Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #25,051 of 35,472
Just wanna say that there are actually a lot of people out there who use small tips. And this is especially true in Asia. I have small ears, even the medium sized tips seem very large to me. And on top of that I have shallow outer ear so most earphones fall out. It's very hard to get a good fit. It really sucks. Can't buy half the earphones out there because they won't fit. :')

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #25,052 of 35,472
Just wanna say that there are actually a lot of people out there who use small tips. And this is especially true in Asia. I have small ears, even the medium sized tips seem very large to me. And on top of that I have shallow outer ear so most earphones fall out. It's very hard to get a good fit. It really sucks. Can't buy half the earphones out there because they won't fit. :')

So, there actually are others like me, I got the KZ Whirlwinds recently and they've been doing great things for me, although I still feel them a tiny bit larger than needed, I'd likely try the Auvios if they were available in Europe, although I dont really need them with the Whirlwinds around.

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #25,053 of 35,472
Could you quickly compare the signature to the LZ A3? I'm guessing the A3 is more mid-centric, right?

:grinning: Can't yet. Just got the LZ yesterday. They are on the burner.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #25,055 of 35,472
Yeah my girlfriend is half Korean half Greek and she has a tough time with eartips. I think we settled on Medium or Medium Small Puro tips for her ieb6 the other day since she lost the ieb6 stock tip

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #25,056 of 35,472
:grinning: Can't yet. Just got the LZ yesterday. They are on the burner.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Alright then, I'll be patient... 
rolleyes.gif

Looking forward to it though. 
wink_face.gif

Apr 5, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #25,057 of 35,472
I picked up the Tennmak Pro Dual Driver IEMs despite the recommendations given to me a little bit back. I'm still looking at the Easy UE Custom and love its design. (Turns out the Easy UE $43 is one DD, not double driver)

Anyways.... Tennmak Pro Impressions

Sound

I like the sound quite much, it's close to what I was looking for and I'm sure many will love it (and I do but it's not the flat sound I was looking for).

Bass - The bass is nice, is boosted a bit, not basshead but close. Although it's boosted, its sub bass is not as much, this leads to a tight punchy bass that I enjoy. I think it lays some bass ontop of vocals a little it's not bad it just adds warmth to the experience.

Midrange - As I said, a little warm. The mids are fantastic, forward, detailed and enjoyable. The upper midrange isn't piercing and as far as I can tell there aren't many peaks.

Treble - The Treble is natural. It is never too sharp or to smooth. These are not fatiguing in any way. The one thing about the treble which is slightly bothersome is some lack of microdetail, small things barely noticeable that I found issues with were symbols, symbol crashes simply didn't sound right to my ears with these IEMs.

Imaging and Soundstage - placement of sounds/vocals/instruments was great. These don't have the airy wide soundstage of open back Dunu Titan 1's but they are pretty wide and forward for the fact that they are in ear and closed back (I think there's a port hole on them, but barely any sound leaks and I believe it's to improve the bass). Instruments were always placed where they belonged, vocals tended to sound great, generally a solid 10-20 feet in front of me, but it also deepended on the recording quality. Stereo separation is great I guess, I never really understood why people mention this though, if the headphones aren't stereo, they're mono and shouldn't be bought.

Moving on from sound, physically they're great. The plastic seems high quality and I I've to be able to the guts of the product. MMCX connecter is pretty good, but I don't like how easily the earpiece spins on the port/plug. The cabling is high quality and has good support for sharp bends around the jack and cable split.
The metal box it comes in is reusable as a case which is nice. It comes with 3 pairs of tips all are pretty good, but I liked the feel I got from the KZ Ed9 Hybrid (red) tips and kept using them.

I guess this turned into a bit of a review xD.
Keep in mind I've only had the Tennmak Pro's for a week and a half, the sound can change as I burn these in even more and I hope the treble does gain the little bit of detail I think it's missing.

For $22 ($30 for the because I preordered) I think these are amazing earbuds and do compete with products up to $150, I highly recommend this product.
If you feel I did not go over anything or you would like me to compare it to a product just ask.
(btw if you're looking at the VJJB V1, just spend the extra $3, it's amazing the difference it makes) (I hate my VJJB V1s)

Apologies for any grammatical/English errors, I speak fine English, but I'm typing from my phone (because why not) and sometimes autocorrect is a dummy.

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Apr 5, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #25,058 of 35,472
twin has wheel power to keep them on the burner OR hes got his tk12's to keep him from temptation
wink.gif

cool.gif
TK12's AND Shockwave III's.....

Happy dance, happy dance.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #25,059 of 35,472
Could you post a link to those tips, I feel that L tips usually are to small. I need something like XL tips. But you know what they say big ears big...
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-Pairs-6pcs-L-M-S-In-Ear-Tips-Earbuds-Headphones-Silicone-Eartips-Ear-Sleeve-Ear/32424630227.html

They look like stock KZ but I'm hoping they're bigger. I can't measure my KZ tips now because they're at my work office. Also if you message Teresa at HCK before you purchase, they will happily give you all L size. And if these are still not big enough I'd recommend getting some ROCK Zircon as their large tips are closer to 15mm and the earphones themselves are also great for the price (if you like lots of bass).

