Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #5,596 of 35,472
Aug 4, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #5,597 of 35,472
My first pair of altone200 were a dud, because the new pair has tons of beautiful bass. It's a different beast. I'm loving it.

Full bodied bass (doesn't extend as low as the t1e) but just as much power.

A v signature that has extremely clear mids and highs.

Mids are a touch dry but sound awesome. Plenty of timbre and seamless transition from the bassy driver to the balanced armature. You can't tell where one stops and the other one starts.

Treble is crisp and sharp with excellent separation. I still can't turn them up too loud without the highs piercing a hole in my brain, but the sq is so amazeballs I don't need to turn these way up.

Are they better than t1e? In detail, accuracy, transparency and speed the answer is yes.

In bass prowess, soundstage depth, and musicality, t1e is better so far. I love the warm signature of the t1e, it's definitely less fatiguing.

Would I like it, or am I spoiled with my Havi / XE800 /soon to be T1-E combo?

Aug 4, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #5,598 of 35,472
Would I like it, or am I spoiled with my Havi / XE800 /soon to be T1-E combo?
The clarity and transparency of these altone200 trump the havi. They are also easier to drive than havi. It's a different listening experience for sure.

One thing I think about is "would I buy another pair if these broke?" Price pays a roll in that question.

Some pairs I have already purchased an extra pair. They are the GR07BE, havi, tenore, KC06, t1e, Pistons, and hk1. I already purchased them because I don't want to go a day without them if they broke, or I sometimes either sell them or give them as gifts.

My first pair of altone200 had both build and sound quality issues. I was slightly disappointed in my purchase. This new pair is amazeballs, and I'm going to give it some time to test and see how well it holds up. If I was going on sq alone I would say heck Ya go get them.

They are a incredibly detailed and wonderfully tuned IEM.

Aug 4, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #5,599 of 35,472
The clarity and transparency of these altone200 trump the havi. They are also easier to drive than havi. It's a different listening experience for sure.

One thing I think about is "would I buy another pair if these broke?" Price pays a roll in that question.

Some pairs I have already purchased an extra pair. They are the GR07BE, havi, tenore, KC06, t1e, Pistons, and hk1. I already purchased them because I don't want to go a day without them if they broke, or I sometimes either sell them or give them as gifts.

My first pair of altone200 had both build and sound quality issues. I was slightly disappointed in my purchase. This new pair is amazeballs, and I'm going to give it some time to test and see how well it holds up. If I was going on sq alone I would say heck Ya go get them.

They are a incredibly detailed and wonderfully tuned IEM.

I have an idea. Since you are an expert on the GR07BE, you really might want to hear these XE800. I also want to hear the Altone.

Want to do a week long swap soon as a listening test? I'd love to know the differences the XE800 has compared to the GR's, and the Altone has definitely caught my interest.

Could be a money saving move, or a wallet buster. lol. 

Aug 4, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #5,600 of 35,472
I have an idea. Since you are an expert on the GR07BE, you really might want to hear these XE800. I also want to hear the Altone.

Want to do a week long swap soon as a listening test? I'd love to know the differences the XE800 has compared to the GR's, and the Altone has definitely caught my interest.

Could be a money saving move, or a wallet buster. lol. 
ah man, you're killing me here lol.

Give me a week or so to enjoy these altone200 for a while and I'll pm you when I'm ready to share lol.

Because I finally got a pair of functioningaaltone200 I wanna play with them lol

Thanks for the offer I'll be getting ahold of you soon regarding this.

Aug 4, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #5,601 of 35,472
  This is a story that is worth telling. I'ts not like we get headphone stories every day, right :) Inspired by this thread I started seeking on ear chinese headphones. I tried a lot of headphones. I even posted at this thread, but I always excluded this find. I knew I had found something so special that I would be a *******d idiot if I'd just gave it all away.

At the same time I got the beevos I got AKG K550. I wanted to like the AKG's but I did not. My comments on K550 can be found on the AKG 550 thread, but main reason why I did not like the AKG's was that I had just stumbled abon Beevos. Practically free headphones that made fun of AKG's great effort in makinga mediocre priced hifi headphone. And Beevo made it for seven euros.  At first Beevos sound really weird. It is like they have black space between between instruments (and not in that good way) It is like multispeaker headphones. But after a while it settles down and you have just a a HUGE soundstage on a closed portable headphone.

I took of the original pads and replaced those with something bigger but like wise sized(dont remember where those came from) and then put on hm5 pads on top of that. HOLY F'n Shisse... The soundstage was huge. Not huge like on Takstar pro80 with hm5 pads, but similar to soundstage of JVC DX1000. That is when I knew I had stubled on something special.

Since then I have had more than 10 pairs of Beevos. I've done a lot of mods withh different housings. After a while I talked about his with a guy who knows more about headphones than I do. He even has a own headphones store. He was in awe by the performance these things offered and now these are readily available in his store.

I had these classy alloy metal chassis which I put these headphones in when I was trying to achieve the better sound. I had these really cool looking headphones. It was like 7 euros for beevos and 10 euros for the headband and hinge. My landlord saw me wearing those headphones and wanted to listen to them. It was because those were white and alloy, look good with his aplle products.  After a listen he said he want's a pair. Not because those looked good but because it was best audio he had ever heard. I said those are not awailable because I made those. He said I better start making more! He said I'f I needed money he could invest something between 5000-10000 into this business.

