Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 25, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #33,241 of 33,689
Google shows a wire, do you have a link mate? thanks in advance
So sorry I read fast, you aren’t looking on a cable.
I’m a bit tired, sorry…

Jun 26, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #33,243 of 33,689
What would you guys recommend for someone who likes bass, has a budget of around $50 and wants bluetooth IEMS
If you want a tws set I recomend Bomaker sifi 2, with a caveat that the tips are awful. I use TCM tws xL with mine. if you want a wire, the bassiest set I have is TRN V60 for about £20 and a kz bluetooth cable for about £13 you will need the b type cable or the Kbear ks1 a single dynamic for £20. Most people don't recommend them, as I think they had qc problems with the ba driver, but my set are fine. The TRN v60 are darker overall the Kbear ks1 have a peak at about 9k.

Jun 29, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #33,244 of 33,689
1624999802760.png

Wow, just noticed that Aliexpress is doing combination shipping for you automatically now
This is huge since I am saving a lot of money now

I have orders from 3 different stores = 3 different packages, which would result in import fees of at least 30 usd (I have to pay import fees for each and every single package, which is why it is 3 x 10 usd = 30 usd)...

Now, if they really do combine them all into a single package, I "only" pay around 10 usd!

Jun 29, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #33,245 of 33,689
1624999802760.png
Wow, just noticed that Aliexpress is doing combination shipping for you automatically now
This is huge since I am saving a lot of money now

I have orders from 3 different stores = 3 different packages, which would result in import fees of at least 30 usd (I have to pay import fees for each and every single package, which is why it is 3 x 10 usd = 30 usd)...

Now, if they really do combine them all into a single package, I "only" pay around 10 usd!

I have had that recently where 3 items ( 2 from one store and 1 from another ) were "combined" and they were both in the same shipping bag and I did not have to pay any extra fees.

Hopefully this works out in your favour.

Jun 29, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #33,246 of 33,689
Bc the new VAT rules for the EU? Got the email from Penon the other day about it. I'm in the U.S. so doesn't affect me.

Jun 29, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #33,247 of 33,689
My long awaited review of the CCA CA2 budget surprise!

WeChat Image_20210629161239.jpgWeChat Image_20210629161155.jpg

About the CCA CA2
Currently, the CCA CA2 is one of the latest earphone to hit the market by CCA (Clear Concept Audio), a sister company to KZ (Knowledge Zenith), which I’ll reveal some positive results that will eventually be an interesting in-ear earphone scaling a lot lighter and more practical for its price point when compared to your average DD in-ear budget setup. But, make no doubt, these are going to be one of the better one’s likely for its V-shape presentation and compact appearance, which in my personal opinion will benefit many listener’s ears in shape, size, and surprising sound!

First off, I want to thank Mr. Wu from CCA for sending the CCA CA2 in return for an honest review. My views on the sound signature may be different or beneficial to some, so please compare my review with others before making your own personal decision whether if this product is right for you, or not. Right now, the cost starts as low as an astonishing $7 US dollars, though price may vary elsewhere due to store purchased, the country delivered, coupon offers, or shipment cost.

As many in head-fi may know by now, CCA has become "common ground" for competitive in-ear earphones at a fraction of the cost, especially for their nicely balanced, low costing and well-made budget earphones that can compete with costlier branded ones. They have launched several in-ear earphones since then, and now their CA2 model that sports a 10MM composite magnetic dynamic drive unit presenting a clear mid-range and high-pitched tone with the ability of producing deep sub-bass tones that’s well fit for those that love and appreciate deep bass with plenty of rumble.

WeChat Image_20210629165601.jpg

SOUND SIGNATURE:
They have a magnificent V-shaped signature that will enlighten all your senses of enjoyment with your own personal selection of music. With the perfect bass punch and evenly sought-out lively and clear midrange and brilliant treble they will definitely entertain those looking for an overall fun and deep bass signature sound.

WeChat Image_20210629161224.jpgWeChat Image_20210629161254.jpgWeChat Image_20210629163433.jpg

PACKAGE:
Other than the package being completely white and compact, they carry the usual accessories, which includes a pair of in-ear resin housing earphones, detachable cable, extra-large, medium, and small silicone ear tips, and manual and warranty card all in one small square packaged box.

NOTICEABLE CHANGES:
After burning the CA2 for at least 100 hours, the soundstage opened up and they now punch way beyond what I was expecting showing a sense of authority and strength in the lower range while demonstrating precision and plenty of details in the upper range. Comfort was surprisingly good with a light and pain-free feel to them while nice and compact. Way to go, CCA! So, besides having such a unique V-shaped sound signature, they have a good form and shape that can be worn for hours at a time.

WeChat Image_20210629161232.jpgWeChat Image_20210629161247.jpg

SOUND:
BASS:

The bass expresses a thick and deep punch that can extend very low with good texture, richness with plenty of sub-sonic coherent power that makes them an excellent choice for a fun musical experience. I applaud them for such a feat when compared to other typical bass IEM with a muddy or bloated approach in this area.

