Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 23, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #32,521 of 33,689
https://hifigo.com/collections/flash-deals

HIFIGO is having a black friday sale. Some of their stuff is quite discounted, like Topping gear.

The Topping L30 is going at $110, dang I bought it for more just a month back. It is just an amp, but is very neutral and transparent, only single ended though, but very well implemented, dark background without hiss. The best part is that it has 3 gain switches (-9 dB to 0 dB to +9 dB) so it can drive anything from big power hungry headphones/planars to very sensitive multi BA type IEMs. It does get quite warm with longer listening sessions, especially on high gain usage, but it isn't as hot as tube amps.

It has very good reviews on audioscience review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...topping-l30-headphone-amplifier-review.15226/
Though of course measurements are just one component, so YMMV.

Nov 23, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #32,522 of 33,689
https://hifigo.com/collections/flash-deals

HIFIGO is having a black friday sale. Some of their stuff is quite discounted, like Topping gear.

The Topping L30 is going at $110, dang I bought it for more just a month back. It is just an amp, but is very neutral and transparent, only single ended though, but very well implemented, dark background without hiss. The best part is that it has 3 gain switches (-9 dB to 0 dB to +9 dB) so it can drive anything from big power hungry headphones/planars to very sensitive multi BA type IEMs. It does get quite warm with longer listening sessions, especially on high gain usage, but it isn't as hot as tube amps.

It has very good reviews on audioscience review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...topping-l30-headphone-amplifier-review.15226/
Though of course measurements are just one component, so YMMV.
HIFIGO confuses me... I ordered a TRI I3 a little over a week ago and I have a FedEx tracking number already as of Nov 14 but it has said “ready to ship“ and status hasn’t updated, from Santa Ana, CA; is it that perhaps that’s just the US side of a shipping journey and it’s awaiting receipt from China, perhaps? 😅

Nov 23, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #32,523 of 33,689
HIFIGO confuses me... I ordered a TRI I3 a little over a week ago and I have a FedEx tracking number already as of Nov 14 but it has said “ready to ship“ and status hasn’t updated, from Santa Ana, CA; is it that perhaps that’s just the US side of a shipping journey and it’s awaiting receipt from China, perhaps? 😅

Hmm maybe u can message them, their CS is quite on the ball? Maybe 11/11 is messing things up with the big backlog of orders? Indeed, I have stuff I ordered from Aliexpress on 11/11 which hasn't even shipped yet, which I have half a mind to cancel.

FWIW, I have bought about 5 items from Hifigo so far (but never during big sales like 11/11), and they managed to get the stuff sent to me within a week or two using priority shipping.

Nov 23, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #32,524 of 33,689
Hmm maybe u can message them, their CS is quite on the ball? Maybe 11/11 is messing things up with the big backlog of orders? Indeed, I have stuff I ordered from Aliexpress on 11/11 which hasn't even shipped yet, which I have half a mind to cancel.

FWIW, I have bought about 5 items from Hifigo so far (but never during big sales like 11/11), and they managed to get the stuff sent to me within a week or two using priority shipping.

thanks! Yeah since it has only been a week, I didn’t think much of it since I figured it was coming from China and they haven’t actually sent me an email or text saying it has shipped but their web site encouraged me to download Shop to track the order and I did and it’s from that app only and not on the Hifigo web site logged in they I see the FedEx tracking number ...

...but this may be a case of user error since it appears the tracking number is unrelated to my Hifigo order and was just adjacent to it 😂

at any rate, I did contact Hifigo and was pleasantly surprised that they responded IN FOUR MINUTES which is ridiculously fast, so you are spot on about their CS being “quite on the ball,” they tell me they expect to ship it today or tomorrow. 🙌🏽

Nov 23, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #32,525 of 33,689
So the Black Friday Aliexpress sale has started, any of you guys seen any nice deals? In general, the prices look a bit meh this sale, lesser discounted quantums and lesser coupons on offer when compared to the recent 11/11 sale.

So far I've seen a great deal in the TRN V90S on the TRN official store, it's going at $19.90 USD (usual price $50 USD). Good price at $19.90, but at $50 there's tough competition, so I wouldn't recommend it strongly at full price.
TRN V90S is a V shaped set, good technicalities, not as hot in upper mids as the usual TRN/KZs out there. Timbre is okay for acoustic instruments considering it has BAs handling the higher frequencies, but can be a bit nasal for vocals. Isolation average. There's a 10 - 12 kHz area spike that may trouble younger folks with good hearing, but for most other folks it should be quite smooth. Bass is very extended and textured. It has quite recessed mids, so not for mid lovers or vocal lovers.

Another possible deal is the Audiosense TX15, going at $14.50 USD, usual price $29. It is a single DD set, non detachable cable. V shaped set, good timbre and tonality, but below average technicalities, can't keep up with fast/complex music. Bass can be slow and boomy with midbass bleed. Comes with nice accessories. At $29 USD, not recommended. I got it at $9.50 USD on 11/11 after coupon gymnastics (from the discounted $14.50 price), so at sub $10 USD, maybe worth a consideration for folks who want good timbre and listen to less complex music arrangements, or for those newer to the CHIFI circuit.

I'm looking at Tin HiFi T2 only.

Nov 23, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #32,526 of 33,689
I'm looking at Tin HiFi T2 only.

Why don't u pay a bit more to get the Tin T2 Plus. It is a true upgrade with more bass than the regular Tin T2. I found the original Tin T2 very anemic in the bass.

