Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 18, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #33,436 of 33,689
Hello Head-fier’s!...Introducing the BFB ACACIA :yum:

Bamboo Forest Bird (BFB), has been on my radar since last year on the Taobao shopping website from China!

Check out my impressions by clicking the link below...:point_down:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/post-16870528

1645895881479.jpg

Enjoy! :hand_splayed::grin:

-Clear

Apr 14, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #33,438 of 33,689
Anyone have the Kinera DB005 PRO and have another IEM with the same sound signature you love ? I have the 7hz Timeless and love it but when I want to rock the Kinera does it for me.... Olina or Final A400 good choices ?

EDIT: Bough6a set of IKKO Obsidian OH10 and living them exactly what the sound signature I was love for with huge bass slam.!

Attachments

• 20220428_175503.jpg
    20220428_175503.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 1:25 AM Post #33,439 of 33,689
1. Happy with current gear
2. Curiously check head-fi, just this one time.
3. Learn all about new release.
4. New release makes your current gear sound like crap.
5. Order new release.
6. Read 759 reviews and impressions about new release being best ever.
7. New release arrives and becomes current gear.
8. Try out current gear, learn it’s somehow lacking.
9. Return to Step 2.

There is a cure.... Filter the information!

Disinformation is as big a problem in audio as anywhere else. Look carefully at your sources.
Anything from the manufacturer/promoter/seller is as biased as hell. Some reviewers praise everything, lets get real, some stuff is crap! Other reviewers can't seem to see past their own favorites. Nobody wants to jump up and down in public saying "Look what stupid choices I made!".

Airy spacious treble, is someone else's piercing sibilant treble. Warm and bright are diametrically opposed, it comes down to personal preference. We hear differently and like different music. Find reviews from people with similar tastes, or at the very least, who acknowledge different preferences. Akros, Crin, Paul Wasabii, Porta Fi and Vortex are my picks on YouTube.

Different manufacturers tend towards their own house tunings. Try a range of different styles. Do you want to end up with a bunch of identically tuned IEMs and only listen to the best one? Don't go for something super bright if you're treble sensitive, but otherwise you may find something new, that sounds better for different genres of music.

Sound samples provide some information if you can't audition gear yourself (hats off to Zplolt, SiriusB, Poles Audio and Dans Audio Reviews). Graphs don't tell the whole story but they can give an indication of tuning. How scooped are the mids. Does the bass look to be mid or sub bass focused (or MIA). Any peaks that look potentially annoying. If nothing else, reviewers explaining what they heard is useful. Graphs don't show you imaging, attack, note weight, or how natural the instruments sound etc.

Lastly don't rush! An extra pair of foam tips and a $3 case aren't worth forking over $100 or whatever, on a lemon. Once the smoke clears on FOTM, some retailers will have overstocked. More reviews will be out too, hopefully more objective. Then the real bargains appear!

Learn to be happy with whatever you have, The idea is to enjoy your music, not to be permanently unhappy with it!

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #33,440 of 33,689
Anyone have the Kinera DB005 PRO and have another IEM with the same sound signature you love ? I have the 7hz Timeless and love it but when I want to rock the Kinera does it for me.... Olina or Final A400 good choices ?
I have the BD005 Pro.
When I want to rock, the BD005 is definitely not for me.
What kind of music do you usually listen to and what you search for in a new pair of earphones? I can maybe try helping you.

Apr 29, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #33,441 of 33,689
There is a cure.... Filter the information!

Disinformation is as big a problem in audio as anywhere else. Look carefully at your sources.
Anything from the manufacturer/promoter/seller is as biased as hell. Some reviewers praise everything, lets get real, some stuff is crap! Other reviewers can't seem to see past their own favorites. Nobody wants to jump up and down in public saying "Look what stupid choices I made!".

Airy spacious treble, is someone else's piercing sibilant treble. Warm and bright are diametrically opposed, it comes down to personal preference. We hear differently and like different music. Find reviews from people with similar tastes, or at the very least, who acknowledge different preferences. Akros, Crin, Paul Wasabii, Porta Fi and Vortex are my picks on YouTube.

