never sounded quite right on anything.
These Kindens have an unusual mid forward emphasis, unlike all my other headphones. They really don't sound like anything else I and own. There's plenty of bass, even a touch of sub-bass..The mids are very present and emphasized and the treble seems to roll off just slightly at the other end. It's not a V shape, definitely, and it's not even a slight U...guitars, vocals, drums are all placed front and center. It takes some getting used to.

Jun 4, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #3,855 of 7,153

I spent all weekend with these Kinden, trying out several different pads, and I keep coming back to the Senitek cloth pads. It's interesting because I have been trying to find the right headphones for these pads. They are comfortable and, they look good on pretty much every headphone that I put them on, but they never sounded quite right on anything.
These Kindens have an unusual mid forward emphasis, unlike all my other headphones. They really don't sound like anything else I and own. There's plenty of bass, even a touch of sub-bass..The mids are very present and emphasized and the treble seems to roll off just slightly at the other end. It's not a V shape, definitely, and it's not even a slight U...guitars, vocals, drums are all placed front and center. It takes some getting used to.

I use those senitek cloth pads on my Roccat Cross which have a similar sound to me. May trying them on the B7's

EDIT, yep, I like them with the senitek cloth pads too. I am not sure if I like them more with the "newer" fenestrated pads or the senitek cloth. They are very, very, very close to each other in sound. The fenestration is doing roughly what the cloth is doing. Difference being the drivers with the fenestrated pads are a touch closer to my ears since they are shallower. It brings up the clarity every so slightly with lesser volume. Really the only difference I can tell between the two in terms of sound as I am typing this out.

Oh and while it doesn't seem like the small hole makes them "open" like other cans, that would be a mistake to think that. If I put my hands over the holes they change the sound signature dramatically. They get very closed in sounding. I have other "open" headphones that barely change their sound when closing them off with my hands.

Also, I have several of each type of Senitek pads. The Hybrid, Pleather, and Cloth are my favorites. Not a fan of their Velours though. Too bad they dropped the hybrids and cloth ones. Last time they put their line up on sale for $8 each I bought 3 of each. I wish I bought 10 of each. Will probably do that if they ever have a sale like that again with their line up.

One last thing on this edit. The roccat cross sound very similar to the B7's but as closed headphones. The senitek cloth pads work wonderfully on them too. They are slightly mid focused but with a touch more bass and a little less airy openess. I really like those roccat cross headphones for what they are.

They are only $55 right now from Amazon, or $50 from one of the other vendors with free s/h.

https://www.amazon.com/ROCCAT-CROSS-Multi-Platform-Over-Ear-Headset/dp/B01MRFS9R0

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back