Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #16,246 of 35,472

I just wanted to show this cool little combo. the VSD3 has always been my go to iem for when lying down and relaxing. I decided to try them with my custom tips and I am for the first time hearing what they are capable of. I have given VSonic a lot of schiit for their qc issues and such but god damn these things are so much more capable that I ever thought was possible, specially given its price point! I only wish it was regular MMCX so I can get cooler looking and better sounding wires!

May 27, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #16,247 of 35,472

I just wanted to show this cool little combo. the VSD3 has always been my go to iem for when lying down and relaxing. I decided to try them with my custom tips and I am for the first time hearing what they are capable of. I have given VSonic a lot of schiit for their qc issues and such but god damn these things are so much more capable that I ever thought was possible, specially given its price point! I only wish it was regular MMCX so I can get cooler looking and better sounding wires!
Whats the story with those tips?

May 27, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #16,249 of 35,472
Whats the story with those tips?

I had those made for my Havi B3 pro 1 and Sony XBA Z5. I wanted to get a custom iem like seal and hear how they are supposed to sound. With regular tips they don't always seal. So I had an audiologist take impressions of my ears and then those were sent off somewhere, to have the custom tips made. They are moulded to my ears so they give a perfect seal and makes everything sound much better. My B3 Pro 1, VSD3, Sound Soul S-018, EDSE and ED3 all seem to work with the tips. The Havi is notoriously tip dependant so I didn't want to have to deal with that

May 27, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #16,250 of 35,472
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
I had those made for my Havi B3 pro 1 and Sony XBA Z5. I wanted to get a custom iem like seal and hear how they are supposed to sound. With regular tips they don't always seal. So I had an audiologist take impressions of my ears and then those were sent off somewhere, to have the custom tips made. They are moulded to my ears so they give a perfect seal and makes everything sound much better. My B3 Pro 1, VSD3, Sound Soul S-018, EDSE and ED3 all seem to work with the tips. The Havi is notoriously tip dependant so I didn't want to have to deal with that
Ahh, i see. i tried the molded foam. it worked ok but i need to try it again.

May 27, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #16,251 of 35,472

I'm planning to make one too, do they need your IEM to be sent together with the impression?

May 27, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #16,252 of 35,472

I'm planning to make one too, do they need your IEM to be sent together with the impression?

Yes, so they can mould it to the diameter of the iem nozzle. Make sure to tell them to make it as wide as the nozzle. If you want to be able to use them with other iems, make sure to not get the full body ones. My ones are the ones that snap on like any old stock tip, same mechanism. Hope that helped some :)

Also, I saw you over at the flare audio thread. I am this close to backing the R2a and I might be able to use the tips with them! Would be an epic combo it seems. I am stuck deciding between getting the R2a or the cabin c5. Ugh 

May 27, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #16,253 of 35,472

Yes, so they can mould it to the diameter of the iem nozzle. Make sure to tell them to make it as wide as the nozzle. If you want to be able to use them with other iems, make sure to not get the full body ones. My ones are the ones that snap on like any old stock tip, same mechanism. Hope that helped some :)

Also, I saw you over at the flare audio thread. I am this close to backing the R2a and I might be able to use the tips with them! Would be an epic combo it seems. I am stuck deciding between getting the R2a or the cabin c5. Ugh 

Haha yeah, I'm gonna make one for the Pro if I end up liking it. Would love to have it usable for other IEM so I'll follow your advice, thanks. :)

May 27, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #16,254 of 35,472
May 27, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #16,255 of 35,472
May 27, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #16,256 of 35,472
  In fact I wanna write more detailed impression about this excellent 1MORE earphone but my thread was removed.  So I will only post some photos and info here.   

It's better than Xiaomi Piston 3.  The cable is longer.  All control buttons does work with iPhone 5.  You can adjust volume level using left, right button. 

How does it compare to the KZ ED9?

I haven't seen anything about them. Do they use the same driver as the Piston 3's?

May 27, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #16,258 of 35,472
  LOL, impatient :wink:

Nah I was just earmarking my own post so that i could refer back to it for future reference and to give others a hint so that they won't ask why is there order is take so long to leave Australia if anyone orders from a seller based in Northern Tasmania, Australia
smily_headphones1.gif

May 27, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #16,260 of 35,472
Nah I was just earmarking my own post so that i could refer back to it for future reference and to give others a hint so that they won't ask why is there order is take so long to leave Australia if anyone orders from a seller based in Northern Tasmania, Australia :)  

No problem, I'm just kidding with you. Figured there were probably a good reason :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back