Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 1, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #31,201 of 33,689
How do you know this information? How to tell them apart? Which one is better, early or later release?
KopiOKaya said that they are using a different driver.

I believe that @baskingshark had the link for when he said that.

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #31,202 of 33,689
KopiOKaya said that they are using a different driver.

I believe that @baskingshark had the link for when he said that.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/audioreviews/permalink/4086027534770860/

This is the link, just scroll down the comments section re oxygen drivers.

Anyway hope your Hana comes soon @RikudouGoku ! Thanks for taking one for the team. I think your's might be the first western review of the Hana!

It seems pretty well received in China so far: this link has some impressions of their China version of canjam for the Hana: https://s.weibo.com/weibo/tanchjim%20hana?topnav=1&wvr=6&b=1 (just google translate). It looks super beautiful for sure, though I'm not sure about the short nozzle (brings me nightmares of the BLON BL-03's fit!!!)

Jul 1, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #31,203 of 33,689
.... I'm not sure about the short nozzle (brings me nightmares of the BLON BL-03's fit!!!)

Short nozzles don’t really concern me anymore, especially when they have a good lip on the end of the nozzles, like the BL03 and O2 have. I just use either Final Audio Type E tips (narrow bore) or Sedna Earfits (wide bore). The stiff rubbery cores clamp on really tight to IEM nozzles. They clamp on to the end of the short nozzles, right were the lip is, and effectively extend the nozzles. Plus both of those ear tips come in several sizes.

Jul 2, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #31,204 of 33,689
What is the use of money if you can't spend it :D
... and lip to lip it murmured," Drink, for once dead you never shall return" (Omar Khyyam)

Jul 2, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #31,205 of 33,689
LOL I just discovered the most hilarious thing ever 😂😂

I went on Taobao and looked up Urbanfun HiFI and this was the title:

BqTCk9u.png

And this ain't even a translation error, they literally wrote the Chinese character for c*ck (屌) in the title 😂🤣

Now I wonder if this is secretly the real name for Urbanfun HiFI XD

And BTW the Chinese name for Urbanfun (耳奔放) is actually pronounced in the same way as it is in English.

Jul 2, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #31,206 of 33,689
https://www.facebook.com/groups/audioreviews/permalink/4086027534770860/

This is the link, just scroll down the comments section re oxygen drivers.

Anyway hope your Hana comes soon @RikudouGoku ! Thanks for taking one for the team. I think your's might be the first western review of the Hana!

It seems pretty well received in China so far: this link has some impressions of their China version of canjam for the Hana: https://s.weibo.com/weibo/tanchjim%20hana?topnav=1&wvr=6&b=1 (just google translate). It looks super beautiful for sure, though I'm not sure about the short nozzle (brings me nightmares of the BLON BL-03's fit!!!)

And I thought I heard somewhere Chi-fi like spiky treble.

Jul 2, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #31,207 of 33,689
An IEM which I recommend more people to pay attention to (especially if you have a good source, or a variety of sources to play around with) - the KBEAR TRI i3

In short this is how I feel about it:
"Soundstage and imaging are the weapon of the TRI i3, I think few will be able to compete with it. Treble is clean, sub-bass is more prominent than mid-bass, and mids are leaning towards the warmer sound signature. I think the TRI i3 is an IEM more people should pay attention to, I find it far superior to some other IEM's I tried. It all depends on what you are looking for."

Or if anybody is interested to know how I feel about it in detail, you can give it a read here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tri-i3.24171/reviews#item-review-23896

11267885.jpg

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #31,208 of 33,689
An IEM which I recommend more people to pay attention to (especially if you have a good source, or a variety of sources to play around with) - the KBEAR TRI i3

"Soundstage and imaging are the weapon of the TRI i3, I think few will be able to compete with it. Treble is clean, sub-bass is more prominent than mid-bass, and mids are leaning towards the warmer sound signature. I think the TRI i3 is an IEM more people should pay attention to, I find it far superior to some other IEM's I tried. It all depends on what you are looking for."

Or if anybody is interested to know how I feel about it in detail, you can give it a read here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tri-i3.24171/reviews#item-review-23896
I am curious how the Tin P1 garnered so much discussion and notoriety, while the Tri i3 has not been talked about much. They have a very different tuning, but the hybrid nature of the i3 address the major shortcomings of the P1. Is it just because the P1 was more novel when it was released, and the hype train gained momentum quickly?

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #31,209 of 33,689
@voja, gave you a TU in your other posting (sub $100 thread) . I think this is the better thread, considering the price tag, $170

Are you saying that for your personal tastes the KBear Tri i3 would not be a top pick, but others might like the sound signature ?

...I wasn't disappointed, though I wish it had the sparkle and better punch + weight for mid-bass....

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #31,210 of 33,689
I am curious how the Tin P1 garnered so much discussion and notoriety, while the Tri i3 has not been talked about much. They have a very different tuning, but the hybrid nature of the i3 address the major shortcomings of the P1. Is it just because the P1 was more novel when it was released, and the hype train gained momentum quickly?

I bought a TRI I3 at the last Aliexpress sale and it is a keeper set for me, great planar mids and nice soundstage (though it needs amping to truly shine). I haven't tried the P1, but as far as I know, TRI (the premium wing of KBEAR) didn't really give out a lot of review sets or aggressively market the TRI I3 in the west. The seller I bought it from said they were concentrating the marketing of the TRI I3 more in Japan and Korea, and they are selling like hotcakes there.