Different manufacturers tend towards their own house tunings. Try a range of different styles. Do you want to end up with a bunch of identically tuned IEMs and only listen to the best one? Don't go for something super bright if you're treble sensitive, but otherwise you may find something new, that sounds better for different genres of music.

Sound samples provide some information if you can't audition gear yourself (hats off to Zplolt, SiriusB, Poles Audio and Dans Audio Reviews). Graphs don't tell the whole story but they can give an indication of tuning. How scooped are the mids. Does the bass look to be mid or sub bass focused (or MIA). Any peaks that look potentially annoying. If nothing else, reviewers explaining what they heard is useful. Graphs don't show you imaging, attack, note weight, or how natural the instruments sound etc.

Lastly don't rush! An extra pair of foam tips and a $3 case aren't worth forking over $100 or whatever, on a lemon. Once the smoke clears on FOTM, some retailers will have overstocked. More reviews will be out too, hopefully more objective. Then the real bargains appear!

Learn to be happy with whatever you have, The idea is to enjoy your music, not to be permanently unhappy with it!

You have to continue to learn from your lucky breaks as well as mistakes made along the way. I learned people do things for money. And people call that shilling. Anyway they can't shill all of the time because it won't work anymore. There in lies the need to learn and adapt.

Apr 30, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #33,442 of 33,689
I have the BD005 Pro.
When I want to rock, the BD005 is definitely not for me.
What kind of music do you usually listen to and what you search for in a new pair of earphones? I can maybe try helping you.
Bought the Obsidian and loving them

Apr 30, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #33,443 of 33,689

EDIT: Bough6a set of IKKO Obsidian OH10 and living them exactly what the sound signature I was love for with huge bass slam.!
Olina is not a relaxing listen and certainly not bass heavy. Amazing for details and imaging but neutral tuning and a little hot in the upper mids and treble.

BLON BL-03, CCA CA16, TRI Meteor or Tipsy TTROMSO are better for relaxed listening with a good thump in the bass!

Just saw your edit: OH10 would be great choice!

Last edited:
May 10, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #33,446 of 33,689
Hello everyone, want to ask something.
I had Einsear T2 for years and really like the sound of its (yea, it's old!). Now, the product has been discontinued. It's hard to get and the available stock has a higher price. It's just not worth more than the original price so I'm not going to buy that.

So I wonder if there is a re-brand of this driver/tuning in new iem that still available. From my understanding, it's not uncommon in Chifi market to re-brand the same product with different name. If anyone have any info, please tell or. (Or where to get the Einsear T2 on original retail price)

Well, if the product is really gone. What would be a good recommendation to replace it in the price range under $30. Would CCA CRA be a good replacement? would really love to get some recommendation with the similar tuning of Einsear T2.

Thanks.

May 11, 2022 at 4:47 AM Post #33,447 of 33,689
Hello everyone, want to ask something.
I had Einsear T2 for years and really like the sound of its (yea, it's old!). Now, the product has been discontinued. It's hard to get and the available stock has a higher price. It's just not worth more than the original price so I'm not going to buy that.

So I wonder if there is a re-brand of this driver/tuning in new iem that still available. From my understanding, it's not uncommon in Chifi market to re-brand the same product with different name. If anyone have any info, please tell or. (Or where to get the Einsear T2 on original retail price)

Well, if the product is really gone. What would be a good recommendation to replace it in the price range under $30. Would CCA CRA be a good replacement? would really love to get some recommendation with the similar tuning of Einsear T2.

Thanks
Try this link, the item is apparently in stock.
https://www.newegg.com/p/0TH-073K-001Y8?item=9SIAFZ4HP87025&source=region

May 24, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #33,448 of 33,689
Good afternoon (or whatever time it is in your zone!)

If anyone is interested, I have just published my Head-Fi Exclusive* review of the BQEYZ Autumn!

*translation: I am too lazy to create my own website and social media :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The review may be found here:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/bqeyz-autumn.25555/review/28540/

Please enjoy responsibly :)

Jun 3, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #33,450 of 33,689
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back