Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #29,914 of 35,472
  I've been really enjoying these Magaosi (HLSX) G29 model. I think there is only one seller on Aliexpress (and I don't look at Taobao or anything requiring Google Translate). For those of you who talk to the maker ( @1clearhead ?), ask about this single dynamic IEM. While on a technical sound quality level, it is just a tiny bit behind the HLSX 808, I think more people would enjory the sound signature of this. With about 25 hours burn in, it is most similar to the VJJB K4, which has been top of my sub $20 range for a good while. The main sonic difference is that while the VJJB K4 is V-shaped, the G29 (and I'm assuming by the single seller that this is the right model name) pushes the mids up to warm balanced, with good extension and details on both bass and treble. It is also pretty similar to the Tennmak Pro, but with a bit better subbass extension. It would easily be my #1 beater IEM to carry around if it had a microphone on it.

Hmm you have me interested in these now. Regulars in this thread will probably know I am a huge fan of the VJJB K4 and I also love my Tenmak Piano which is said to be similar to the Pro so these could be ideal for me.

Jun 22, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #29,916 of 35,472
I repeat: I have no clue why he was banned. Does anyone knows the reason ?

Probably best not to talk about it as the QT5 thread has been locked due the discussion and I'd be shattered if this one was too!

Jun 22, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #29,917 of 35,472
Probably best not to talk about it as the QT5 thread has been locked due the discussion and I'd be shattered if this one was too!

Yeah, D2 thread is locked as well. I know the reason though.

Jun 22, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #29,919 of 35,472
  What are the tonal differences between the T1 non-E and T1E?

When I was doing some research, I found nothing but that the E version is the bassy one and that the non-E version is the more balanced IEM out of the two.

Yeah, I would say I still pretty much like the T1 non-E for non-critical listening on the go. It's got a moderate fun but non-overdone v-shape signature with a relatively good soundstage. Bass mainly focuses on the midbass and lower + middle root, making the lower end appear somewhat warm and nicely smooth. And they're forward by just 4-5 dB in comparison to a really flat IEM like the Etymotic ER-4S (sometimes though, the bass can appear as if it had 1-2 dB more impact as it is not the quickest decaying, adding a nice body to the sound).
There are two peaks in the treble, giving the sound a typical v-appearance. Though, the highs are very slightly more forward than the bass, so imho, 1 or even 2 dB less level would have been ideal to make a treble that perfectly balances out the bass.

I find the T1-E to be a bit L shaped; deep controlled bass with natural mids and highs. I love the sound signature and soundstage.
Their only downfall is that they are not as detailed as I would like them to be.

Jun 22, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #29,920 of 35,472
I find the T1-E to be a bit L shaped; deep controlled bass with natural mids and highs. I love the sound signature and soundstage.
Their only downfall is that they are not as detailed as I would like them to be.

Wanna more details please try with TFZ series 1, actually the TFZ IEMs is under TTPod team designer

Jun 22, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #29,921 of 35,472
25A4C302-8A0D-4D7C-B077-AE2CB8072F7A_zpspiy6igkg.jpg

The designer team is from TTpod.
TTpod has stopped their IEM line since last year. So their former designers came out with a new brand named TFZ (The Fragrant Zither).

Jun 22, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #29,924 of 35,472
6 unit Pro thread too.  [COLOR=3C3C3C]I[/COLOR][COLOR=0C0C0C] [/COLOR]do not know what is happening :confused_face_2:  
Paul seriously broke the rules so they gotta investigate his posts I guess

Jun 22, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #29,925 of 35,472

How would you compare the Shozy Zero to the more V-shaped DQSM D2?
I'm a sucker for neutral/balanced sound + Subbass (Fidelio S1, TTPod T1-E, Zero Audio Tenore).
I'm looking to upgrade my Fidelio S1, and after reading your and Peter123s reviews I'm still in doubt.
The DQSM D2 seems to be the technical more capable version; more details, beter soundstage, better instrument separation. Like Peter said; a potential end game.
However, after reading your and peters review, the Shozy Zero seems to be right up my ally, but if its not as capable as the DQSM D2, it may not be an end game IEM (which I definitely need for a while for financial sake :p).
Is the DQSM D2 that many tiers above the Sozy Zero?

Wanna more details please try with TFZ series 1, actually the TFZ IEMs is under TTPod team designer

Thanks for the recommendation! However, It is not socially accepted to wear "custom" style iems at my workplace :p
"Normal" iems look casual and are easily and quickly pulled out when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back