Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #19,546 of 35,472
Nov 6, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #19,549 of 35,472
Nov 6, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #19,550 of 35,472
Well I have been burning in my **** DIY k3k that was purchased from Anna outdoor sports.

Out of the box I wouldn't listen to these without firstly running them in, they sound awful for the first 3 hours.

Like as harsh as a bunch of cats on heat outside your window:smile_cat:, the highs are screeching out at you.

These are 4.7ohm now this is much lower than the printed 8ohm, and as a result will be fussier than a princess when it comes to finding a source that sounds right, this will cause all sorts of grief, for example of I plug this into a basic s4 phone it starts clipping within a few volume clicks. (This clipping if left to run will destroy the dynamic drivers).
People will think they have a faulty unit, but some sources will be fine with this load, and others will never sound good. Not good....:pouting_cat:

Speaking of sound....

After about 50hrs they have started to settle in and sound quite nice, (considering they have no dampener just a screen) the harsh over the top high end has kicked back to a more hot top end that can be quite enjoyable with some recordings, others you just can't listen. And must skip tracks.

But it is early hours, I will come back after 150 hours and blab on some more.
The build is excellent appart from a sharp bit at the top of the 3.5mm plug. (Fixed with some clear heatshrink)

But the 4.7 ohm impedance is a deal breaker I think. Can someone also check the impedance of their example and please report back? This could damage some equipment it's so low.

Decided to listen to my **** DIY K3s yesterday, and discovered one channel cutting out.
They have been sitting on the stand since my last post about these; the one that measured 6+ohms, and were a bit lean in the low end.
Turns out one or more of the connections in the junction was either shorting or cold soldered.
Should have took pictures of how poorly the wires were connected and stuffed into that metal barrel along with some injection mold plastic.
After soldering all connections properly, the impedance now measures  14.5 ohms!
SQ also better in all areas.

Believe you reported your K3s have settled in quite nicely after a lengthy burn in, new tips and putty mod.
Wonder if the impedance has changed any too?

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #19,551 of 35,472
Nov 6, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #19,552 of 35,472

Those were the first ones I tried and I don't care for them that much; they dampen the treble which leads to worse imaging and clarity. The donut foams is where it's at. Most people swear by the Heigi foam donut, which I don't have. But I will be getting some in time.

Can I get a link? Thx

Nov 6, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #19,554 of 35,472
I just got my shipment of new headphones from HCkexin, they got to the us in 6 days with e packet shipping! Here is my first impressions, I got the yinjw IE800 wooden, they sound amazing for a bass head! They blow out the ED9s if your looking for bass. I also got the Ed9s they are pretty good the have nice build quality and have a wide range of sound. I also got the HDS1 which are really small but are well balenced, and lastly I got the zircons which have a amazing build quality and they fit great, along with good sound. I really recommend HCkexin, and they have the a big sale on 11.11 and a lot of headphones will be cheap so I recommend buying them on Wednesday. My full reviews will be coming up. Link: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1825606

Nov 7, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #19,556 of 35,472
Anyone with Auglamour ag-r8 here?

Nov 7, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #19,558 of 35,472
I did a search on this thread and found no info about LITTLEBIGSOUND so I'd like to share them here. I had an opportunity to meet the creator of the NatureTones wood-crafted headphones and shared my thoughts in my blog post.

The unique selling point of NatureTones is that for every product, there are 3 variants, differentiated by the wood chamber material.

CherryWood: Clearer treble, flat bass
RoseWood: Strong mids, flat treble
WalnutWood: Heavy treble and bass

The product design has an organic feel – wood chamber, soft protein leatherette cushion, leather-like headband, bronze sliders. It feels premium and lightweight. The box packaging is also made with layers of paper cardboard to provide strength and form, a refreshing way to pack using recyclable materials without looking cheap.

Although all the NatureTones headphone models offer 3 different tunings, the tunings are different among the models.

Nov 7, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #19,559 of 35,472
  It has been a long time since coming here. So what's the most recommended earphone for all rounders? 

From the ones I have, I'd say ED3 Youth Version. HDS1 is great, but its highs are more piercing, while ED3's mids are more present and more accurate. The overall volume of ED3 Y.V. is higher too.
If you want more emphasis on the bass I'd say ROCK Zircon (my daily driver for months now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back