Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 29, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #32,012 of 33,689
I’ve got bad news for you. Anyone who has trouble with the fit of the BL03 (due to the short nozzle), is REALLY gonna have problems with the fit of the BL-T3. Assuming it uses the exact same shell as the EP10, the nozzle is comically short.
ah, here we go again,
maybe they create the iem to fit a hobbit ear or something,

Sep 29, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #32,013 of 33,689
I’ve got bad news for you. Anyone who has trouble with the fit of the BL03 (due to the short nozzle), is REALLY gonna have problems with the fit of the BL-T3. Assuming it uses the exact same shell as the EP10, the nozzle is comically short.

The nozzle does look very short relative to the long shell/stem. Like the centre of gravity of the IEM will be at a very weird area?

In practice does this EP10 get yanked out of the ears? Or u gotta secure it in between the notch at the tragus region? (I think that's what it is called? Please correct me if i am mistaken about anatomy).

It really looks like BLON really likes their short nozzles! (i suspect it might have to do with tuning though)

Sep 29, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #32,014 of 33,689
The nozzle does look very short relative to the long shell/stem. Like the centre of gravity of the IEM will be at a very weird area?

In practice does this EP10 get yanked out of the ears? Or u gotta secure it in between the notch at the tragus region? (I think that's what it is called? Please correct me if i am mistaken about anatomy).

It really looks like BLON really likes their short nozzles! (i suspect it might have to do with tuning though)

yeah, the bottom of the shell where the cable is tucked neatly into the intertragic notch (at least mine anyways). So from that aspect, it was a really comfortable design. It is designed to be worn down, and doesn’t really work well worn up. I mean, technically you can wear it up, but it’s so long it’s ridiculous looking.

Of course, everyone ear anatomy is different. There are some people who have no issues with the BL03 nozzle length, while others do.

Sep 29, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #32,015 of 33,689

I actually had no trouble with fit of my EP10 and even found them quite comfortable with stock silicone tips, which are quite long. Eventually I sold them cause they weren't getting much ear time, but was considering keeping the longer tips for myself. Then the Blon BL-03 came with the same tips, which, interestingly, didn't work as well on the Blon.

Sep 29, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #32,016 of 33,689
I actually had no trouble with fit of my EP10 and even found them quite comfortable with stock silicone tips, which are quite long. Eventually I sold them cause they weren't getting much ear time, but was considering keeping the longer tips for myself. Then the Blon BL-03 came with the same tips, which, interestingly, didn't work as well on the Blon.

See, there you go - different ear anatomy for different people. What doesn’t work for some people works fine for others!

I do remember that the EP10 sounded best with shallow insertion. Maybe that’s why they made the nozzles so short?

Sep 29, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #32,017 of 33,689
1.) I mostly listen to indie and alternative music. A little bit of classical. Also some mainstream/pop songs, here and there. I don't do hip-hop and EDM.
2.) I think I'd like something midcentric as I really love vocals.
3.) It will be my all-around IEM and drivability is important as I don't have a DAC/DAP or anything like an amp.

Thanks in advance!

Fellow Pinoy hehe, I might save you a few pesos from 'Blon 03 investment' hehe 'cause you may first try a legit MH750 & I call it a little brother to my modded 03 sound wise. Links below.

Php 300: Original J style cable
https://shopee.ph/product/20011698/4942266926?smtt=0.163409464-1601391659.9

Php 500-700: Recabled & MMCX
https://shopee.ph/product/56259020/6600066448?smtt=0.163409464-1601391965.9

I only trust the sellers above as there are tons of MH750/755 fakes. I had only ordered red ones from the first Shopee seller & they're confirmed legit by @Slater after opening samples I sent.

