Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #1,923 of 35,472
Mar 12, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #1,924 of 35,472
  Today i received havi B3(old) and piston 2.0(it has a clip, seller sent it like 3 weeks a go, i didn't know then that pistons have a clip included, which version it is?).
So my question is how to to know if B3 is old v or v2 (i asked for old version while buying from bigbargainonline)? They don't seem to lack bass for me as i am coming from vsonic vc02 and dt880 premium.
Tried a few songs on both. Piston 2.0 felt a bit dark and bassy, then i put havi b3 and instantly fell in love with the signature, that detail and openness(for an in-ear).

What type of music do you listen to?

Mar 12, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #1,925 of 35,472
Today i received havi B3(old) and piston 2.0(it has a clip, seller sent it like 3 weeks a go, i didn't know then that pistons have a clip included, which version it is?).
So my question is how to to know if B3 is old v or v2 (i asked for old version while buying from bigbargainonline)? They don't seem to lack bass for me as i am coming from vsonic vc02 and dt880 premium.
Tried a few songs on both. Piston 2.0 felt a bit dark and bassy, then i put havi b3 and instantly fell in love with the signature, that detail and openness(for an in-ear).
This input make me settle down a little bit because I have ordered my B3 from Bigbargainonline (ebay seller) as well :) Please share your experiments with tips. My tip collection is waiting for Havi :wink:

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #1,926 of 35,472

This input make me settle down a little bit because I have ordered my B3 from Bigbargainonline (ebay seller) as well
smily_headphones1.gif
Please share your experiments with tips. My tip collection is waiting for Havi
wink.gif

That tip collection looks awesome :wink:  I wish something like this would be for sale!

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #1,928 of 35,472
Stay away from tvc mall. Im having issues they wont make right. Gotta call credit card company.

Oh man, sorry to hear that.  I have been shopping in there for over a year, bought a ton of cases, cables, cheap headphones, even toys for my kids.  They used to be case-parts.com, which is still a mirror of their store, until they switched to tvc-mall as a main site.  Back in the days of case-parts.com they used to accept PayPal, so when they switched I just create an order on tvc-mall, and then email them order # with my paypal confirmation.  If anything, their support and sales can get overwhelming because of being too attentive with constant email questions and confirmations.  If you feel comfortable, drop me PM with your order number so I can email my sales contact in there.

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #1,929 of 35,472
That is such an awesome idea to store tips. Mine are just in entirely too many zip lock bags. lol
Thanks. Thats actually a pill box. Also known as fish hook storage box.

Dear Unknwn what is your source ( player)?

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #1,931 of 35,472
Thanks. Thats actually a pill box. Also known as fish hook storage box.

Dear Unknwn what is your source ( player)?

Source is desktop/laptop>fiio e17 or nexus5 or nexus5>fiio e17 (n5 with custom kernel which increases quality from stock quite a lot).
  What type of music do you listen to?

Lately i have been listening to electronic/ambient/chill/downtempo/chilled dnb&dubstep kind of music, sometimes i listen to some jazz records or even classics.

This input make me settle down a little bit because I have ordered my B3 from Bigbargainonline (ebay seller) as well
smily_headphones1.gif
Please share your experiments with tips. My tip collection is waiting for Havi
wink.gif

with that collection i think you shouldn't have a problem.
Currently i am trying  included havi foam tips which gives quite good seal for me. Can't tell about sound characteristics with these tips as i haven't compared to other tips. I thought i will have problem with comfort and seal with havi because of its big size. For me tips are good as long as i have good seal because my right ear canal is a bit weird therefore usually it is hard to get good/same amout of seal on the right ear without blocking the sound (especially with silicone tips). For example with Pistons currently i haven't managed to get a good seal.

Mar 13, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #1,932 of 35,472
So basically Havi B3 Pro Mk. I and Mk. II resemble Sennheiser IE8/IE80 the most but the disconnectable cable?

It would be such a steal if the cable itself is removeable or modable to remove

Mar 13, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #1,933 of 35,472
  Lately i have been listening to electronic/ambient/chill/downtempo/chilled dnb&dubstep kind of music, sometimes i listen to some jazz records or even classics.

I'm surprised you prefer B3 over Pistons for electronic/dnb/dubstep, since Pistons have much more bass.  Are you using EQ on your B3 to increase the bass?

Mar 13, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #1,934 of 35,472
  So basically Havi B3 Pro Mk. I and Mk. II resemble Sennheiser IE8/IE80 the most but the disconnectable cable?

It would be such a steal if the cable itself is removeable or modable to remove

Nonremoveable cable, could see the possibility of making a removeable cable just I'm personally not going to try since my last few iems I've opened have not ended well.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back