Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 29, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #28,786 of 33,689
Oh my god I want them. I listen to lots of EDM.
I ordered the TFZ #3 because it supposedly has nice bass. but I don’t know if it’s as much as your graph is showing wow.
can you imagine some nice powerful drum and bass on those. Wow!!!

TFZ No. 3 is my go to basshead IEM for EDM. There are definitely bassier sets out there but the No. 3 has quite good instrument separation/clarity/details for a single DD (best of the single DDs I own). So it is quite good for electronic music IMHO, especially if there are some complex instrumentation or competing intrumentation in the music. With EQ, the TFZ No. 3 can really give jaw rattling headache inducing bass LOL.

I would have considered this set @1clearhead is recommending, but for the non detachable cable. Had a few sets die on me at the cable insertion area, so gotta pass on it unless it's something cheap like a Sony MH755. But it does look super basshead from the FR!

Nov 29, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #28,787 of 33,689
TFZ No. 3 is my go to basshead IEM for EDM. There are definitely bassier sets out there but the No. 3 has quite good instrument separation/clarity/details for a single DD (best of the single DDs I own). So it is quite good for electronic music IMHO, especially if there are some complex instrumentation or competing intrumentation in the music. With EQ, the TFZ No. 3 can really give jaw rattling headache inducing bass LOL.

I would have considered this set @1clearhead is recommending, but for the non detachable cable. Had a few sets die on me at the cable insertion area, so gotta pass on it unless it's something cheap like a Sony MH755. But it does look super basshead from the FR!

you know I was wondering about the DD of the #3. it says it has 2 magnets. 2 coils. And 2 cavities.
sort of like having 2 DDs put tother. I wonder if that’s what it has? Maybe a single unit. But made from 2 DDs?
Hmmmm I wonder. I’m glad you say it has nice bass. Because that’s why I ordered it. For my EDM fixation. Lol

Nov 29, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #28,788 of 33,689
Because. I don’t think I can stop. Lol.
I just placed an order for CCA C10’s. They were on sale on eBay for 28$ with mic. Purple color. Oh my god why?!?!?!
Because the C10 is an awesome IEM, that's why. :p Not crazy detailed, not crazy bass or treble or what not, just generally good and satisfying. ^-^ If I had to winnow my small-but-slowly-growing IEM collection that would be one of the very last ones to go...

Nov 29, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #28,789 of 33,689

You'll be surprised how super clear they sound, yet with the smooth very low non-intrusive sub-bass and the incredible micro-details it provides, they really sound extreme! With the right person here in China, I might just get the cables done and make them detachable!

Nov 29, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #28,790 of 33,689
So I was a little lost during 11/11. I'd previously bought a couple of Blon 03's and felt totally satisfied with their subjectively absorbing and pleasing sound. Still as most in this hobby my IEM finger was itchy, but how do you better what seems to be the best? Over the past couple of years I was a Tin HiFi man and later a Budman, but the Blon's were better to me. So finger ready I went out searching for a pretty looking, single, unattatched IEM. The answer came rather quickly in a mail from Linsoul. Reduced price.......Semkarch CNT1 $39. I couldn't find a graph for them, so based on @FastAndClean review I took a chance and my finger pressed the button. Now after a week of listening I can say these have a similarity to the Blon 03. I can listen all day. They have a firmer more well extended bass than the Blon's, with no bleed at all, fairly forward mids and vocals. Highs are good, not the most detailed, but do organically support the whole stage. Like the Blon's there is something magical about these. Sad that they are being sold off. If you can get a cheap pair they stand up to the best, particularly with the gold filter. Does anybody have the graph of the CNT1?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #28,792 of 33,689
So I was a little lost during 11/11. I'd previously bought a couple of Blon 03's and felt totally satisfied with their subjectively absorbing and pleasing sound. Still as most in this hobby my IEM finger was itchy, but how do you better what seems to be the best? Over the past couple of years I was a Tin HiFi man and later a Budman, but the Blon's were better to me. So finger ready I went out searching for a pretty looking, single, unattatched IEM. The answer came rather quickly in a mail from Linsoul. Reduced price.......Semkarch CNT1 $39. I couldn't find a graph for them, so based on @FastAndClean review I took a chance and my finger pressed the button. Now after a week of listening I can say these have a similarity to the Blon 03. I can listen all day. They have a firmer more well extended bass than the Blon's, with no bleed at all, fairly forward mids and vocals. Highs are good, not the most detailed, but do organically support the whole stage. Like the Blon's there is something magical about these. Sad that they are being sold off. If you can get a cheap pair they stand up to the best, particularly with the gold filter. Does anybody have the graph of the CNT1?

