Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #3,676 of 35,472
During the last couple of days/nights I have been doing my partner's head in as all I do is go through these forums so she gave me £40 towards a set of IEM/CANS so I can rest.

I currently have a set of budget Altec Lansing 'Muzx Mesh' (cost me only £5) and I find them very good.

I really like the Zero Audio tenure that was recommended, but I also fancy my first set of cans, Donscorpio dolphin also seems highly recommended, however buying both would cost quite a bit (I also need to consider import taxes when they arrive to the UK) 

Are there any suggestions on a different set of cans? or shall I just buy one of the recommended and let it rest?

Quote:
  Hi all, I have been a long time lurker rom the UK and have recently started going through this thread,
I love IEMS but never had a good budget.
I fancy getting some cans for the very first time, but whilst reading this, I then want some IEMs too, 
IEMS I am interested in are 
Moxpad X3
Xiaomi Piston 2.0
KZ a1
and maybe Havi B3
Cans I have no idea, but I like either the 
Takstar pro80
MH463
Superlux HD681EVO 
HD-668B
Panasonic RP HTF600
My question is, with the IEMs, and keeping the budget low 
What 2-3 would you guys recommend in order of preference.
Which 1 overear HP, would you recommend again within that budget window.
Finally a nice question for you guys to think about, if you are only allowed 1 IEM and 1 Can, (imagine apocalytic state in the world, or going on holiday and you can only fit one.
Which ones would you choose?
Ps. My choices does not need to be in my list, its just that they are quite popular.

Jun 8, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #3,677 of 35,472
During the last couple of days/nights I have been doing my partner's head in as all I do is go through these forums so she gave me £40 towards a set of IEM/CANS so I can rest.

I currently have a set of budget Altec Lansing 'Muzx Mesh' (cost me only £5) and I find them very good.

I really like the Zero Audio tenure that was recommended, but I also fancy my first set of cans, Donscorpio dolphin also seems highly recommended, however buying both would cost quite a bit (I also need to consider import taxes when they arrive to the UK) 

Are there any suggestions on a different set of cans? or shall I just buy one of the recommended and let it rest?

She doesn't know it yet but she has made a HUGE mistake! xD LOL!
She has just enabled you. All this is going to do is make your curiousity worse. HAHA! Good luck! =D

PS. What will you be using them for? Gaming, movies, music preference, portable or not so much? 

Jun 8, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #3,678 of 35,472

She doesn't know it yet but she has made a HUGE mistake! xD LOL!
She has just enabled you. All this is going to do is make your curiousity worse. HAHA! Good luck! =D

PS. What will you be using them for? Gaming, movies, music preference, portable or not so much? 

mainly music from my samsung S4

not bothered about portables or not, always a big user of iems, but just fancy cans for a change, or stick to IEMs.

Jun 8, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #3,679 of 35,472
   mainly music from my samsung S4

not bothered about portables or not, always a big user of iems, but just fancy cans for a change, or stick to IEMs.

I'd suggest the Takstar Pro80 if you want a closed can or the Superlux HD668B if you want an open can.

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #3,683 of 35,472

I also ordered the Earmax RE80/IE80 from this same seller (yan zang) more than a month ago. I just received the package yesterday (took a full month to arrive).

The IE80 and accessories were factory sealed in anti-static bags and they appear to be brand new. However the left earphone had no sound. I swapped the right and left cables to verify that it was a bad driver, not a bad cable.

The seller has been very responsive. I contacted him about the dead left driver and he gave me a full refund. So I would highly recommend this seller yan zang, but stay away from Earmax.

you must have got a faulty pair, my ones are working very well. and I especially love the wiring

Jun 9, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #3,684 of 35,472
  Do you guys know who makes these headphones, and if you have it - how does it sound?  Someone just told me these are one of the best selling headphones in China (under $10).  I can't figure out brand/model.  I know it looks just like Hisoundaudio PAA-1, but those are $20.  I have been told by a reliable source the one below are $10

Hi, I think the one with MX500 housing is Latent 25 and the other one is Latent 39. I recently order those buds after after lurking on taobao for DIY earbud. On one site (the seller has two blue crown reputation) it has been sold for over than 1500 pieces. My order are still in China (being processed by my agent, I dont know when it will be shipped to Indonesia)
I don't know if those are dasetn sell on his website or not. But I have two pair of M1 (black and blue) to test. One thing is, the blue and black version seems have different sound (not bad pair as if in dasetn thread). The black one seems sound clear, while the blue have thick mids..thats all I can say, as I dont have good ears :D 

Yay...first post. I should have make my first post in dasetn thread..but this one seems interesting...

