Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 23, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #30,511 of 33,689
Good morning friends,

considering that I bought my QKZ VK4 for 8,89€ (where 2 euros are the shippng costs) , I think this is the number one iem in the difference between the price and the quality of sound.
What´s the iem for you with the biggest difference between cheapest price and highest quality of sound?
KZ ATE (5th gen) / ATR @ 4$ :D

Apr 23, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #30,512 of 33,689
My top three Chi Fi under $60:
1. KZ BA10
2. Tin T3
3. TRN BA5

Apr 23, 2020 at 5:55 AM Post #30,513 of 33,689
Apr 23, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #30,514 of 33,689
Good morning friends,

considering that I bought my QKZ VK4 for 8,89€ (where 2 euros are the shippng costs) , I think this is the number one iem in the difference between the price and the quality of sound.
What´s the iem for you with the biggest difference between cheapest price and highest quality of sound?
Yea, i agree with @baskingshark on mh755. They are really good for their price. Even better than their more expensive brother like the ex155ap series that i have. Pretty surprised when I A/B ing them

Apr 23, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #30,520 of 33,689
Good morning friends,

KZ ED9 at $7-8 and EDR1 at $3 two of the most bang for buck iems I have had. Sadly lost both of them on my travels but both punch way above their weight for what you pay.

Apr 23, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #30,521 of 33,689
KZ ED9 at $7-8 and EDR1 at $3 two of the most bang for buck iems I have had. Sadly lost both of them on my travels but both punch way above their weight for what you pay.

Fonge T01 is also good for the extreme budget price range ($2ish range).

Apr 23, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #30,522 of 33,689
Doing an A/B with all BA sets using Knowles versus Bellsings, what immediately strikes me is that the Knowles signature sound is somewhat smoother and cleaner. More rounded and less harsh than Bellsings. In general, timbre for acoustic instruments is slightly better on Knowles, but won't be as legit as pure DD setups.

Well this is just subjective, as the above areas can't be measured, and I've audiophile friends who like Bellsings more than Knowles. In fact in terms of technicalities, sometimes I find Bellsings are clearer in details than Knowles, so maybe it is not the driver brand but the implementation and tuning that is of more importance.

Whatever the case, Knowles is in the midst of a lawsuit against Bellsing for alleged copying: https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/cxqlje/knowles_files_claim_with_us_trade_commission_to/

Probably the coronavirus is delaying the lawsuit proceedings, but it seems a few TOTL companies even use Bellsings in their gear according to this lawsuit, so their audio engineers must recognize that Bellsings ain't too shabby (though saving costs by using Bellsings is probably another factor).
Morals aside, Bellsing is one of the reasons why we can get such affordable multi driver BA/hybrids the past few years in CHIFI. Previously a multi BA Westone would be costing upwards of $250, a single BA Westone would be $100 at least.
Very good points!
(and too much to respond)

First, I do want to thank you for introducing me to Hisenior. The ordering was definitely an instructive experience, hopefully the result will be as well - my request was to create least dampened, most treble rich IEM (on top of an understandably midcentric designs) , similar to AS16 :)

Very briefly for other points:

- I remember Bellsing/Knowles story was discussed here and read more;

- I believe that the rise/decay times to evaluate transuders' response can be perfectly measured; definitely Knowles are more dampened to mitigate unwanted resonances;

- In my limited experience, undampened BAs are the closest to reproduce strings; DDs are naturally the best for drums.

Apr 23, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #30,524 of 33,689
Hey guys! Hope everyone's safe and doing well. Here is my review of the new and updated BGVP VG4. I had a small role to play in BGVP updating the tuning. It's all there in the Preamble. Happy reading and let me know if you have any questions for me! Cheers! :D

VG4 Collage.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back