Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #28,202 of 35,472

At least I didn't call him a son of a mmcx
wink.gif

LMAO! That's brilliant. 

May 22, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #28,203 of 35,472

I made a 4 am purchase the other night.

Quad driver hybrid, one dynamic and three balanced armature driver. After a good experience with the easy ue2 and a few beers and credit card later, i decided(********) to get this.

And its already shipped, i am feeling a little weird about spending over 150 bucks on a chinese iem which isnt exactly has been getting some rev.

But this looked gorgeous from all the ugly headphones out there so i was like meehhhh.

Atleast they dont use the shure name anymore but still why not call it the EE846?

Waiting for your impressions.
I'd like to try one of these high priced chinese iem and I have to decide between this hybrid from Easy and the 5 BA from HCK.

May 22, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #28,206 of 35,472
Pulled the trigger on the iSK HP-2011s. 
Some seller on Taobao has iSK items dirt cheap. 
I hope they don't disappoint me.

How much did you pay? Do you have a link? Looking forward to your impressions!

May 22, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #28,207 of 35,472
I received the HLSX-808 and the KZ HDS1 this Friday due to some miscommunication between USPS, Easy, and I (I sorta got them for free and promised to review them for Easy because I felt/feel bad).

I'm not gonna be too in depth with them right now as the HLSX-808 have only 20 hours of burn in and I need some rest but...

HLSX-808 Impressions:

I've been primarily using these this weekend even though I liked the initial sound of the KZ HDS1 better because of the hype. The sound of the HLSX-808 is somewhat mid bass heavy, a little mid-range recessed, and treble is well extended and airy, but occasionally uncomfortably sharp. Soundstage is pretty wide but not as 3 dimensional.

I've enjoyed it a ton for listening to old badly recorded music because well extended emphasized treble compensates well for the lacking amount of treble in the recordings. Listening to David Bowie and Elton John has been wonderful with the HLSX-808. For better recorded music cymbals became sensitive and piercing to my ears.

KZ HDS1 Impressions:
Opposite of the HLSX-808, it's treble it recessed and cut off, it's mids are warm and nice, and bass is present but doesn't extend deep. I like this, but the treble is too recessed and some music simply lacks detail.

In all fairness I never gave the Kz a chance and should probably burn them in more so that's what I'll do and update and review both of these budget "gems" later.

May 22, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #28,208 of 35,472
Suggestion for the next DIY.

Hello Rose, 
biggrin.gif

Unique Melody is proud to introduce the newest member of our lineup - The Martian!

The Martian is our very first UNIVERSAL ONLY model and features a 4 bore design with 2 dynamic drivers and 2 balanced armature drivers in a 2 DD low, 1 BA mid, and 1 BA high configuration.
The Martian will come at the price of 700USD!

May 22, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #28,209 of 35,472
May 22, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #28,211 of 35,472
I'm not gonna be too in depth with them right now as the HLSX-808 have only 20 hours of burn in and I need some rest but...

HLSX-808 Impressions:

I've been primarily using these this weekend even though I liked the initial sound of the KZ HDS1 better because of the hype. The sound of the HLSX-808 is somewhat mid bass heavy, a little mid-range recessed, and treble is well extended and airy, but occasionally uncomfortably sharp. Soundstage is pretty wide but not as 3 dimensional.

I've enjoyed it a ton for listening to old badly recorded music because well extended emphasized treble compensates well for the lacking amount of treble in the recordings. Listening to David Bowie and Elton John has been wonderful with the HLSX-808. For better recorded music cymbals became sensitive and piercing to my ears.

Thanks for sharing, I've had the same experience. Which version of the 808s did you get?
I left mine to burn in for a few days, I'll test them out soon again after some proper tip rolling.

May 22, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #28,212 of 35,472
sounds goodd... i saw in your pic, they also have a chin slider right?

i use jlabs only. how much max time to "burn in" in a day? 5hours/day?

Yes chin slider

Burn in time per day is up to you. Some people do a few hours, I personally just keep going and going. JLab also has breaks in its track which probably helps. I also burn in at a medium low to medium volume

May 22, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #28,214 of 35,472
May 22, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #28,215 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back