1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedTwilight

Hmm bright neutral? I think you might have gotten the MR2? That description fits it. The MR3 I tried was darker and smooth.

2. HiFiChris Contributor

Huh, that sounds strange. I got mine directly from the company.

Do you still have both? I'd be interested to seeing close-up pictures.

Another thing could be the source - were you trying them on a source with low output impedance? Because I was.

If I I not mistaking, there are also 4 solder points on the woofer.

3. Inszy
    Nobody cared about longer review - only a few sentences (also in this topic) about a particular model.

4. RedTwilight

Hm I used X3C LO to E12DIY, does it make a difference? Not entirely sure what's the output impedance of the DIY. I borrowed the Pi Audio iems from someone who had all 3, but they may not have been burnt in yet.

5. HiFiChris Contributor
    RedTwilight

Okay, with that source, the output impedance should have been just fine.

I don't know if others have, but I have never ecxperienced any effects of burn-in with Balanced Armature headphones. And even with dynamic headphones, they didn't affect the sound signature ("tonality") that much to make them sound entirely different.

If you get the chance, borrow them again - I'd be interested in seeing close-up pictures. As I said, I am certain that there are 4 solder points on the woofer of my MR3, so it should be an MR3, but I'll check later that evening when I come home.
    Do you remember if they looked internally different?
    It could also be that you were listening to the MR2 when you thought it was the MR3 and vice versa. Or they sent me an MR2 instead...
    But I guess we will know when the ones other users ordered arrive.

6. RedTwilight

Yea. The hype for them is non-existant lol. I'll take a closer look if I get to borrow them again.

7. Hisoundfi Contributor
    What are you looking for?

What are your preferred genres of music and tuning?

What is your source for music?

What is your budget?

8. Hisoundfi Contributor
    The new KZ earphones sound just as good, if not better from what I hear.

9. pwoznic

How does the VE Duke compare to the HE-600?

10. Chramko
    Cheapish headphones with decent sound basically, that I wouldn't mind thrashing during sport/rough handling during trips. I have a Vsonic GR07 (classic) / the Havis as my reference headphones. I don't really have a preferred tuning, it depends on my mood and music genres I want to listen to at the moment. Nothing too bassy though. Source is sansa clip+, amped by topping nx1. I will "upgrade" to fiio x1 soon.

Budget is up to 200 $, but I am particularly looking to buy something cheaper (say up to 70$) with very good value for the money. 

My question was originally meant to ask about the "hot" headphones at the moment, ie. headphones in, say, 0 - 200 $ range that punch way above their weight. Thanks everyone so far about the answers.

11. Whitigir

You forgot the most important part.

1/ your taste preferences, fe, warm, bassy, neutral, bright...etc ?
    2/ your music preferences, rock , hiphop, pop...etc ?

12. Chramko
    1/ I would say neutral or warm. I have had headphones of both types and alternated between them.
    2/ Rock, altrock, vocal/folk, metal, some classical. 

13. B9Scrambler

JVC FXH30 is a great choice. The Dunu Titan 1 is another. They are similar sounding but much more expensive than the JVCs and with better build quality and accessories. Both worth checking out.

14. RedJohn456

From what you're saying the following might fit your preferences (Haven't heard either)

- SoundMAGIC E80
    - Mccaw GTS 100 (bright but clear)

But since you say you want a beater pair of headphones everyone has been raving about the KZ ED9, ED10 and ATE. You might be able to get all 3 for <30USD combined if you look hard enough on Aliexpress

15. RedJohn456

I would actually avoid the Titan 1, its bright, fatiguing and leaks a lot of sound. If the JVC isn't as bright, might fit his preferences better and its only what like 60 bucks brand new?

NuckinFutz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.