Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 30, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #32,896 of 33,689
Is it only me or is he constantly hard on IEM's that many people like? To me it feels like a gimmick to get more clicks but that my highly subjective opinion :wink:
No wonder, we all hear differently, and we have our own personal taste. Of course, more differing opinions are welcome, but one should not accept one's opinion 100% whether it is an expert or not. There are many models that have been tuned in collaboration with an expert but many of them have remained known only by their name and not by sound

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #32,899 of 33,689
Only popular opinions are allowed here

Popular to whom? One of the best things for me in here is the wide variety of opinions between different users.

II really don't get your comment. If you've got a problem with what I (or anyone else) wrote earlier just say so instead of this nonsense.....

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #32,900 of 33,689
If you were to previously have me guess what Crin would grade the NM2+, I would‘ve guessed it a B- or C+, with good technicalities, but ripped apart in tuning. I knew from the start that it wouldn’t be to his taste, so I respect his opinion even though I personally disagree with a lot of it. The graph is very scary looking, but it sounds so good to me, regardless. I’m frankly amazed how it doesn‘t sound shouty to me. The NM2+ is quite ear tip dependent, so that also plays a role. The graph certainly is V-shaped, but to my ears, it sounds balanced, without a classic V-shaped sound signature, just like the Fearless S8Pro. I personally like the NM2+ more in every way compared to my Drop FDX1.

“The NM2+ kind of has the Moondrop SSR problem”
This statement sums it up really well. He clearly didn’t like the “Super Shouty Reference”, yet many people really enjoy that IEM (I’m quite certain now that I would probably enjoy it as well).

FWIW, another really popular yet controversial reviewer also didn’t like the NM2+, at least initially.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #32,901 of 33,689
If you were to previously had me guess what Crin would grade the NM2+, I would‘ve guessed it a B- or C+, with good technicalities, but ripped apart in tuning. I new from the start that it wouldn’t be to his taste, so I respect his opinion even though I personally disagree with a lot of it. The graph is very scary looking, but it sounds so good to me, regardless. I’m frankly amazed how it doesn‘t sound shouty to me. The NM2+ is quite ear tip dependent, so that also plays a role. The graph certainly is V-shaped, but to my ears, it sounds balanced, without a classic V-shaped sound signature, just like the Fearless S8Pro. I personally like the NM2+ more in every way compared to my Drop FDX1.

“The NM2+ kind of has the Moondrop SSR problem”
This statement sums it up really well. He clearly didn’t like the “Super Shouty Reference”, yet many people really enjoy that IEM (I’m quite certain now that I would probably enjoy it as well).

FWIW, another really popular yet controversial reviewer also didn’t like the NM2+, at least initially.
IOW, different people have different amounts of pinna gain

It does seem like many of what they call Super Shouty are simply following the Harman model... you gotta reckon the guys at Harman must have found a bunch of people who preferred this much pinna gain and even a bunch of people who preferred even more (seeing as it makes no sense to tune anything for an extreme outlier)

🤔

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 30, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #32,902 of 33,689
IOW, different people have different amounts of pinna gain

It does seem like many of what they call Super Shouty are simply following the Harman model... you gotta reckon the guys at Harman must have found a bunch of people who preferred this much pinna gain and even a bunch of people who preferred even more (seeing as it makes no sense to tune anything for an extreme outlier)

🤔
Exactly! Different people like different amounts of pinna gain, in part preference, and in large part based on their ear anatomy. I’m sure you know some people who are probably used to a TON of pinna gain. At first glance, they look like they could pick up satellite radio signals :smile:. Sorry, I mean no offense to any of our auricularly well endowed individuals.

0E5DB284-FE92-4FD3-828E-B9D24CBEC400.jpeg

I am amazed that I like certain IEMs like the NM2+, b/c I typically like a more modest pinna gain, less than 10dB.

Jan 30, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #32,903 of 33,689
Exactly! Different people like different amounts of pinna gain, in part preference, and in large part based on their ear anatomy. I’m sure you know some people who are probably used to a TON of pinna gain. At first glance, they look like they could pick up satellite radio signals :smile:. Sorry, I mean no offense to any of our auricularly well endowed individuals.

0E5DB284-FE92-4FD3-828E-B9D24CBEC400.jpeg

I am amazed that I like certain IEMs like the NM2+, b/c I typically like a more modest pinna gain, less than 10dB.
😂

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 30, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #32,906 of 33,689
who said the NM2+ is v-shaped?! please tell me NO ONE called that one V-shaped? If there was ever an iem that was textbook antithesis of V shaped, it's the NM2+, which i have to jack up the bass boost on ever dap and amp to get it to where it's got any real impact.

Jan 30, 2021 at 11:52 PM Post #32,907 of 33,689
I need Crinacle opinions, correct or not, few times he saved me from buying new stuff :)
My wallet need it.

Jan 31, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #32,908 of 33,689
I need Crinacle opinions, correct or not, few times he saved me from buying new stuff :)
My wallet need it.

How do you like the MT300?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back