Ya the CNT1 is one of my favourite DD chifi. It is more basshead than BLON with black filters. I heard the LZ A6 filters are compatible with it too. It's timbre and tonality is not as good as the BLON IMHO but it's a non fatiguing listen with no weird peaks/troughs on the CNT1. I use it to sleep some days.

I said this before, but if I had discovered the CNT1 before I purchased the TFZ no. 3, i would have skipped the latter. At the original $95 price there's better stuff out there like the toneking ninetails. But at the current 30 - 40 usd firesale prices, it's a steal.

Nov 29, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #28,793 of 33,689
Ya the CNT1 is one of my favourite DD chifi. It is more basshead than BLON with black filters. I heard the LZ A6 filters are compatible with it too. It's timbre and tonality is not as good as the BLON IMHO but it's a non fatiguing listen with no weird peaks/troughs on the CNT1. I use it to sleep some days.

I said this before, but if I had discovered the CNT1 before I purchased the TFZ no. 3, i would have skipped the latter. At the original $95 price there's better stuff out there like the toneking ninetails. But at the current 30 - 40 usd firesale prices, it's a steal.

You're a black filter basshead....a good thing. I haven't had a chance to really check out those black filters much yet. I always used to like the way Sade used to use bass in her music. Although I have many full headphones that can mimic the bass for me, there are only a few IEMs that can do it. The TFZ No 3s maybe? But still no in ear experience touches the bass from good speakers in a fairly unfurnished, sound compatible room. I like the visceral bass thump in the Solar Plexus Chakra of good speakers. No in-earphone can do that, so it will always be a missing factor for me although the Blon's compensate somewhat with their musical sound full of timbre and soulfulness.

Nov 29, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #28,794 of 33,689
Maybe I shall take the oppoty to grab the Blons as well, and figure that out for myself :p annotation and driams as it were

Pray tell, might anybody have thoughts about the TFZ T2 Galaxy? They look pretty great too.

I have the Blon and Hibiscus, the Blon-03 have a longer decay tonality. Hibiscus are better for faster music. Blon are better for classical.

Soundstage is better on the Hibiscus, probably expected with its better treble.

Oh and Faaeal's gimmick claim about their isolation design for the Hibiscus is substantial, they isolate better between the two.

Hibiscus is sensitive so can stick to the amazing 3.5mm cable given. No reason to go balanced. Both iems are 2pin.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #28,795 of 33,689
My 11.11 items had left the custom since 2 days ago but until now there is no single update of my package till now, idk what to say. The post service here is sucks.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #28,796 of 33,689
You're a black filter basshead....a good thing. I haven't had a chance to really check out those black filters much yet. I always used to like the way Sade used to use bass in her music. Although I have many full headphones that can mimic the bass for me, there are only a few IEMs that can do it. The TFZ No 3s maybe? But still no in ear experience touches the bass from good speakers in a fairly unfurnished, sound compatible room. I like the visceral bass thump in the Solar Plexus Chakra of good speakers. No in-earphone can do that, so it will always be a missing factor for me although the Blon's compensate somewhat with their musical sound full of timbre and soulfulness.

Yeah I'm a basshead LOL. Though even when the Semkarch is used with black filters, the TFZ no. 3 to me still has more subbass extension and quantity. But the Semkarch takes well to EQ so if u wanna get a thumping jaw rattling bass, it can be done.

The gold filters on the Semkarch decrease the bass and increase the treble and makes it more neutralish sounding. Though I personally find with gold filters, the Semkarch sounds a bit like the usual budget CHIFI multi BA/hybrid sets with a bit of a "steely" artificial timbre in the higher registers. YMMV. I gotta get myself some LZ filters one day to put on the Semkarch to try it out.

Nov 29, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #28,797 of 33,689
Thinking to get bgvp dm6 instead of T800 after reconsidering, as i can get the dm6 at my local store here just for $140. Or Should I wait for newer products?
Dm6 is not that good anymore there are better products like kxxs or t800

Nov 29, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #28,798 of 33,689
My 11.11 items had left the custom since 2 days ago but until now there is no single update of my package till now, idk what to say. The post service here is sucks.
I got 3 items but 12 are still stuck at customs thats pretty normal for 11

Nov 29, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #28,799 of 33,689
Dm6 is not that good anymore there are better products like kxxs or t800
Different price range tho, T800. Also I never think of getting Kxxs, I'll be waiting for the moondrop starfield instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back