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #25,061 of 35,472
I picked up the Tennmak Pro Dual Driver IEMs despite the recommendations given to me a little bit back. I'm still looking at the Easy UE Custom and love its design. (Turns out the Easy UE $43 is one DD, not double driver)
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

I did consider this Pro dual but end up ordered the Tennmak Piano. Maybe i made a bad choice since i prefer the balanced sound over bass centric.
Still waiting for it and hope it won't disappoint me.

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #25,062 of 35,472
I did consider this Pro dual but end up ordered the Tennmak Piano. Maybe i made a bad choice since i prefer the balanced sound over bass centric.
Still waiting for it and hope it won't disappoint me.

Well, it's definitely not balanced but from what I have heard from PaulPark (sometimes hard to understand him :p ) the Tennmak Pro bass has a lower quantity and a higher quality treble than the Piano. He could be wrong, or maybe some info was lost in translation. Don't get your hopes up, I've heard from others that it's warm but not necessarily bass heavy. Please do tell how they sound when they arrive, I'm interested in those too (unless they're bass heavy like you fear)

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #25,064 of 35,472
  Hi twin,

I ordered the Easy UEs 6 days ago (no news about shipment yet), I read your feedback and I'm a little worried about bass quantity cause I'm no basshead. Do you think they're more on the basshead side or on the warm & sweet side ?

@TwinACStacks
I guess you didn't notice.
wink.gif

I ordered mine 13 days ago and tracking still says it's in China

My status according to China Post :

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #25,065 of 35,472

Anyways.... Tennmak Pro Impressions

Sound

I like the sound quite much, it's close to what I was looking for and I'm sure many will love it (and I do but it's not the flat sound I was looking for).

Bass - The bass is nice, is boosted a bit, not basshead but close. Although it's boosted, its sub bass is not as much, this leads to a tight punchy bass that I enjoy. I think it lays some bass ontop of vocals a little it's not bad it just adds warmth to the experience.

Midrange - As I said, a little warm. The mids are fantastic, forward, detailed and enjoyable. The upper midrange isn't piercing and as far as I can tell there aren't many peaks.

Treble - The Treble is natural. It is never too sharp or to smooth. These are not fatiguing in any way. The one thing about the treble which is slightly bothersome is some lack of microdetail, small things barely noticeable that I found issues with were symbols, symbol crashes simply didn't sound right to my ears with these IEMs.

Imaging and Soundstage - placement of sounds/vocals/instruments was great. These don't have the airy wide soundstage of open back Dunu Titan 1's but they are pretty wide and forward for the fact that they are in ear and closed back (I think there's a port hole on them, but barely any sound leaks and I believe it's to improve the bass). Instruments were always placed where they belonged, vocals tended to sound great, generally a solid 10-20 feet in front of me, but it also deepended on the recording quality. Stereo separation is great I guess, I never really understood why people mention this though, if the headphones aren't stereo, they're mono and shouldn't be bought.

Moving on from sound, physically they're great. The plastic seems high quality and I I've to be able to the guts of the product. MMCX connecter is pretty good, but I don't like how easily the earpiece spins on the port/plug. The cabling is high quality and has good support for sharp bends around the jack and cable split.
The metal box it comes in is reusable as a case which is nice. It comes with 3 pairs of tips all are pretty good, but I liked the feel I got from the KZ Ed9 Hybrid (red) tips and kept using them.

I guess this turned into a bit of a review xD.
Keep in mind I've only had the Tennmak Pro's for a week and a half, the sound can change as I burn these in even more and I hope the treble does gain the little bit of detail I think it's missing.

For $22 ($30 for the because I preordered) I think these are amazing earbuds and do compete with products up to $150, I highly recommend this product.
If you feel I did not go over anything or you would like me to compare it to a product just ask.
(btw if you're looking at the VJJB V1, just spend the extra $3, it's amazing the difference it makes) (I hate my VJJB V1s)

Apologies for any grammatical/English errors, I speak fine English, but I'm typing from my phone (because why not) and sometimes autocorrect is a dummy.

[IMG][IMG][IMG][attach]1605345[/attach][/quote]

I don't need to post my thoughts because you've nailed them exactly. They are an excellent on detail, nearly flat IEM that just lack subbass extension, and a tiny bit of treble extension compared to the Puro IEM500. They are on the level of the LZ Z03A in sound detail quality. But for both of those 2, I really love, LOVE them when I EQ the subbass up. But for the last 2 days I've been using the Tennmak Banjo and they are also at the sound level of these two, but they have the subbass without having to EQ, and so I rate the Tennmak Banjo as slightly above both the Z03A and the Tennmak Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back