Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 23, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #32,551 of 33,689
It is another excellent recommendation in that price point. So is CCA C10 (non pro). C10 actually has better SQ than D..T..6 and doesn't require a dedicated amp to drive them. Piezos are power hungry and only reason why newbies wouldn't like them as they won't be loud enough via a smartphone. Although they can driven easily via a laptop with a decent soundcard but most of the times IEMs are used for music on the go.
Absolutely. That's why we have many different and affordable choices to enjoy :beerchug:

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #32,552 of 33,689
Absolutely. That's why we have many different and affordable choices to enjoy :beerchug:

For sure! And I have both the CCA C10 and the Dee Tee 6 (non-Pro), and I think the Di Ti 6 are "more exciting" so I like them for that better, the C10 are less exciting but more easy-going, and I like them for that. I use both of these at the gym connected to my ES100 via Bluetooth and think they're both great buys!

Nov 23, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #32,553 of 33,689
I know that people won't talk about this company but let's be real. What about D.T.6 (not pro). Price on sale $18, tribrid (DD+BA+Piezo), fun and not offensive sound.
It resembles in shape a little on Philips Fidelio S2. Even it combines ceramic and metal material for the shell (heavy shell) the weight is well distributed in the front and
not have a "fit" problem as T2. Don't get me wrong I love my T2 but I have to admit, I prefer D.T.6 more. Also price vs performance, just amazing

D.T.6. has quite a fan base here. Original, not pro [although that's also liked]. Supposed to have an amazing soundstage or technicalities or something, even though the timbre is weird.

Fit is controversial. But the tips, oddly, are sometimes the best ones for tough-fitting IEMs like the BL-03 and other weird ones.

It bugs me that the sale price is $18, though, because it was once offered in 2019 for $16. Why pay $18 when you can pay $16 :k701smile:

Also, as indicated above, C10 (original) would be a great gym IEM. A little laid-back, but it still has decent bass and strong mids.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #32,554 of 33,689
D.T.6. has quite a fan base here. Original, not pro [although that's also liked]. Supposed to have an amazing soundstage or technicalities or something, even though the timbre is weird.

Fit is controversial. But the tips, oddly, are sometimes the best ones for tough-fitting IEMs like the BL-03 and other weird ones.

It bugs me that the sale price is $18, though, because it was once offered in 2019 for $16. Why pay $18 when you can pay $16 :k701smile:

Also, as indicated above, C10 (original) would be a great gym IEM. A little laid-back, but it still has decent bass and strong mids.

I have both and I prefer Pro over the original as they have better highs and lows punch great especially with foam tips. I think the timbre is inconsistent, for some tracks it is spot on but on some tracks it sounds like What. Maybe some tuning flaw but still very enjoyable when I got them. DeeT6 has its own flaws but both are great IEMs in sub 20 bracket along with ZSN and EDX.

Nov 24, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #32,555 of 33,689
Tin T2, KZs aren't bad entry points but I find it hard to recommend since quality products like Oppoty blon exists. With a cable upgrade, maybe oppoty is the only thing that stands their ground in the face of higher priced opponents, say versus 1 DD iems. Iems like JVC HA-FDX1. Or I dare say even A8000. I'm considering buying 10 of these and handing them out like candy in Halloween.

There was this time where a brand would get hyped by the community. BGVP DMG, Tin T2, CCA C16, KZ 10pro, Fearless audio... etc. And only Blon03 (now blon01 I guess), withstood the test of time. All the other iems are in a box collecting dust. Then there is TWS like Sony xm1000 for portability, skipping the daps and wires. Ability to take phone calls. Noise cancelling.

The sound quality of XM1000 straight out of a phone isn't anything that cheap hifi can shake a stick at either. It's that good.

🤦🤦🤦

Nov 24, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #32,556 of 33,689
The problem with the blon 03 that prevents it from being the absolute best starter iem, is that the fit could be horrible for some people. And for the newbies, they definitely do not have a tip collection to tip roll with.