MIDRANGE:
Though, the midrange might not be the high light in this case, it’s clear that it does express a good amount of clarity while giving the expression of someone seated several rows back, whether male or female, and with an emphasis of sounding bright, but not overly done. It produces a satisfying listening experience.

TREBLE:
The treble is bright, but not strident and demonstrates good details. It actually does a good job controlling a non-harsh and sibilant-free environment maintaining a good flow of clarity when combined with the MID’s. You get a metallic-free sounding top-end.

SOUNDSTAGE:
The CA2’s displays a big soundstage with better than average frontal and depth stage presence. While imaging and instrument separation is overall good for their price.

WeChat Image_20210629163414.jpg
CA2, Left - EDX, Right
WeChat Image_20210629163423.jpg

COMPARISONS:
In relation to the comparison below, I personally think both IEM's below are fairly well-made and can easily please even the most experienced in just sound quality alone. But, remember these are all Chi-Fi branded IEM's and some people might be judgmental on quality rather than just sound alone. So, keep in mind, the comparison below will be based more on sound impression.

KZ EDX -vs- CCA CA2
More than several months back after receiving the KZ EDX, I was astonished on how such a budget in-ear earphone could sound so good while maintaining such a balanced sound signature. Though, I did change the cable from the one that it came with, which was a bright copper cable to a silver-plated copper cable to tame the harsh MID’s and highs it was displaying. Now, many KZ fans did complain of the bright and harshness peaks, though I would stand to differ if only they would have just swapped the cable for a silver or silver plated copper cable. But, now that the CCA CA2 are here, I’d say the answer could easily lie on these. After burning them in for 100 hours, they have a V-shape sound signature when compared to the EDX. They can easily be considered a fun signature with plenty of deep bass and rumble, while the EDX will need more power to display such bass. The MID’s on the CA2 are smoother, but still enjoyable, since it still has a great amount of clarity, while the EDX for most can be peaky at times that won’t go away unless changing the cable would make the difference as it did for me. The treble on the CA2 are spot on and nicely done with no less of details than a more expensive DD. And, though the high light of the EDX are in the upper bright signature, it can sound hot for those not willing to modify them (as I explained above with the cable swap). So, I can easily say that for those looking for a V-shape and fun signature you can easily just jump on the CCA band wagon and purchase the CA2 for the answer. But, if you’re looking for a more balanced signature, the EDX will do with some exception of modifying and taming the bright signature (if you’re bothered by it). Coherently and technically they are mostly even. So, this just shows how the CA2, just as well as the EDX, can really hold its own and are both capable of competing beyond its selling point. But, surely know that both are overall excellent sounding and well-made IEM’s in their own right for such "EL-Cheapo" price!

PROS:
Excellent deep bass and rumble with a good midrange and treble combination, well-built resin/plastic housing, detachable cables, comfortable fit, comfortable silicone ear tips, very fun sounding presence.

CONS:
I don’t personally see any CON’s for their low asking price, IMHO.

PERSONAL NOTE:
Personally, I think the CA2 is one of the better fun sounding earphones, which I enjoyed for such a low costing price. These are a “no brainer” knowing that you get detachable cables and expressing such a huge performance to price ratio, you are saving BIG!...These make excellent gym buddies!

OFFICIAL ALIEXPRESS CCA STORE:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002599136427.html

OTHER ALIEXPRESS CCA RELATED STORES:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002612831652.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002612029441.html

Hope this helps anyone in their personal choice of whether the CA2 is right for you!

-Clear

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #33,249 of 33,689
Hello,

I have been out of this game for a long time and the forums became waay to cluttered / big for me to find my answer, but i remember this great thread!

I'm looking for chifi iems with on ear hooks (for sports - must be sweat resistant). I will be using them in my apartment while working out and maybe in the gym sometime in future.

I would like them to be wireless. Considering i'll be using just my phone and no DAP i assume bluetooth provides decent enough quality for this scenario?

My budget is under 50$. Preferably from reputable marketplaces like aliexpress/ebay/gearbest/fasttech even taobao, or even straight from manufacturer if necessary.

I'll mainly listen to electronic music so i'd appreciate good bass, but also crispiness.

I hope i posted this in the right thread, if not please move it.

Thank you all!

Jul 2, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #33,250 of 33,689
Hello,

I have been out of this game for a long time and the forums became waay to cluttered / big for me to find my answer, but i remember this great thread!

I'm looking for chifi iems with on ear hooks (for sports - must be sweat resistant). I will be using them in my apartment while working out and maybe in the gym sometime in future.

I would like them to be wireless. Considering i'll be using just my phone and no DAP i assume bluetooth provides decent enough quality for this scenario?

