Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #35,461 of 35,472

Doing the same tbh though i will still read, its kinda fun lol. Don't have the unlimited budget like most of the geeks here. If i dont like **** then my only option would be be safe and just buy piston 2 used from a user here in this forum and thats it lol, until there is iem ULTIMATE HYPE priced 20 compares with 600usd iems lolololol.

And even some of us wh might have an extended budget choose not to because of our perceived value and how close some of the budget items fall in line with that. 

BTW I just bought the KZ ZTS so take that 123. 

Sep 19, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #35,462 of 35,472

It could also significantly depend on the source. If the person is using a source that is barely able to drive the headphone, putting a lower resistance cable might allow the IEM to finally work the way it's supposed to. 

IMHO if you're hearing drastic differences between IEMs based on the cable, either the rest of your setup has issues, or it's all in your head.....so to speak. :)

True, a lower resistance might help, but that would occur in only a couple cases, no? The IEM would have to have already been barely in the "cannot drive" zone for a 0.5-0.7ohm resistance change to suddenly allow it be driven correctly.

Sep 19, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #35,466 of 35,472
Do you really want me to leave? Are you serious mate?

Of course not Oz but I sure could not pass up that opportunity
wink_face.gif
beerchug.gif

Sep 19, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #35,469 of 35,472
@Hisoundfi it's not just talking about people, but instigators like Cinder with comments saying "I don't believe you" and dismissing a comment about gear, like they are the formative authority on all things sound. He also had one of the only dissenting opinions on the 4in1, but continues to comment like now the hype train is dead because he and two others didn't like the 4in1. It's passive aggressive behavior and in some levels disrespectful. It's not just him. It's others too. Passive aggression disguised as opinion and comment. We need to chill. Have a bit more positive outlooks, and quit dismissing the contributions of others.

Sep 19, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #35,471 of 35,472
[Mod Comment]

You'll notice that the thread has been locked.  Most of you will know why. In the last couple of days it has degenerated into a lot of off-topic bickering, with virtually no mutual respect to each other. This has to stop.

I've given 123audio a little breather from the thread, but I want to point out that this is not a punishment, just a chance to reflect and rethink what is going on.  If I was punishing the protagonists, then 1/2 a dozen or so posters would be taking an enforced break. He'll be allowed access again at a later date. When this happens - he starts with a new slate.  I expect you to be civil.

Now please take time to read the posting guidelines - http://www.head-fi.org/a/posting-guidelines

And from this point on:
  • Remember that everyone has a right to an opinion.  Just because it may differ with yours does not mean you can discount it, and that you are automatically right. Stepping into others shoes is recommended from time to time.
  • Respect is a two way street.  Don't expect to be given it if you don't give it yourself
  • If you find debate becoming heated - it is time to step away from the keyboard.  Take stock of what is going on.  it could be YOU who is the protagonist
  • Reviews are opinions. Unless we are talking about indisputable facts (eg comparative sensitivity between two IEMs), then it is an opinion - and that is subjective. Choose which reviewers you want to follow - but lets not be putting others down.
  • The rules are clear.  Learn them.  Just because someone is being disruptive does not give you the right to put the "sheriff's badge" on and start administering vigilante justice.  If you see something wrong - report it - AND DO NOT POST/REPLY if it will make matters worse.
  • Stick to the thread subject

The thread is going stay closed for the rest of the day to give everyone a chance to reflect on their own individual actions.  I'll open it again at some stage tomorrow.

Finally - my advice for any post you see as annoying.  Try reading it again with a smile both on your face and in your voice. 9/10 times this will change your perspective.  I find it helps.

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #35,472 of 35,472
Had another discussion with the Mods - this thread has outlived its purpose, so you have a brand new clean and tidy one right here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/820747/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-portable-headphones-and-iems

Enjoy & please keep it civil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back