Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #27,121 of 35,472
MusicMaker's products have been getting great feedback for the most part, but I'm expecting it to have a typical microdriver sound; bright signature with great treble extension, a little on the thin side. Likely with boosted bass to relate to the signature of their other earphones. Slightly recessed mids.

I'm keeping my expectations neutral. If it's as good as the JVC FRD60/80 series I'll be content.

You my friend need to hear the Aurisonics Rockets to see how versatile the microdriver can be.

From one microdriver lover to another :wink:

May 9, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #27,122 of 35,472
You my friend need to hear the Aurisonics Rockets to see how versatile the microdriver can be.

From one microdriver lover to another :wink:

I would love to hear the Rockets. Been following those pretty much since release :D The build quality and durability are very appealing as well.

If you haven't already, you should check out the FXH30. Would still be my fav earphone had I not picked up a pricy (to me) hybrid that luckily nailed one of my preferred signatures.

May 9, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #27,124 of 35,472
The Joyroom E107 are micro driver and probably do have slightly recessed mids but they are still my favourite IEM. The speed and resolution are just stunning

They certainly sound like a great earphone, and I haven't heard a single negative thing about them. Recessed mids aren't an issue IMO if they're done well and aren't pulled back so far that they're completely overshadowed (like on the Sony XB50 for example).

May 9, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #27,126 of 35,472
  Would still be my fav earphone had I not picked up a pricy (to me) hybrid that luckily nailed one of my preferred signatures.

And what hybrid are You talking about?

HLSX--808

Straight plugs are a little worrying though... Especially in your player is in your jeans pocket and you sit down...

I don`t like straight plugs too but will change cable anyway and will probably open them up to make some wood modifications and take some pics from inner-life :wink: ...once I get them.

May 9, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #27,127 of 35,472
I would love to hear the Rockets. Been following those pretty much since release
biggrin.gif
The build quality and durability are very appealing as well.

If you haven't already, you should check out the FXH30. Would still be my fav earphone had I not picked up a pricy (to me) hybrid that luckily nailed one of my preferred signatures.

I do not have the FXH30 yet but it's on my short list. Seems a bit troublesome to get over here but I'll keep looking 
beerchug.gif

May 9, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #27,128 of 35,472
  That's funny about the Pro 80. I just got the Cloud II for my XBOX One a couple weeks ago, paired it with my Astro Mixamp and the sound is amazing. Doing so much better in Rainbow Six Siege now lol. Just listened to them via my portable, not too bad, a bit bright (vocal wise) but they don't have much burn in, maybe 50-75 gaming hours

Pretty ridiculous we can't direct link to AE now

I have an iBasso D14 for my dedicated but going through all my IEMs again with the X1 (plus E12) and everything sounds much better than my old iPod. Much cleaner sound. Even these DIY IE800 2015 I got from Easy for $13 sound better than I remember (I can actually hear the V-Shaped sound sig now that I've had more experience with earphones)

So you got an X1 instead.. how was it? my Xduoo X3 now a lost cause awaiting AE to refund, im thinking of just getting an X1 to pair with my Q1 amp, hopefully its size is compatible.. the M3 is great for its prize and super portable as its damn small, but i now pair it with my equally small Hippo Tile amp..
Got an incoming MusicMaker Ting too.. cant wait. 

May 9, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #27,132 of 35,472

So you got an X1 instead.. how was it? my Xduoo X3 now a lost cause awaiting AE to refund, im thinking of just getting an X1 to pair with my Q1 amp, hopefully its size is compatible..

X1 has a very good line out, heaphone out is different from X3, warmer, less spacious, better with vocals.

May 9, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #27,133 of 35,472
Also interested in the UEs. Can you please post more impressions on them vs the Titan 5 when you get a chance, thanks!

Sure! But that will take a while though. Sending my Titan 5 for RMA, the right side is cutting out so often, it's irritating. Woes of using non-standard mmcx. 

I changed to the Fiio replacement cable and hear slightly better treble extension and better micro details. Without the annoying memory wire of the original cable. 

Weird thing is that I don't suppose the Easy UEs are meant to be fitted very deeply into the ears. I tried the smallest tips that came with it and saw that the metal mesh is very near to the tip of the ear tips and the sound was just in your face and harsh. Then I tried it with the spin fit tips and it sounds way better. Due to the slightly wider bore and shorter nozzle compared to the Titan 5, I couldn't get a fit that is as deep as the Titan 5. That however, doesn't make the sound any less bad. If anything, it would say it is better than the included tips that came with it. 

Gonna continue to let it burn in for now. The bass for now is a bit too much(boomy) for my taste. Hopefully it tightens up. 

I am sorry if my contents are everywhere lol. 
normal_smile .gif

May 9, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #27,134 of 35,472
doesn't make the sound "any less bad"... or do you mean "doesn't make the sound any worse"? :tongue_smile:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back