1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by slowpickr, Oct 5, 2016.
First

Back
235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244
246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255
Next

Last
  1. Roderick
    Those are indeed very comfortable on-ears. Only thing better I've had is porta-pro's with grado foams.

To me comfort is not even the best part of m500. I'm a picky customer and of all the headphones I've had I would rate 5-10% headphones being 5/5 quality products. Kef is one of the few :)

trellus and mbwilson111 like this.
  2. Roderick
    And not that anyone asked but 5/5 headphones in my books are:

- kef m500

- Maxell retro DJ. Those cost about 10€. Less than $15. Quite comfortable on/over ears. Great sound for money. Durable. Aka fa-004, brainwavz hm3 and many others. Most expensive rebranded was by pro-ject sold for about $100. Manufactured by yoga (Taiwan).

- Digitech Pro monitor headphones. Discontinued so kind of irrelevant. I got these for less than 40€ shipped. Aka hm5, fa-003, nvx etc. Also manufactured by yoga. Value for money was out of the roof because 2 sets of hm5 pads cost more than this set. Like any rebrands these had extra set of earpads included. Also these were from the early production run that supposedly sounds better. Bought three for myself and one for my brother.

-hifiman he400. Nothing to complain about. Absolute bargain at $199.

-Sennheiser hd6xxx. I have not heard these but IF these sound like original hd600 at $199 these are definately a 5/5 headphones.

- beevo bv-hm700. Very cheap build quality. Bassy with wide soundstage, especially for on ear headphones. With driver transplant capable of some insane bass. Cost about $7 shipped from aliexpress. Sounds like s good $30 on ear.

VERY close to 5/5 rating
    -stax sr404
    -msur n550
    -renkforce cd340
    -akg k340

trellus likes this.
  3. larry piencenaves
  4. Humblepie
    HD6XX is the HD650 not the HD600 fyi

5. Roderick
    ok, thanks. Still 5/5. Would buy one for myself it wasn't for shipping+customs+taxes. :frowning2:

6. groucho69
    Certainly has a siren quality to it

7. Roderick
    Those Look like takstar pro82 with weird colors.

8. Humblepie
    Yep and if the price had the 1 dropped off the front I would be willing to try them.

9. larry piencenaves

agree, but the drivers inside them is what im looking at

groucho69 likes this.
  10. larry piencenaves

that headphones looks good, but i just want to know if these retro 2 are better

http://www.maxell.com.hk/product/mxh-hp600-retro-dj-ii-3

11. Slater
    I haven't heard that name (or used any of their products since my cassette Walkman days. I wasn't even aware they made headphones (who knows how good they are)...

maxell.jpg

12. Roderick
    Could be. Looks like yoga cd67. Original retro DJ is cd68. Retro 2 has always been quite a bit pricier so I've newer tried those. Original retro is good low budget headphone you can toss around without fear of breaking it but I would not pay much more than $20 for it.

13. peter123
    Fwiw I had the chance to compare the HM3 and the Pro-Ject look a like and they don't sound the same. Interestingly enough the HM3 was the better performer between the two to my ears. The Pro-Ject was more muddy and congested

14. Roderick
    maybe it is because different pads? Pro-ject has a oval earpad opening according to the pictures I saw online.

There was one rebrand that had really nice pads. It was expensive too. I thought it was pro-ject but I was wrong. There's like ten different rebrands :D

15. Markolav
    Im planning to buy cheap chi-fi-headphones for gym usage, ive been using IEMs to this day but they are annoying and break too easily. It would be nice to receive some recommendations.

-No bluetooths
    -Price have to be under 50€
    -Compact size and light weight
    -Relatively tight fit (they have to stay on my head during sets)
    -Good isolation
    -On-ear or over-ear, doesnt really matter
    -Easy to drive
    -Decent sound

Takstar HD6000 looks what im looking for atm.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
First

Back
235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244
246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255
Next

Last