Jun 9, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #3,685 of 35,472

Hi, I think the one with MX500 housing is Latent 25 and the other one is Latent 39. I recently order those buds after after lurking on taobao for DIY earbud. On one site (the seller has two blue crown reputation) it has been sold for over than 1500 pieces. My order are still in China (being processed by my agent, I dont know when it will be shipped to Indonesia)
I don't know if those are dasetn sell on his website or not. But I have two pair of M1 (black and blue) to test. One thing is, the blue and black version seems have different sound (not bad pair as if in dasetn thread). The black one seems sound clear, while the blue have thick mids..thats all I can say, as I dont have good ears :D 

Yay...first post. I should have make my first post in dasetn thread..but this one seems interesting...

Hello,
I have heard of these pairs of earbuds too. They sound good, especially in mids as mentioned, the separation the mids, lows, and highs are not that satisfaction tho. So if you want to order any one of them, don't expect too much from them. But still they worth this price for <$10(<---Not including shipping.)
You can give it a try~!!
wink.gif

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #3,686 of 35,472
Thanks for the impression. Yes, I am just curious about them, as dasetn buds are selling fast too. Might be those are the same buds, but i dont know, I just like to venture on cheap earbuds as they are much comfortable to my ears and wallet. I am guessing you are from China, @mrwong96?

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #3,687 of 35,472
Anyone has any information about Soundmagic HP300 or has it been canceled?

I heard HP100 will be updated with a new driver and becomes HP150, while HP200 will be updated with a new driver as well and might remain HP200.  Do you think HP300 will be an update open back version of HP200?  I was hopping for updates by mid May, but they are delaying.  Hopefully we will hear more info in the next few weeks?

I'm actually very curious about HP150...

Jun 9, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #3,688 of 35,472
I know, I go off subject and these aren't budget, but I have to share this because my favorite head fiers follow this thread and I want to share with you guys.

I just got my h3s in and they are amazing. It's like having a $10,000 dollar 6.1 surround system playing for my personal listening pleasure. It's a v-signature that's on performance enhancing drugs. The mids are so beautiful though. The bass is oh so beautiful and deep, everything is oh so wonderfully tuned and distortion free. Separation is epic, Soundstage width and depth is breathtaking.

I was worried about the fit, but the cable is so well designed and of such high quality that they fit my ears like custom iems. Oh yeah, they supply an extra cable with a mic also!

It's the classic sony sound taken to a whole new level, and sibilance free.

There's been a lot of negative comments on them and it's a damn shame.

The gr07 BE and DNK still have a place in my collection. They are my Mercedes Benz and BMW. The h3 is my Ferrari!

If you want hifi, fun, lively, accurate, deep and still detailed sound these are where it's at! These are worth the $250 promotional price I paid. If I heard them as a demo and the store said they were $500, I would put them on my list of things to buy. I'm serious.

Jun 9, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #3,689 of 35,472
But doesn't v-sig of H3s means recessed mids?  I'm afraid with a great bass performance vocals will be pushed back :frowning2:  Is that a case?

Jun 9, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #3,690 of 35,472
But doesn't v-sig of H3s means recessed mids?  I'm afraid with a great bass performance vocals will be pushed back :frowning2:  Is that a case?
It's not though!!!

Take one of the best dual balanced armature iems you have, now take the ex1000 16mm driver and use it as a dedicated subwoofer. Ya, it's powerful and articulate. There are occasions where the bass is on the verge of taking you to bassland but you're still getting the mids and highs just as they aught to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back