Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Jan 13, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #2,911 of 7,153
Excellent post. You have just 9 posts here?

I don't own this headphone, but the mod is really interesting anyway. It seems logical & easy.

Haha ya only 9 and almost all of those this week despite my account being nearly 7 years old. I'm new to headphones as a hobby. Really only used head-fi a few times a year when making a purchase or giving someone advice. I did a lot of 2 channel and home theater systems as part of my job and was missing playing around with audio. Headphones seemed like a good relatively cheap(ish?) way to get back into audio without dealing with massive boxes and storage issues. Besides I spend most of the day on the PC now so it gives me a chance to listen to them. :)

Jan 13, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #2,912 of 7,153
Re "Headphones seemed like a good relatively cheap(ish?) way to get back into audio without dealing with massive boxes and storage issues."

Well, you're 1/2 right!

Our "headphones origin stories" are somewhat comparable: years ago I had big speakers, tube amps, preamps, TT, all this stuff in the living room. Moved to a different house w/different style LR...all that stuff is still in the closet. I never stop listening to music, ever; and work w/PCs in home office--so over past decade my desktop audio system got bigger/better. And starting 2 yrs ago, it began to include headphones & amps:
  • Like any addiction, it started w/low (inexpensive) doses: early HPs were Fidelio X2s & Marantz MPH-2s; DAC/amp was Fiio E10K.
  • 2 years later & I'm turning into a fiend...4-5 amps, 3-4 headphones, need a tube amp. Somehow $1K pricing is starting to look "kinda reasonable, considering the quality of ."
There's no treatment program for it. Plus I totally understand it's not a disease, but a "moral failing" (heh, heh).

(enjoyed your post)

Jan 14, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #2,913 of 7,153
Is anyone here still listening to the Lasmex L-85? Sound impressions? Worth the $$?

(thanks)
I'd like to hear back from someone with the Lasmex as well, I'm still curious about them.

Jan 14, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #2,914 of 7,153
I'd like to hear back from someone with the Lasmex as well, I'm still curious about them.
Wish I still had them. They were very nice. Super comfy.

From what I remember, good punchy bass, a little forwards mids and crystalline highs. Not super wide stage but wide enough and airy enough sound thanks to the open back

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #2,915 of 7,153
It seems that the Bosshifi / BLON B8 is just a rebranding if one searches on Taobao. There seem to be a range of headphones from different sellers are different price points and package included also varies. No idea if the drivers are even the same though.

The interesting part is I came across a listing by webshop of the IEM maker Musicmaker / Toneking ( that of the NineTails IEM fame ), they apparently have a headphone in the B8 shell and frame that comes with dual drivers. And 2 different configurations to choose from. One in 34 Ohm the other in 150Ohm.

I couldn't find any similar listing on Aliexpress, has anyone here ??

Jan 20, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #2,916 of 7,153
i tried the mod for the bosshifi b8 + with the stock velour pads from my isk 2010, it sounds more trebly but good treble, kinda harsh sometimes maybe because the filter on the isk pads are relatively thinner, but overall i like the sound, tho the soundstage i cant feel huge improvement, it increased a little but i can't really tell yet. maybe the velour doesn't really work on the b8, ill change back to the original pads and see if it improves.

edit:installed back the original pads, i think the noticeable improvement is the imaging, bass is lessened but still rumbles and still there when it needs it to be, soundstage, i cant really tell if there's a difference but this mod really do improve the b8.

Attachments

• P_20180120_153444_SRES.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • P_20180120_152328_SRES.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #2,917 of 7,153
I really like the Senitek hybrid pads on my HD681...the pads combined with some simple mods make this a really enjoyable headphone. The pads are on sale right now for about $8.00 which is an absolute steal...they will be back up around $15.00 before you know it.
IMG_20180102_175505_552 (1).jpg
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071P4T7Q...c=1&coliid=I3HYJWDVMI6ORC&colid=1UL2BBD8Y4EZF

Jan 21, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #2,918 of 7,153
I didn't take a picture, but the Senitek pads fit the Akai 50X perfectly. I have the Lyxpro Has 30 pads, (the same pads as all the other clones came with stock) and I have to be honest, I actually like the hybrids better. I didn't do a lot of a/b testing, but it seemed pretty obvious that with the hybrid pads the mids are a lot better, vocals sound much more natural. The difference isn't huge, but it's noticeable...with the stock pads it has a sort of echoey/hollow/un-natural sound to vocals (for example) the hybrids give a more natural realistic sound.

Jan 21, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #2,919 of 7,153
I used to use Hybrid Ovals from BW on my HAS-30 and switched to Leather Rounds and noticed a definite increase in bass which made my gaming a lot better

Jan 21, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #2,920 of 7,153
I used to use Hybrid Ovals from BW on my HAS-30 and switched to Leather Rounds and noticed a definite increase in bass which made my gaming a lot better
as i said, I didn't do a lot of testing, I was specifically trying to hear what it did to the vocal range, since it's something that kind of annoys me about them. The bass did seem decreased a bit, but they still are probably my most bass heavy can, even with the hybrids on. For me they made the sound a little more cohesive.

Jan 21, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #2,921 of 7,153
as i said, I didn't do a lot of testing, I was specifically trying to hear what it did to the vocal range, since it's something that kind of annoys me about them. The bass did seem decreased a bit, but they still are probably my most bass heavy can, even with the hybrids on. For me they made the sound a little more cohesive.
Yeah I don't notice vocals too much since I just use them for gaming.

My Beyer Amiron should be here tomorrow and I'm thinking my 400i will go on the sale block.

Jan 23, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #2,922 of 7,153
I really like the Senitek hybrid pads on my HD681...the pads combined with some simple mods make this a really enjoyable headphone. The pads are on sale right now for about $8.00 which is an absolute steal...they will be back up around $15.00 before you know it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071P4T7Q...c=1&coliid=I3HYJWDVMI6ORC&colid=1UL2BBD8Y4EZF

Thanks, had them in my list for a while, wished i would have seen it 2 days ago, but $10 still isn't bad. Picked up the cloth ones as well for $7 just to have options since I already have the full leather experience. The leather stock Marantz MP2 ones get warm so looking forward to something that breaths a little at the expense of a little bass loss.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #2,924 of 7,153
Hey! I got the Superlux 681 and I quite enjoy them.
Yet, I feel tempted sometimes to go for something.. Pricey (at least for me), like the Fidelio L2.
Talking about sound quality only, is the Fidelio L2 worth the huge price difference? Or it won't really be a big upgrade?
Also, can you link me any good pad for the 681 on aliexpress if you use that website? I don' live in the US so I can't order the ones you suggested :/

Thanks a lot!

Jan 25, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #2,925 of 7,153
Hey! I got the Superlux 681 and I quite enjoy them.
Yet, I feel tempted sometimes to go for something.. Pricey (at least for me), like the Fidelio L2.
Talking about sound quality only, is the Fidelio L2 worth the huge price difference? Or it won't really be a big upgrade?
Also, can you link me any good pad for the 681 on aliexpress if you use that website? I don' live in the US so I can't order the ones you suggested :/

Thanks a lot!

Why not the Fidelio X2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back