1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by slowpickr, Oct 5, 2016.
First

Back
234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243
245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254
Next

Last
  1. Slater
    The ISK MDH9000 or any of its clones is exactly as you describe - v shape, good mids, good imaging, excellent soundstage for a closed can:

Stellar Labs HC-5985
    Marantz MPH-2
    Freeboss MDH9000
    LyxPro HAS-30
    Akai Professional Project 50X

They are all identical except for the Akai, which is significantly cheaper ($24.99 on Amazon) but has different (garbage) pads. The solution is to swap the pads for the6 LyxPro HAS-30 ear pads ($6 on Amazon). Then the Akai becomes the "same" as the the clones, at a total cost of $30.99.

jux Tpose, 33na3rd, trellus and 2 others like this.
  2. groucho69
    This??? https://www.englishtaobao.net/product/548458095927/

3. Markolav
    Oneodio Studio Pro is also a decent choice. It has a quite V-shaped sound and i think that they have better soundstage than average closed backs. I dont know how they compare to MDH9000 but their owners have said here that they are somehow similar sounding, Oneodio just sounds a bit warmer and colored.

Im actually using them right now and i played some games with them a moment ago and i think they do a decent job in casual gaming. If youre playing more competitive games i would look for something more accurate sounding.

4. Slater
    Yes, if you’re into hardcore competitive/professional-level gaming, you’re not going to want to look at something a lot more than $50.

5. Lurk650
    I can vouch for the HAS-30 rec. Used to also use them when gaming on Xbox. They are very good for that as well.

6. audionab
    i see akai as a decent choice however i want earpads which won't make my ears hot and sweaty because in summers temperatures exceed 40 degree celcius
    what earpad material would be suitable for me?

7. Cruelhand Luke
    If you don't need the isolation of a closed back headphone I would recommend the Superlux HD681 with HM5 Hybrid pads. I have those and the Akai 50X ...
    they are similar in cost and value, just in different ways. If you want a more 'hi-fi', detailed sound, with good soundstage and imaging I would get the Superlux. They also fit me much better, the Akai are better for people with larger heads. EDIT the superlux will be much cooler in hot climates.
    The Akai are better at isolation, because of their closed backs. Consequently they also have deeper bass extension...any genre of music that is bass heavy makes these very enjoyable.
    Both are good choices, it's a matter of taste. The Akai is definitely more V shaped, making it a very fun listen, but Superlux 681 is a more accurate detailed sound.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  8. mbwilson111
    Wow... that is hot! Have you considered good buds for that situation?

9. audionab
    i do have dead rose north forest
    sony xb30ex and panasonic rp-tcm125
    these all are good enough for me

i would seek reward points for rose north forest from penon and get kz zsr

10. mbwilson111
    Those are all IEMs, not buds. I was thinking a bud might be good for gaming...I know some in the bud thread talk about gaming with them. There are some excellent choices these days. I am just learning about them.

11. audionab
    my bad
    i will look into it but i still want an over ear cans though

12. mbwilson111
    Of course ... you should have a nice over ear headphone. I was just thinking about that heat! I literally would not survive. I start to suffer around 26C.

In the winter I keep my house about 17 or 18C. I like it like that. That is what cozy warm clothing is for:)

13. Slater
    You may want to consider on ear vs over ear. On ears don't heat up your ears/head as bad, since the whole ear isn't surrounded by a pad. There are options for good on ears too.

14. audionab
    i have tried on ear cans and i didn't like their fit at all compared to over ear

Slater and mbwilson111 like this.
  15. Pharmaboy
    The Oneodio's (formerly known as Yenona Adapter-Free DJ Headphones) are an unpredictable design. Exactly the opposite of what you describe happened to me w/the Yenona's:
    • After I burned them in ~125 hrs & began listening, I thought I'd found a really good-sounding, inexpensive design. They were comfortable & had a really nice, somewhat warm, bassy sound. I posted a favorable review on them here.
    • A couple months later (listening to them occasionally in that time), the Yenona's started sounding brighter. Eventually they sounded much brighter than they had at the start, I'm stillmystified by this development...never had it happen w/any other HP
    • That began a painful 1-2 months of pad-swapping, w/ & w/o fabric inserts of various kinds. I kept trying various combinations to recover that non-bright sound I liked...but nothing worked
    • Suddenly a new pair of stock Yenona earpads arrived in the mail. Months earlier I'd contacted Yenona & told them how much I liked their headphone. Sending me new earpads was their reply (a nice surprise). These new stock pads were slightly different: the earlier ones were pretty deep, comfy, all-black; the new stock pads were ~1/8" less deep & had red stitching around
    After putting on these new pads, the sound improved, getting back to 80-90% of original. I now use the Yenona's only w/some gentle EQ via Foobar.

trellus likes this.
First

Back
234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243
245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254
Next

Last