Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #34,952 of 35,472
  You are right, "Cheerleader(s)" indeed, is a better term. There are few members (I don't want to name them, regular readers of these threads should have an idea) over the last year or so, doing it more frequently/blatantly that it looks so obvious. Hopefully, these recent flop shows (of both high priced and midpriced products) will make those gullible headfiers more vigilant in their future buying decisions.

best is to buy TOTL iems and you are safe.
Empire Ears Zeus R, Campfire Audio Andromeda, HUM Pristine, Vision Ears 6, Noble Katana etc.

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #34,953 of 35,472
  Some brand "cheerleaders" can still be somewhat objective. I think it's pretty clear I'm a huge fan of KZ. That said won't hype up or lie about crap KZs like the HDS2/3 or those that I love but are good but flawed, like the ED4 and Z1. Brand cheerleaders that love each and every earphone that comes out of the brand, and list next to no negatives, are the ones to watch out for imo.

The thing is they don't even have brand loyalty. Some of them hype a item because they receive it for free.

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #34,957 of 35,472

Not everyone has means to do it. So when people compare iems to TOTL iems they will fall for cheap iems.

this is why save up and buy a TOTL iem instead of having many pairs of budget iems.
this hobby will come to an end partially but then, i am still curious on the budget and mid tier iems even tho i have some TOTL iems, hence buy them occasionally lol

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #34,960 of 35,472
this is why save up and buy a TOTL iem instead of having many pairs of budget iems.
this hobby will come to an end partially but then, i am still curious on the budget and mid tier iems even tho i have some TOTL iems, hence buy them occasionally lol

I see no point in trying cheap stuff if you have some expensive ones from bigger and well known brands. I bought so many cheap IEMs this year and none has been able to satisfy my expectations. That's why I'm staying away from latest hypes and waiting to read some reviews from trusted head-fiers which their tastes are similar to mine. For ex. **** 4in1 is the latest hype here but noone has written any review yet.

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #34,961 of 35,472
I see no point in trying cheap stuff if you have some expensive ones from bigger and well known brands. I bought so many cheap IEMs this year and none has been able to satisfy my expectations. That's why I'm staying away from latest hypes and waiting to read some reviews from trusted head-fiers which their tastes are similar to mine. For ex. **** 4in1 is the latest hype here but noone has written any review yet.

u made a point though but even tho i have some really good iems, i still use back my havi b3 pro 1 as that iem helps me to have a good reference point. does that mean u r eyeing for a totl now?

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #34,962 of 35,472
​​

Looking for an IEM around $100. Is any option here better than the zero audio tenores?

best is to buy TOTL iems and you are safe.
Empire Ears Zeus R, Campfire Audio Andromeda, HUM Pristine, Vision Ears 6, Noble Katana etc.

the legendary havi b3 pro 1 which is hyped and actually live up to its hype lol

But still nothing beat Empire ......Katana ....so follow the cheerleader ....buy TOTL ( deliberate pun 
evil_smiley.gif
)

@ClintonL....seriuosly ....Have not heard those TOTL ,,,,cuz if I have heard or own one of those Empire  ..me would be out in the street rocking one of those TOTL in me ears with a Fiio M3 and begging for food while pleasuring my auditory senses ...so if you are here for suggestions ...best state your sound signature preference ....what IEM you have used and like what about them .....music genre ...whether you are sensitive to high treble or bass ...dont go buying an Empire ....it's dangerous here for your wallet if you just buy blindly ....cheers
deadhorse.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #34,963 of 35,472

But still nothing beat Empire ......Katana ....so follow the cheerleader ....buy TOTL ( deliberate pun 
evil_smiley.gif
)

@ClintonL....seriuosly ....Have not heard those TOTL ,,,,cuz if I have heard or own one of those Empire  ..me would be out in the street rocking one of those TOTL in me ears with a Fiio M3 and begging for food while pleasuring my auditory senses ...so if you are here for suggestions ...best state your sound signature preference ....what IEM you have used and like what about them .....music genre ...whether you are sensitive to high treble or bass ...dont go buying an Empire ....it's dangerous here for your wallet if you just buy blindly ....cheers
deadhorse.gif

This (bolded parts) made me chuckle so hard. Great one, Massa Wokei!
k701smile.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #34,964 of 35,472

evil_smiley.gif
)

deadhorse.gif

have to say you can buy blindly from the empire ears lineup. all sounds good lol. but it will damage your wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back