MH750 self review:
- balanced sound (harman curve tuning). Not neutral/flat!
- no distortion at high volume. Easy to drive (phone will do)
- timbre & tonality impressive price wise. Natural dynamic driver sound.
- bass: tight midbass, subbass oomph is there, minimal bass bleed
- mids: slight lower mids recession due to harman tuning but male vocals present with female voices a little forward, upper mids are not shouty so Pop is pleasure hehe
- sibilance: nope :)
- treble & air/soundstage: crisp & not piercing, cymbals are there, gets bright & airy/wide sounding when song demands it.
- technicalities: impressive for 9+mm driver, can still hear micro details
- stock ear tips: medium is perfect, small gets it V shape sounding, and large seems to recess both bass & treble.
- mesh: can replace with 4.2 mm steel mesh if stock cloth mesh has weak adhesive like my first pair. No discernible sound differences to my ears

As for Blon 03, I call it an investment or a hassle lol as it is not in it's full potential out of the box. It's stock sound is like your good 'ol analog speaker with a midbass bump. It's carbon driver nanotube is also source sensitive - warm source, warm sound ( Poco F1 + Artextreme Amp), bright source, bright sound (Keysion type c dac).

But sensei @Slater discovered that 1) there's a hidden bass vent below the 03 that tends to get blocked by the stock cable's 2 pin flush connector hence the midbass bump 2) 03's stock mesh is a sandwiched nylon & steel that's slowing down air of bass frequencies hence the famous analog like and veiled treble sound.

So:
1. Stock mesh + new non-flush cable = analog sounding without 2 db midbass bump
2. New steel mesh + new non-flush cable = treblehead Blon 03 lol nah just bright. 2-8 kHz?? boosted by 2-3db.
3. Steel mesh + 3M micropore tape (cover steel mesh by 3/4) + new cable = crispy treble with non shouty upper mids due to micropore tape. Don't fully cover steel mesh with micropore tape as you'll lose that tight midbass again.
4. No. 3 mod with scotch tape on front bass vent = I always felt the lack of subbass oomph from the 03 but I luckily stumbled upon a scotch tape and I'm hearing that 65hz below now. Now feeling EDM even more after this (03's weakness)
5. Amping? Seems a must on stock mesh to be enjoyable. After mods above, surprised that sound can now be enjoyable on a phone

Short story, you may first try a legit MH750 then if you want a bigger & more 'organic' sounding version of it - try the Blon 03 with the mods I suggest. Oh, I only use TRN medium foam tips on my 03 as I can't find any silicone tips that gives me subbass I always crave. So if silicones are your thing, we may hear the 03 in different ways

Below is what speaker stock mesh 03 sounds like hehehe

Attachments

• IMG_20200921_165311~2.jpg
    IMG_20200921_165311~2.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200921_170107~2.jpg
    IMG_20200921_170107~2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200922_222802~2.jpg
    IMG_20200922_222802~2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200804_220946.jpg
    IMG_20200804_220946.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200629_183446.jpg
    IMG_20200629_183446.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #32,019 of 33,689
Fellow Pinoy hehe, I might save you a few pesos from 'Blon 03 investment' hehe 'cause you may first try a legit MH750 & I call it a little brother to my modded 03 sound wise. Links below.

Php 300: Original J style cable
https://shopee.ph/product/20011698/4942266926?smtt=0.163409464-1601391659.9

Php 500-700: Recabled & MMCX
https://shopee.ph/product/56259020/6600066448?smtt=0.163409464-1601391965.9

I only trust the sellers above as there are tons of MH750/755 fakes. I had only ordered red ones from the first Shopee seller & they're confirmed legit by @Slater after opening samples I sent.

MH750 self review:
- balanced sound (harman curve tuning). Not neutral/flat!
- no distortion at high volume. Easy to drive (phone will do)
- timbre & tonality impressive price wise. Natural dynamic driver sound.
- bass: tight midbass, subbass oomph is there, minimal bass bleed
- mids: slight lower mids recession due to harman tuning but male vocals present with female voices a little forward, upper mids are not shouty so Pop is pleasure hehe
- sibilance: nope :)
- treble & air/soundstage: crisp & not piercing, cymbals are there, gets bright & airy/wide sounding when song demands it.
- technicalities: impressive for 9+mm driver, can still hear micro details
- stock ear tips: medium is perfect, small gets it V shape sounding, and large seems to recess both bass & treble.
- mesh: can replace with 4.2 mm steel mesh if stock cloth mesh has weak adhesive like my first pair. No discernible sound differences to my ears

As for Blon 03, I call it an investment or a hassle lol as it is not in it's full potential out of the box. It's stock sound is like your good 'ol analog speaker with a midbass bump. It's carbon driver nanotube is also source sensitive - warm source, warm sound ( Poco F1 + Artextreme Amp), bright source, bright sound (Keysion type c dac).

