Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #34,966 of 35,472

have to say you can buy blindly from the empire ears lineup. all sounds good lol. but it will damage your wallet.

Sorry guys ...can't take all this BS ! @Audio123....Me is done with your BS !

u seem to be doubting the established empire ears lineup 
blink.gif

the zeus r will redefine sound to u.
wink.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #34,969 of 35,472

But still nothing beat Empire ......Katana ....so follow the cheerleader ....buy TOTL ( deliberate pun 
evil_smiley.gif
)

@ClintonL....seriuosly ....Have not heard those TOTL ,,,,cuz if I have heard or own one of those Empire  ..me would be out in the street rocking one of those TOTL in me ears with a Fiio M3 and begging for food while pleasuring my auditory senses ...so if you are here for suggestions ...best state your sound signature preference ....what IEM you have used and like what about them .....music genre ...whether you are sensitive to high treble or bass ...dont go buying an Empire ....it's dangerous here for your wallet if you just buy blindly ....cheers
deadhorse.gif

Hey i've used yamaha eph100/xiaomi piston 2.1's/brainwavz b2. I prefer a clean/balanced sound signature. Not sensitive to anything and i'll mostly be listening to trance and vocal trance.Have noted the havi's thanks.

Cheers

Sep 16, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #34,971 of 35,472
  this is why save up and buy a TOTL iem instead of having many pairs of budget iems.
this hobby will come to an end partially but then, i am still curious on the budget and mid tier iems even tho i have some TOTL iems, hence buy them occasionally lol

This philosophy doesn't make much sense to me bro.  Kind of like wanting to try Fords or Toyotas when you already have a Ferrari in your garage.  JMHO
wink.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #34,972 of 35,472

the legendary havi b3 pro 1 which is hyped and actually live up to its hype lol

cool.gif
Be forewarned, the Havi although VERY good, are insanely hard to drive, which is why they didn't survive my cut.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 16, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #34,974 of 35,472

cool.gif
Be forewarned, the Havi although VERY good, are insanely hard to drive, which is why they didn't survive my cut.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

very true but with a DAP, its good.
Car analogies just don't work on head-fi. People keep trying, and it never really pans out.

true that its never ending

Sep 16, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #34,975 of 35,472
I still miss my Superfi 5. It was a great sounding balance armature IEM. I wonder if **** 4in1 sounds similar or comes close in sound signature.

Sep 16, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #34,976 of 35,472
Car analogies just don't work on head-fi. People keep trying, and it never really pans out.

Ok, No... More... Car analogies.

Sep 16, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #34,977 of 35,472
I still miss my Superfi 5. It was a great sounding balance armature IEM. I wonder if **** 4in1 sounds similar or comes close in sound signature.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears-Pro-White-Discontinued/dp/B0009Q4PH4
this?

Sep 16, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #34,978 of 35,472

this is why save up and buy a TOTL iem instead of having many pairs of budget iems.
this hobby will come to an end partially but then, i am still curious on the budget and mid tier iems even tho i have some TOTL iems, hence buy them occasionally lol

I see no point in trying cheap stuff if you have some expensive ones from bigger and well known brands. I bought so many cheap IEMs this year and none has been able to satisfy my expectations. That's why I'm staying away from latest hypes and waiting to read some reviews from trusted head-fiers which their tastes are similar to mine. For ex. **** 4in1 is the latest hype here but noone has written any review yet.

There is a place for cheap stuff. Many of us don't need to listen to TOTL all of the time. Having a disposable IEM is a nice thing. During the winter I have a spare in every jacket - just in case.  Also, for certain kinds of music - some of the music that I love and is poorly recorded - a cheap KZ is fine! Take the KZ HDS1 for example. Tiny and really -- very decent sound for some of the stuff I listen to, and very comfortable to wear.

Sep 16, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #34,979 of 35,472
  Hey i've used yamaha eph100/xiaomi piston 2.1's/brainwavz b2. I prefer a clean/balanced sound signature. Not sensitive to anything and i'll mostly be listening to trance and vocal trance.Have noted the havi's thanks.

Cheers

Maybe you should try LG Quadbeat 3 tuned by AKG ...have been using them for 3 weeks ( loaner from friend) ....check out the thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/764618/lg-quadbeat-3-impressions-thread/315 
wink_face.gif

Read the thread and decide for yourself ....reviews are helpful and dont blame others when the review are not up to your expectations ......cheerleaders are aplenty here with ....but for me ...my purchase of any audio gears are my responsiblity and my own judgement ....unike someone who own TOTL gears but blame review made by one established member of Chinese thread for sub USD100 IEM..enuf said

BTW LQ QD3 tuned by AKG is below USD 40 iirc ...and if you have good powered DAP or decent amp like Topping NX1 ( another cheapo good amp) then maybe you can take a serious look at Havi B3 Pro 1 ( below USD100 for B3 + NX1)

Sep 16, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #34,980 of 35,472

There is a place for cheap stuff. Many of us don't need to listen to TOTL all of the time. Having a disposable IEM is a nice thing. During the winter I have a spare in every jacket - just in case.  Also, for certain kinds of music - some of the music that I love and is poorly recorded - a cheap KZ is fine! Take the KZ HDS1 for example. Tiny and really -- very decent sound for some of the stuff I listen to, and very comfortable to wear.

very true unless u r really very particular!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back