Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 25, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #30,542 of 33,689
Apr 25, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #30,543 of 33,689
sell everything but the best earphone you got, you will feel better

Different earphones are better at different things.
In my collection - some are better at big Sound Stage, some are better at big Bass, and some are thin and better for Sleeping. :ksc75smile:

Apr 25, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #30,545 of 33,689
too much stuff and getting more, always searching, it will get you to nowhere, come to the dark side - minimalism
less is more, it is just a advice, i was like him before

Eating the same food everyday or reading the same book over and over isn't everyone's thing. :wink:

Apr 25, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #30,547 of 33,689
too much stuff and getting more, always searching, it will get you to nowhere, come to the dark side - minimalism

Technically you don't don't even need any audio gear - no DAP, headphones, nothing. Just hum your favorite music, and you're all set!

Apr 25, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #30,548 of 33,689
Technically you don't don't even need any audio gear - no DAP, headphones, nothing. Just hum your favorite music, and you're all set!
Andy: I had Mr. Mozart to keep me company...[He points and taps his head] It was in here. [And he gestures over his heart] And in here. That's the beauty of music. They can't get that from you. Haven't you ever felt that way about music?...Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so we don't forget...that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone, that there's, there's somethin' inside that they can't get to, that they can't touch. It's yours.

Apr 25, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #30,549 of 33,689
I agree a little bit, that collecting and hoarding is more of a burden than it's worth, for example having more than 10 expensive ($200+) earphones at any given time is more of a burden on almost anyone than the joy of alternating them. Clutter is very damaging on the mind and sometimes hard to notice.

However, I think that frequently buying new IEMs/headphones that intrigue you with new technology, and selling older ones that did not make it into your personal top 5/top 10, is the key to having fun and enjoying this hobby.

Apr 25, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #30,550 of 33,689
I agree a little bit, that collecting and hoarding is more of a burden than it's worth, for example having more than 10 expensive ($200+) earphones at any given time is more of a burden on almost anyone than the joy of alternating them. Clutter is very damaging on the mind and sometimes hard to notice.

However, I think that frequently buying new IEMs/headphones that intrigue you with new technology, and selling older ones that did not make it into your personal top 5/top 10, is the key to having fun and enjoying this hobby.

To each his own really, I'm not like that but I'm glad others are as it makes it possible for me by buying 2nd hand to have a bigger collection than my budget would otherwise allow.

Apr 25, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #30,552 of 33,689
The proper analogy is eating different foods with the same utensils. Reading different books with the same eyes. The IEM is not the content; music is.

Quite interesting analogy and discussion in general. I'd however not compare it with utensils per se, as utensils don't alter the taste of the food itself while IEMs can alter how a song should sound. Thus, I'd compare them with spices in the food. Depending on how much spice you add or subtract, you get a different taste altogether, and sometimes certain aspects come forth while others take a back seat. Just like some IEMs make your tracks bassy, while some suppress the mids somewhat.

Or maybe we are all just trying to explain our addictions haha

Apr 25, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #30,553 of 33,689
I’d say that minimalism is just as valid as materialism, collecting, hoarding, and everything in between.

Just like religions of the world, who’s to say that their way is right and everyone else’s way is wrong?

Maybe I have a massive collection of rare coins or artwork, because I’m using it as an investment asset?

Or maybe I don’t want to collect anything and live a minimalist lifestyle because I live in a micro home or camper or have anxiety/closterphobia issues about clutter?

No one can say one is right or one is wrong. We all have free will to do what makes us happy in our short time on this earth.

No matter what our personal philosophy is on the subject however, one thing is absolutely certain - you can’t take it with you when you leave this life.

Apr 25, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #30,554 of 33,689
I’d say that minimalism is just as valid as materialism, collecting, hoarding, and everything in between.

Just like religions of the world, who’s to say that their way is right and everyone else’s way is wrong?

Maybe I have a massive collection of rare coins or artwork, because I’m using it as an investment asset?

Or maybe I don’t want to collect anything and live a minimalist lifestyle because I live in a micro home or camper or have anxiety/closterphobia issues about clutter?

No one can say one is right or one is wrong. We all have free will to do what makes us happy in our short time on this earth.

No matter what our personal philosophy is on the subject however, one thing is absolutely certain - you can’t take it with you when you leave this life.
I don't think it's as relative as that. Materialism and consumerism has tangible and direct impact on the environment and the amount of finite resources extracted from the planet. Per capita resource extraction and energy extraction in the West is not currently sustainable if extended to the entire world population. Our individual choices have collective repercussions and all choices are not uniformly equal.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #30,555 of 33,689
Kodawari!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back