My budget is under 50$. Preferably from reputable marketplaces like aliexpress/ebay/gearbest/fasttech even taobao, or even straight from manufacturer if necessary.

I'll mainly listen to electronic music so i'd appreciate good bass, but also crispiness.

I hope i posted this in the right thread, if not please move it.

Thank you all!
Suggest you get a BT20S Pro dongle (~$37), TRN BT20S ($30) or KZ AE09 dongle ($19) and a budget IEM like KZ DQ6 ($20-25), CCA CSN ($15), KZ EDX ($7), TRN CS1/MT1 ($6-9), Tennmak Pro ($10 for earheads only)

You can also try other IEMs like CCA C10, KZ ZS10 Pro, Tin Hifi T2 all of these are sub $40 currently on AliExpress.

All permutation and combinations will keep your budget under $50 and will give you a fantastic sounding BT solution. I have a couple sub $50 TWS sets and to be honest they're gathering dust or my mom's using them as a backup. TWS sets just don't sound as good as BT dongle+IEM combination. Hope this helps.

Jul 4, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #33,251 of 33,689
Suggest you get a BT20S Pro dongle (~$37), TRN BT20S ($30) or KZ AE09 dongle ($19) and a budget IEM like KZ DQ6 ($20-25), CCA CSN ($15), KZ EDX ($7), TRN CS1/MT1 ($6-9), Tennmak Pro ($10 for earheads only)

You can also try other IEMs like CCA C10, KZ ZS10 Pro, Tin Hifi T2 all of these are sub $40 currently on AliExpress.

All permutation and combinations will keep your budget under $50 and will give you a fantastic sounding BT solution. I have a couple sub $50 TWS sets and to be honest they're gathering dust or my mom's using them as a backup. TWS sets just don't sound as good as BT dongle+IEM combination. Hope this helps.
QKZ also makes really good ChIEM's. If you're looking for durability QKZ VK4 has a really safe V-sound with great bass and some sparkle on top for a dollar or two more than the KZ EDX.

Adding to this, there's a ton of aftermarket eartips and cables you can use to customize the KZ's, CCA's, and TRN's. For a better seal and adhesion during working out you can try using double or even triple flanged tips. Spinfit makes great tips that has great variation on the effect it has on the sound and the shape. I think I've seen them sell double flanged ones but I'm not sure. For cables I suggest those with stiffer pre-forming and better durability. Jcally comes to mind for great cables that also improve the sound.

Jul 4, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #33,252 of 33,689
QKZ also makes really good ChIEM's. If you're looking for durability QKZ VK4 has a really safe V-sound with great bass and some sparkle on top for a dollar or two more than the KZ EDX.

Adding to this, there's a ton of aftermarket eartips and cables you can use to customize the KZ's, CCA's, and TRN's. For a better seal and adhesion during working out you can try using double or even triple flanged tips. Spinfit makes great tips that has great variation on the effect it has on the sound and the shape. I think I've seen them sell double flanged ones but I'm not sure. For cables I suggest those with stiffer pre-forming and better durability. Jcally comes to mind for great cables that also improve the sound.
could you recommend something that have a a lot of bass, for outdoor use sometimes I need to EQ'd the bass,

Jul 4, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #33,253 of 33,689
could you recommend something that have a a lot of bass, for outdoor use sometimes I need to EQ'd the bass,
The VK4 has good bass but for more heavy stuff you can try the QKZ AK series. AK6 has great bass and also some top end, the AK7 maybe has a bit less bass but you get better mids.

If you have a bit of a budget maybe try the BLoN BL03 or Sony MDR XB75AP

Jul 4, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #33,254 of 33,689

Honestly, QKZ has been a huge letdown for me. Except VK4 all other models are very generic I have tried KD series IEMs mostly it was KD4 and VK1 and a few others as well.

And hence, I can't ever recommend them to anyone. I'd rather recommend a Fonge W01 than a QKZ IEM. Maybe, folks like you, who've had positive experiences with QKZ are better placed than me to suggest it to others.

Jul 5, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #33,255 of 33,689

Thanks a lot for these recommendations, they all look like solid choices. I like the KZ AZ09 bluetooth earhook, but im not sure how would it compare to more traditional around-the-neck bluetooth cable. Does it move much while working out, does it have proper sweat protection or is it meant more for everyday wear? As far as IEMs go KZ DQ6 and KZ ZS10 Pro i like the most, my question is again how would they compare for this specific scenario - moving during exercise, comfort, sweat resistance and bass signature? I used to have KZ ZST and they were quite uncomfortable for prolonged wear.

Last question i have is, i see plenty of wireless IEMS on KZ website, are you sure there is no way they can compare to combo sets you mentioned?

I think that's an excellent idea. I still have my old double-flanged eartips, not sure which brand exactly but they are very similiar to spinfit ones, only they're black and red colored. Are there any chifi triple-flanged tips - they would probably help the most with iem staying in the right place.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back