Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #5,613 of 35,472

The look will be the same as the VSD3, but in blue and purple ( I bet that they'll realease a black version too )
The price should be US$67

interesting...

yea i'll defo wait for these then

thanks!

i assume this means they'll sound very similar then...nice, from what ive read the vsd3s sound signature is nearly perf for me

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #5,615 of 35,472
  how would you guys rank these:

ostry kc06a
vsonic vsd3s
havi b3 pro1 original

i'm looking for the best iem sub-$150. apparently these three are the best in that price range of 0-150.

from what i've read, the vsonic vsd3s and havi b3 are nearly the same, with the vsd3s slightly the better all rounder. haven't really found any kc06a comparisons.

i'm not considering anything from zero audio, from what i've read they have waaaay too many qc issues.

also i keep reading stuff about vsd5s and havi b6? has info been released about these yet? i tried to look for them but couldnt find anything...could anyone just give me maybe a quick summary of what both might sound like/pricerange/release date?

I need to get to my B3ProI to do more testing once I'm done with other reviews, but from initial impression it was way better than VSD3S.  I haven't touched VSD3S in a few weeks, waiting to get VSD3 to run the comparison.  I will make sure to comeback to this post when I'm ready to compare KC06A, VSD3S and B3ProI.

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #5,616 of 35,472
  im not actually sure that mine was a dud but by what ive read i think it is. to my ears my t1e does not sound like how these people describe. and mine are really bass light lol. 

Does it sounds like what I have described?

I have been tip rolling like mad, even using my all-time favorite UE900 tips.  I can get bass to come up a little bit, but upper mids are way too loud and on tracks with brighter vocals - it hurts my ears.

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #5,617 of 35,472
@TomatoTen

All the IEM's you list are very good and perform way above their cost but please understand that the only one who can decide what's the best one for YOU is YOU.

It's no such thing as a universal "best under $150" IEM because it depends so much on preference (both sound signature and fit/comfort) and also different use (with amp?, good isolation? etc) :)

For me it's the Havi B3 Pro1 but for you it might very well be something else.

Edit: One more thing, the B3 and vsd3s do NOT sound the same at all. That's why I find them to be a great compliment to each other.

Aug 5, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #5,618 of 35,472
ok well my current headphones are my amperiors, hd650, and he400.

on the whole, i'd say my favorite overall are the hd650, very very very very closely followed by the he400. the thing is, i just love the bass on the he400. it's perfect. altho the hd650 seems to go lower, the impact of the 400 is swag. amperiors are also very nice, but they are closed so soundstage suffers---i do like a big soundstage.

i listen to a lot of hip hop (rap), rock (alt/indie/punk), and club music (electronic, mainstream radio stuff, etc). classical occasionally. i do like some vocal tracks but not many. for example, i enjoy skyfall by adele, but i hate all of her other tracks. idk why.

i own the dunu tridents, which i do like, but not as detailed/textured/extended/spacious as the other three (obviously). basically worse in every way, but i still like them.
also have the philips she3590. awesome for the price, but mids are a bit lacking for me.
also the jvc ha fx101. waaay to bassy for me. if 650s have a veil, jvc sounds like i have a carpet on my head.

so i guess overall, i like neutral with a hint of warmth. my favorite headphones (hd650 and he400) both follow that sig, and so do other hps that i like (dunus, amps).

Aug 5, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #5,619 of 35,472
  ok well my current headphones are my amperiors, hd650, and he400.

on the whole, i'd say my favorite overall are the hd650, very very very very closely followed by the he400. the thing is, i just love the bass on the he400. it's perfect. altho the hd650 seems to go lower, the impact of the 400 is swag. amperiors are also very nice, but they are closed so soundstage suffers---i do like a big soundstage.

i listen to a lot of hip hop (rap), rock (alt/indie/punk), and club music (electronic, mainstream radio stuff, etc). classical occasionally. i do like some vocal tracks but not many. for example, i enjoy skyfall by adele, but i hate all of her other tracks. idk why.

i own the dunu tridents, which i do like, but not as detailed/textured/extended/spacious as the other three (obviously). basically worse in every way, but i still like them.
also have the philips she3590. awesome for the price, but mids are a bit lacking for me.
also the jvc ha fx101. waaay to bassy for me. if 650s have a veil, jvc sounds like i have a carpet on my head.

so i guess overall, i like neutral with a hint of warmth. my favorite headphones (hd650 and he400) both follow that sig, and so do other hps that i like (dunus, amps).

tldr: based on my tastes and collection, what would you recommend?

essentially i'm just looking for a cheap pair of iems for school and bus rides and sleeping. my fullsized cans obvi cant use in public, and amps arent portable enough. my current earbuds are okay, but from what ive read, if i invest a bit more (around $60), i can get sound that approaches that of my full size cans/equal to my amps.

atm i'm leaning towards the vsd3s. they have better bass than the havis, so i'm guessing they'll be a bit warmer. at the same time, ppl keep saying the havis excel at rock and acoustic....

so i guess i'm defo gonna have to wait for the vsd5, and see if it bridges the gap in any way. plus it'll be better, amirite

Aug 5, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #5,620 of 35,472
As KC06A owner I would not recommend them to you, the sound stage is really narrowed and it's one of the hugest issues they have.
Also the lack of isolation due to the short stem are making them rather unsuitable for public transportation.
Additionally it's rather fatiguing to listen to them.

They are good IEM's for pop music though.

Aug 5, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #5,622 of 35,472
Aug 5, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #5,623 of 35,472
Bassheads rejoice! Bluedio seems to have put out a Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone that is VERY nicely priced at $37.

http://www.amazon.com/Bluedio-H-Turbine-Bluetooth-headphones-microphone/dp/B00KZEE3J0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0GJSYZ0C73WN32XNG39W

No aptX, but it somehow looks to be an upgrade over their R+ $100+ model (which is a bassy mess)

Aug 5, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #5,625 of 35,472
The Vivo XE800 needs more attention IMO. It literally is a GR07 upgraded, looks gorgeous, and fits like a dream.

The fact it is on a promotion for $50 here (Normally $100+) is just too good a deal to pass up on these, especially if you've never heard a Vsonic GR07.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=39611403083&ns=1#detail 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back