So yeah.,...dunk that. I got back into school (at an old age) so I don't have the time to do that. So I decided to went public. I'm not going to make anything out of this so it might aswell be commong knowledge.

As on it's own these won't beat hi2050 or superlux in it's stock form. But after you take into notion that these come as a closed on ear headphones.... Yeah. After some modding, the takstars are left in the dust. Superlux is not to be mentioned. I had a deging which I was working on, it was supposed to be better than 300 euro portable beyerdynamics. It would have been but i would have not been able to make any profit out of it.

Anyway... Give these a try. Give em a proper burn in. Try those in other housings. Seriously those 2cent plastic cases are a disgrace for such drivers!

Here is a good link for ordering these http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-New-BEEVO-Stereo-Headset-Headband-PC-Notebook-Gaming-Headset-With-Microphone-Black-Free-Shipping/1677964849.html

Lots of Beevo models.
http://beevo.cn/eng/product.asp

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #5,602 of 35,472
ah man, you're killing me here lol.

Give me a week or so to enjoy these altone200 for a while and I'll pm you when I'm ready to share lol.

Because I finally got a pair of functioningaaltone200 I wanna play with them lol

Thanks for the offer I'll be getting ahold of you soon regarding this.

... and if my T1E won't improve after a further burn in, I probably will end up sending them to you for comparison as well lol!!!  There is no way in hell my pair of T1E is even slightly v-shaped with enhanced bass :)  Hopefully it's not going to turn into another "Tenore" thread with 6dB bass variation between dozens of models.

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #5,603 of 35,472
... and if my T1E won't improve after a further burn in, I probably will end up sending them to you for comparison as well lol!!!  There is no way in hell my pair of T1E is even slightly v-shaped with enhanced bass :)  Hopefully it's not going to turn into another "Tenore" thread with 6dB bass variation between dozens of models.
There was someone else who was saying the same things you were about there not being much bass and bright upper mids. I'll check them out but you might want to request an exchange because that doesn't sound right. T1e is a warm signature with a lot more bass than the havi b3 pro1

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #5,604 of 35,472

what am i seeing here. a dud t1e too ? i thought i was the only one lol 

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #5,605 of 35,472
  what am i seeing here. a dud t1e too ? i thought i was the only one lol 

Why was yours a dud? I don't remember. You said it wasn't good with metal, I remember that.

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #5,606 of 35,472
There was someone else who was saying the same things you were about there not being much bass and bright upper mids. I'll check them out but you might want to request an exchange because that doesn't sound right. T1e is a warm signature with a lot more bass than the havi b3 pro1

Yes, exactly. I'm on the same page as Hisoundfi and sf about the T1-E. The Havi are a little bright for my liking, and the fit bothers me in regards to comfort... though I get a good seal with a couple different  tips like the Auvio, SHE3590, and the stock red core ones, heck even the T1-E white tips fit.

Aug 5, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #5,608 of 35,472

If keeping hissing down with high sensitivity low impedance cans is your concern, just get 75ohm impedance plug from Penonaudio: http://penonaudio.com/3.5mm-Inpedance-Plug - it fixed my problem driving similar type of headphones from AP100 DAP.  It will quiet down the output so you will have to raise the volume, but at least with AP100 it paired up nicely without changing sound characteristics.  Worth a try with your DX50 too.  Btw, those are brand name DUNU impedance adapters.

that's a good suggestion. I was also considering that :) but given that I kinda have craving for an amp (don't know why :d ) I'm also interested in E11k

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #5,609 of 35,472
how would you guys rank these:

ostry kc06a
vsonic vsd3s
havi b3 pro1 original

i'm looking for the best iem sub-$150. apparently these three are the best in that price range of 0-150.

from what i've read, the vsonic vsd3s and havi b3 are nearly the same, with the vsd3s slightly the better all rounder. haven't really found any kc06a comparisons.

i'm not considering anything from zero audio, from what i've read they have waaaay too many qc issues.

also i keep reading stuff about vsd5s and havi b6? has info been released about these yet? i tried to look for them but couldnt find anything...could anyone just give me maybe a quick summary of what both might sound like/pricerange/release date?

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #5,610 of 35,472

how would you guys rank these:

ostry kc06a
vsonic vsd3s
havi b3 pro1 original

i'm looking for the best iem sub-$150. apparently these three are the best in that price range of 0-150.

from what i've read, the vsonic vsd3s and havi b3 are nearly the same, with the vsd3s slightly the better all rounder. haven't really found any kc06a comparisons.

i'm not considering anything from zero audio, from what i've read they have waaaay too many qc issues.

also i keep reading stuff about vsd5s and havi b6? has info been released about these yet? i tried to look for them but couldnt find anything...could anyone just give me maybe a quick summary of what both might sound like/pricerange/release date?

VSD5 should've been released in July, but Vsonic had some problems with the cables and they were delayed, maybe near the end of this month...
If I were you I would wait for the VSD5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back