And the blown out of proportion mid bass for some :wink:

Nov 24, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #32,557 of 33,689
Nov 24, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #32,558 of 33,689

This model does not lose value over time. Look at it this way. Let’s say you want to make this model as a DIY project.
Obviously you need some shells, drivers, mmcx sockets, cable ... right? Only the shell will cost over $20 not to mention the drivers and plus their tuning.
The "company" which stands behind d.t.6, started copying other branded models in the sense that it used the design of well-known manufacturers with its own drivers.
These models were not so bad especially their multi-drives configurations, at that time. I think that everything changed with d.t.8 (older brother of d.t.6).
SDT8.jpg

This product has an unusual but still the original design. Shells are very nice machined - goldish anodized aluminum. 2DD+2BA are housed in this little enclosure.
Each subsequent product uses state-of-the-art technology as far as the hardware itself is concerned. The only thing that takes them away from the very top is average tuning and lack of consistency. I really respect their hard work and effort. We all know that nowadays it is very difficult to maintain in this business,
especially as a competitor to high-end companies

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #32,559 of 33,689
True, but I fixed that with the mesh mod though. :joy:

Well even with the mesh mod I personally still prefer the T2 Plus to the BL03 but I have been known to be an odd ball now and then :rolling_eyes: For my ears it was the best end results of all the Tin T's:beerchug: (As well as the best looking plus I've never had a comfortable fit with that shell design whether a Tin or DQSM D2002)!

U2T2+YoTank.JPG

Well said @furyossa , I've a mind to dig thru my boxes and find my old DT8's and give them a go again. See you have yours balanced, good call:thumbsup:

DT8-N-Series 2 Ltd..JPG

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #32,560 of 33,689
Well even with the mesh mod I personally still prefer the T2 Plus to the BL03 but I have been known to be an odd ball now and then :rolling_eyes: For my ears it was the best end results of all the Tin T's:beerchug:

that makes two of us then :beerchug:
the T2+ is my version of everyone's BL03. i still recommend the BL03 to my friends though because it's cheaper price.
now I'm still waiting for my order of the BL01 to be shipped (along with the Tape Pro and the A7). can't wait to verify what others have said about it, that it's an improvement of the BL03

Nov 24, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #32,561 of 33,689
I can't really speak of the Tape Pro as I never jumped on that train however I'm 110% sure you are going to be digging the A7's:beerchug:

A75D.JPG

Nov 24, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #32,562 of 33,689
The problem with the blon 03 that prevents it from being the absolute best starter iem, is that the fit could be horrible for some people. And for the newbies, they definitely do not have a tip collection to tip roll with.
Yes, that's definitely true. But even for those who are not Newbees, the past opinions on fit have been enough to drive people away from an amazing sounding set. I was one of those but I recently had the opportunity to get the BLON BL03 through a trade for an unopened Urbanfun YBF-ISS014 (non beryllium version). Having followed the BL03 thread for the past year, I learned some of the mods that could help with fit. I immediately took the small eartips provided as stock in the box, and used a sharp box cutting knife to cut out a small piece of the stem of the silicone eartips and slide them over the very small stems of the BL03. Then, I slid my wider bore large Newbee foam tips over that and got a nice secure fit. Then, I added an SPC balanced cable from Nicehck to replace the crappy single ended stock cable and I was good to go. After almost 3 weeks of listening to them, I'm kicking myself in the a** for not having jumped on them much sooner. My fear that they wouldn't fit me kept me away. So, I bought the Urbanfun ISSO14 (plus the CCA C10 PRO) thinking they would be more to my liking. Neither of them were. The BL03 is really great sounding and very easy to mod in many ways to achieve excellent sound. The lesson learned for me is; don't discount a potential purchase just because it doesn't LOOK like it will fit. As a dude who comes from hi end home audio; I can tell you it's WAYYYY more of a pitas to set up speakers in a room, than it is to get iems to fit your ears.

Nov 25, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #32,564 of 33,689
that makes two of us then :beerchug:
the T2+ is my version of everyone's BL03. i still recommend the BL03 to my friends though because it's cheaper price.
now I'm still waiting for my order of the BL01 to be shipped (along with the Tape Pro and the A7). can't wait to verify what others have said about it, that it's an improvement of the BL03

Absolutely. T2+ is what I wanted Blons to be.

Nov 25, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #32,565 of 33,689
Absolutely. T2+ is what I wanted Blons to be.

Apparently it cost extra:wink: I’m just glad Tin reworked the T2 all the way around😁forgot to add I've been in this combo all morning up in our attic digging out the little ladies Christmas trunks, is 11:53AM too early for a beer! Whew, not as young as I used to be :rolling_eyes:

T2+BTR3K.JPG

T2+BTR3K

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back