But sensei @Slater discovered that 1) there's a hidden bass vent below the 03 that tends to get blocked by the stock cable's 2 pin flush connector hence the midbass bump 2) 03's stock mesh is a sandwiched nylon & steel that's slowing down air of bass frequencies hence the famous analog like and veiled treble sound.

So:
1. Stock mesh + new non-flush cable = analog sounding without 2 db midbass bump
2. New steel mesh + new non-flush cable = treblehead Blon 03 lol nah just bright. 2-8 kHz?? boosted by 2-3db.
3. Steel mesh + 3M micropore tape (cover steel mesh by 3/4) + new cable = crispy treble with non shouty upper mids due to micropore tape. Don't fully cover steel mesh with micropore tape as you'll lose that tight midbass again.
4. No. 3 mod with scotch tape on front bass vent = I always felt the lack of subbass oomph from the 03 but I luckily stumbled upon a scotch tape and I'm hearing that 65hz below now. Now feeling EDM even more after this (03's weakness)
5. Amping? Seems a must on stock mesh to be enjoyable. After mods above, surprised that sound can now be enjoyable on a phone

Short story, you may first try a legit MH750 then if you want a bigger & more 'organic' sounding version of it - try the Blon 03 with the mods I suggest. Oh, I only use TRN medium foam tips on my 03 as I can't find any silicone tips that gives me subbass I always crave. So if silicones are your thing, we may hear the 03 in different ways

Below is what speaker stock mesh 03 sounds like hehehe
Thank you for the effort!!! I was actually thinking of buying from Tuneout Audio as they're quite famous. Had my eyes on the MMCX Vidos and as you mentioned, the MMCX MH750. Haven't ordered a Blon yet, and am starting to think that the investment might "force" me to like it.

Sep 29, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #32,020 of 33,689
@audio123 curious as to how the oxygens compare to the isn d02? I'm thinking if I should fix my oxygens for a cheap price or get the d02's for a bit more which could play on a similar level? The purpose of the d02 would be for a backup pair as my favourite iems now are nm2+ and fdx1.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #32,021 of 33,689
@audio123 curious as to how the oxygens compare to the isn d02? I'm thinking if I should fix my oxygens for a cheap price or get the d02's for a bit more which could play on a similar level? The purpose of the d02 would be for a backup pair as my favourite iems now are nm2+ and fdx1.
Very huge price difference, hence in terms of technical performance, it is not on similar level. I personally enjoy D02 upper midrange more. As a backup pair for its price, sure.

Sep 30, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #32,022 of 33,689
Is anything considered as a step up from the starfields?
I actually think it's a pretty awesome iem, but is just lacking a little bit of bass drum. Something like the gr07's bass, but with the midrange of the starfield!

Sep 30, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #32,023 of 33,689
Is anything considered as a step up from the starfields?
I actually think it's a pretty awesome iem, but is just lacking a little bit of bass drum. Something like the gr07's bass, but with the midrange of the starfield!
I have the Starfield and like it's sound, but do agree the Bass does not have enough impact for me. The IEM with the Starfield flavour, but with a dose more, good bass, is the iBasso it00. Same sound family, organic without glare, but with the it00, more impact.

Sep 30, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #32,024 of 33,689
I really, really wantred that ibasso it00, but it does not ship to my country, even using amazon!

Any other chifi recommendation?

Sep 30, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #32,025 of 33,689
I really, really wantred that ibasso it00, but it does not ship to my country, even using amazon!

Any other chifi recommendation?
- ISN D02
- NF Audio NA2
- UrbanFun YBF (has QC concerns though)
- FiiO FH3 (recent QC concerns though)

Note, I haven’t heard the Starfield, but can easily recommend the above IEMs based on their sound. They all have good bass, that’s punchy and percussive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back