Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 16, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #32,731 of 33,689
Dec 16, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #32,732 of 33,689
How about getting a Custom IEM like ThieAudio Legacy 3 or 4? You would, however, have the additional cost of getting ear impressions made. Etymotic IEMs are also really comfortable if you change the ear tip to a single flange tip, or get custom ear tips made, like from Sensaphonics.
Actually I was thinking about doing it but than if it would not be comfort I'm kinda stock with it...If I buy from Amazon I can return it if its not fit.

Dec 16, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #32,733 of 33,689
Actually I was thinking about doing it but than if it would not be comfort I'm kinda stock with it...If I buy from Amazon I can return it if its not fit.

Brainwaivz B400 is very small and sounds great if you're not a basshead.

Dec 16, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #32,734 of 33,689
Dec 16, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #32,735 of 33,689
I'm looking for a very comfortable pair of IEM, with small dimensions.
Budget around 200-250$.
What models are considered small & comfy?
Thanks!!

If you don't mind a flat sound signature maybe these will work:
https://smile.amazon.com/H2O-Audio-Waterproof-Headphones-Watersports/dp/B0046ZH10M

Comfort is subjective, the most comfortable IEM I've tried has been Westone UM Pro 10 with their newer ultra small bean shaped housings. Shure se215 were larger and uncomfortable after a while.

Dec 16, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #32,736 of 33,689
Dec 16, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #32,737 of 33,689
Hey guys just a very general question, what are some of the best sub-$500 IEMs for soundstage and imaging?

My current best IEMs for soundstage and imaging are the TRI I3, LZ A6, and Toneking T88K. Looking for an IEM that at least has equal or better imaging (sound positioning) than the T88K.

Also it is VERY important that the IEM is 2-pin, that's actually the main reason for my inquiry as I've had some pretty bad experiences with MMCX IEMs.

Basically I am looking for a sub-$500 2-pin IEM that excels at mainly imaging.

I'm open to any sound signature, as long as it's not too bassy or too sibilant.

Dec 16, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #32,738 of 33,689
Hey guys just a very general question, what are some of the best sub-$500 IEMs for soundstage and imaging?

My current best IEMs for soundstage and imaging are the TRI I3, LZ A6, and Toneking T88K. Looking for an IEM that at least has equal or better imaging (sound positioning) than the T88K.

Also it is VERY important that the IEM is 2-pin, that's actually the main reason for my inquiry as I've had some pretty bad experiences with MMCX IEMs.

Of all my current IEMs, the best imaging goes to the UM MEST, but a close second is the Mangird Tea. If listening to an orchestra, the Tea sounds like you’re sitting in one of the front rows, in the audience, whereas the MEST sounds like you’re in the conductor’s position. Both are impressively holographic sounding. The Tea has a full sound, but neither warm nor thin sounding. The mids sound lush, and it‘s the other main asset, along with the imaging, IMO. The bass is very clean, and sub bass focused. While there is not a whole lot of treble quantity necessarily, the treble is quite well extended and airy sounding. Resolution is great, but it doesn’t present a whole lot of detail. It’s more relaxed sounding overall.

Dec 16, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #32,739 of 33,689
I know about 6mm micro DD driver (kinera Tyr, Yamaha EPH-100, EPH-200...) but I don't know if there is a 3.8mm DD at all.
This model looks like EPH200 but I don't know if this copy has MMCX sockets
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001358794582.html
interesting, so it's a multi BA configuration?

regarding the fischer IEM, according to their product page, it's a "japan-made" driver?
http://fischeraudio.com/shop/dream-catcher-mother-earth/

Final E-series also use 6mm drivers afaik

Dec 17, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #32,740 of 33,689

Moondrop b2/dusk

Dec 17, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #32,742 of 33,689

You already have it with the A6.

Dec 17, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #32,744 of 33,689
Smabat NCO is super comfortable and sounds excellent. You should definitely try them.

You would need to change that horrid cable that came with it. I tried using it again while walking tonight and had to keep it outside my jacket as putting it inside just had this annoying tug on the buds. Didn't matter how I positioned it, terrible choice for such small and light earphones. Again microphonics are REALLY bad, not sure if that's partly down to isolation being so impressive tho?! I tried them with the little rubber ear hooks that came with my Final earphones which seems to help with strain. The way the cable is positioned these are more designed for cable down, but they're comfy enough over-ear too and fit fine being so small.

NOTE: If you do change the cable take care as they are solid enough but they are very light and being so small I'm always worried about damaging them while taking the MMCX out. The cable is also quite tough to disconnect due to the angle they're positioned into the housing and can be difficult to grip properly (normally this is where accidents happen). Make sure you grip the housing properly as you gently pull them apart, use a thin cloth even.

Lastly, I think they sound at their best listening at home in quiet. There's a marked difference (IMO) from listening on the go with these to more critical listening. They sound clearer and more open, the detail is heard better. I know this is the case for most earphones, but I do hear a big difference. Again, this could easily be the cable noise interfering.

IMG_20201218_010548.jpgIMG_20201218_010238.jpgIMG_20201218_010220.jpg

Dec 17, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #32,745 of 33,689
I'm looking at getting something around the £150-250 (max) mark. Looking for a balanced sound, good resolution and detail, not too bright, good for male vocals. Not too fussed about soundstage but don't like anything too ruler flat, can be within the head as long as instrument and harmonies can be placed well. Prefer bass quality over quantity, good speed. Housing can't be too big as I have small ears. Example TRN BA5 far too big for me, struggled a wee bit with Spring 1... was going to get the TRI I3 but looks too big too. Any help much appreciated.

These will mainly be used at home, so my desktop set-up is decent enough for hard to drive sets. Also looking at getting the Hiby R3 Pro for OTG as my FIIO M6 screen is failing on me. I like to treat myself every Xmas... more so after such a rubbish year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back