Also, I think one thing against the TRI I3 is that it is marketed in the $150ish price bracket which is entry midfi for CHIFI pricing, so lots of competition there, and definitely bigger hypetrains in that price bracket like ThieAudio Legacy 3, ISN H40 etc.

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #31,211 of 33,689
Hype is hype, the sheep will follow the sheep.. Can't do much about it.

That's why it's important to talk, speak up. If anybody else feels a type of way about the TRI i3, speak up. In terms of imaging and soundstage, is is FAR superior to the following IEM's I tried: Hifiman RE-600s V2 (this is a small DD so it's not a fair comparison, it also lacks the bottom end, RE-600s V2 is still a very spacious earphone), BGVP VG4, Audiosense AQ3. Unfortunately, I didn't get to compare it to KBEAR Diamond, but I can say that Jade Audio EA3 is not too far off (especially for its price) in terms of imaging. The EA3 has been my daily driver for the past 6 months, I learned to love it's sound, weight, comfort, and damn.. that soundstage.

Are you saying that for your personal tastes the KBear Tri i3 would not be a top pick, but others might like the sound signature ?
Not particularly. I really love the KBEAR TRI i3, I really couldn't find a single IEM which was able to produce the thump in Arctic Monkey's "Do I Wanna Know?", that's where I fell in love with it. Only later did I realize the mind-blowing imaging and soundstage. It's hard to say exactly what my personal preference is, but I like to feel the treble (while not bein fatiguing) and to have a mid-bass which has punch and weight/body. Of course, other aspects such as sub-bass, soundstage, comfort, resolution and definition. Resolution and definition in particular, those two are what set sound performance apart.

Btw.. have to ask. Feel like a grandpa asking, but what does TU mean?

I bought a TRI I3 at the last Aliexpress sale and it is a keeper set for me, great planar mids and nice soundstage (though it needs amping to truly shine). I haven't tried the P1, but as far as I know, TRI (the premium wing of KBEAR) didn't really give out a lot of review sets or aggressively market the TRI I3 in the west. The seller I bought it from said they were concentrating the marketing of the TRI I3 more in Japan and Korea, and they are selling like hotcakes there.

Also, I think one thing against the TRI I3 is that it is marketed in the $150ish price bracket which is entry midfi for CHIFI pricing, so lots of competition there, and definitely bigger hypetrains in that price bracket like ThieAudio Legacy 3, ISN H40 etc.
Yes, I also didn't see much marketing for the TRI i3, but I did see it for KB04. I guess I'm lucky that Mr. Bairon had the trust in me with the TRI i3 and sent it free of charge. Sourcing is a pain in the bumb.. seriously, to find something which brings the life out of the TRI i3 is pretty hard. I still haven't come across one, but those who have expensive and high-quality sourcers. Give the TRI i3 a chance

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #31,213 of 33,689

That's why it's important to talk, speak up. If anybody else feels a type of way about the TRI i3, speak up. In terms of imaging and soundstage, is is FAR superior to the following IEM's I tried: Hifiman RE-600s V2 (this is a small DD so it's not a fair comparison, it also lacks the bottom end, RE-600s V2 is still a very spacious earphone), BGVP VG4, Audiosense AQ3. Unfortunately, I didn't get to compare it to KBEAR Diamond, but I can say that Jade Audio EA3 is not too far off (especially for its price) in terms of imaging. The EA3 has been my daily driver for the past 6 months, I learned to love it's sound, weight, comfort, and damn.. that soundstage.

Not particularly. I really love the KBEAR TRI i3, I really couldn't find a single IEM which was able to produce the thump in Arctic Monkey's "Do I Wanna Know?", that's where I fell in love with it. Only later did I realize the mind-blowing imaging and soundstage. It's hard to say exactly what my personal preference is, but I like to feel the treble (while not bein fatiguing) and to have a mid-bass which has punch and weight/body. Of course, other aspects such as sub-bass, soundstage, comfort, resolution and definition. Resolution and definition in particular, those two are what set sound performance apart.

Yes, I also didn't see much marketing for the TRI i3, but I did see it for KB04. I guess I'm lucky that Mr. Bairon had the trust in me with the TRI i3 and sent it free of charge. Sourcing is a pain in the bumb.. seriously, to find something which brings the life out of the TRI i3 is pretty hard. I still haven't come across one, but those who have expensive and high-quality sourcers. Give the TRI i3 a chance
TU: thumbs up/like

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #31,214 of 33,689

Yeah, I count the TRI I3 along the top sets I own like the IMR Rah, fearless S8f and RHA CL2 and thie L3 (all I've actually paid full price). I actually listen to it the most right now of any of my pairs.

The only other one in my personal top tier near this price is the thie L3 and that's just such a unique sound that I think more people would prefer the I3. Basically, it's an incredible pair period, regardless of the cost. BGGAR doesn't believe in burn in, and I think that review might have permanently sunk it from being widely popular. Dude has a lot of influence.

Jul 2, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #31,215 of 33,689

Those small planars seem to all be very power hungry. The P1 also needs lots of power. The P1 and i3 cost the same, despite all of the extra technology in the i3. I guess it did come down to initial hype, and as you said, the lack of marketing of the i3 in the western markets. The thing about hype is that it doesn’t last unless it’s a great product, so the i3 has much better staying power, and ultimate sales potential. Plus, the bigger the hype, the bigger the backlash if it doesn’t live up to expectations. I don’t hear anything about the P1 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back