Tin T2 Plus really has very good tonality and timbre, smooth and non offensive (some might find it too boring though). Technicalities are average, but for these Tin products which contain MMCX, best to buy from somewhere with a good returns policy as they may have QC issues with the MMCX components.

Nov 23, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #32,527 of 33,689
What bothers me more about the T2 is not only the "anemic" bass, which can correct with a few simple mods and EQ.
The fit issue is the main reason for me and not just for "str-8 up" wearing but "over-ear" also.
The weight is more concentrated in the back of the shell and with "the help" of the cable there is frequent falling out.
The egonomics and bass (according to @baskingshark) are better on Tin T2 Plus

Nov 23, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #32,528 of 33,689
Why don't u pay a bit more to get the Tin T2 Plus. It is a true upgrade with more bass than the regular Tin T2. I found the original Tin T2 very anemic in the bass.

Tin T2 Plus really has very good tonality and timbre, smooth and non offensive (some might find it too boring though). Technicalities are average, but for these Tin products which contain MMCX, best to buy from somewhere with a good returns policy as they may have QC issues with the MMCX components.

I made comparisons between the two and I liked what I saw on T2 Plus, but I wanted to see that quiet sound of T2.

Nov 23, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #32,529 of 33,689
Has anyone tried BGVP wide bore tips? It's selling for a dollar a pair.

Waiting for my shipment as well. Have ordered all of their variants. They seem decent but knowing Chi-Fi it might be a well edited copy of generic tips😆

Only hope is that BGVP mostly deals in mid-fi gear so expecting it create at least decent tips. Fingers crossed. I should receive them in 10-15 days.

Nov 23, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #32,530 of 33,689
I made comparisons between the two and I liked what I saw on T2 Plus, but I wanted to see that quiet sound of T2.
I agree, there is something very soothing about the T2‘s sound, and vocals sound very sweet on it. I still like it.

Nov 23, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #32,531 of 33,689

Only other gripe with T2 is that they're very uncomfortable when worn over-ear. Just ensure you have a return possible because T2/Pro have a bunch of teeny-weeny issues. T2+ improves on all of those including SQ. My 2c although YMMV.

Nov 23, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #32,532 of 33,689

i still have a soft spot for the original T2, because there's quite nothing sounded like that in the price range, or any, for that matter.

i personally don't find the bass anemic at all, and also think the treble is a bit brittle.

but i agree with the other's : the fit seems stubbornly trying to get out of the ears. only limited selections of silicone eartips work, and i much prefer using them cable down.

the T2 Plus however, for me it's tuned like a dream and fits like a glove. it shouldn't be grouped in the T2 family at all in my opinion, but i guess they ran out of numbers :sweat_smile:

Nov 23, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #32,533 of 33,689
What bothers me more about the T2 is not only the "anemic" bass, which can correct with a few simple mods and EQ.
The fit issue is the main reason for me and not just for "str-8 up" wearing but "over-ear" also.
The weight is more concentrated in the back of the shell and with "the help" of the cable there is frequent falling out.
The egonomics and bass (according to @baskingshark) are better on Tin T2 Plus

YES, totally agree!!! A terrible shell design, which I could never get to fit properly. Congrats to those people who have no fitment issues.

The same basic crappy shell layout/design is also why I had to skip every release until the T2 Plus. Thankfully they had the sense to go with a more ergonomic fit on the T2 Plus, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Nov 23, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #32,534 of 33,689
I agree, there is something very soothing about the T2‘s sound, and vocals sound very sweet on it. I still like it.

Tin T2, KZs aren't bad entry points but I find it hard to recommend since quality products like Oppoty blon exists. With a cable upgrade, maybe oppoty is the only thing that stands their ground in the face of higher priced opponents, say versus 1 DD iems. Iems like JVC HA-FDX1. Or I dare say even A8000. I'm considering buying 10 of these and handing them out like candy in Halloween.

There was this time where a brand would get hyped by the community. BGVP DMG, Tin T2, CCA C16, KZ 10pro, Fearless audio... etc. And only Blon03 (now blon01 I guess), withstood the test of time. All the other iems are in a box collecting dust. Then there is TWS like Sony xm1000 for portability, skipping the daps and wires. Ability to take phone calls. Noise cancelling.

The sound quality of XM1000 straight out of a phone isn't anything that cheap hifi can shake a stick at either. It's that good.

Nov 23, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #32,535 of 33,689
Tin T2, KZs aren't bad entry points but I find it hard to recommend since quality products like Oppoty blon exists. With a cable upgrade, maybe oppoty is the only thing that stands their ground in the face of higher priced opponents, say versus 1 DD iems. Iems like JVC HA-FDX1. Or I dare say even A8000. I'm considering buying 10 of these and handing them out like candy in Halloween.

There was this time where a brand would get hyped by the community. BGVP DMG, Tin T2, CCA C16, KZ 10pro, Fearless audio... etc. And only Blon03 (now blon01 I guess), withstood the test of time. All the other iems are in a box collecting dust. Then there is TWS like Sony xm1000 for portability, skipping the daps and wires. Ability to take phone calls. Noise cancelling.

The sound quality of XM1000 straight out of a phone isn't anything that cheap hifi can shake a stick at either. It's that good.
The problem with the blon 03 that prevents it from being the absolute best starter iem, is that the fit could be horrible for some people. And for the newbies, they definitely do not have a tip collection to tip roll with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back