Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 18, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #28,471 of 33,689
So my only purchase from the 11/11 show will be here in a couple of days the SEMKARCH SKC-CNT1 via Linsoul. I am half expecting to enjoy but a bit wary that they won't live up to expectations. What will it be?
they have amazing bass control, very tight and punchy, a treat for electronic music

Nov 18, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #28,473 of 33,689
LOL, doing a little fishin' are ya:rolling_eyes: In addition to your nice MMCX connector work your tuning mods sound excellent and I love the more open mids on the 750's. I'm still confused at whoever made the comment the 755's were bright:open_mouth: I don't believe I've ever owned a bright sounding pair of Sony anythings:confused: The high region lift in these black ones make them one of the best sub $100 plastic shelled iem's I've ever listened too and I've listened to at least one other pair of iems:thinking: Probably just me here but I think all three of them look killer:grin:

Haha, yes a little bit of fishing :)

When totally stock, I personally prefer the MH755. But once modded, the MH750 shows its true potential. The work involved is well worth the effort.

I forget who said it, but a while ago someone said that the “mids are where the music lives”. They’re totally right, and it’s a crime that so many headphones are tuned with mids that are closed in and recessed into the overall mix.

Nov 18, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #28,474 of 33,689
I'm somewhat in between. I do think that the **** isn't the most natural sounding IEM I've heard, but it's also not way off to my ears. I admit that genres like jazz and classical are not the main genres I listen to, but even when I have listened to those genres I didn't find the **** to be way off or to sound bad, per se. But I do agree they don't sound as natural as some of my other IEMs. Honestly, I think the Sony MH755 still probably has some of the most natural timbre to me, but I'm sure not everyone agrees.

I think it's something about the tuning in the treble region of the **** that isn't to some people's liking. To my ears the **** Pro does have somewhat more natural timbre. Maybe similar to the ZSX compared to the ZS10 Pro. But I can't guarantee you'll hear it the same way. We all hear things somewhat differently. I think that all the reviewers who rated it very highly were people who didn't think the timbre was way off.
It was so bad for me with ****, that I actually thought that my pair was buggy...
But i can understand why some people like it. Clarity, detail and stage are very good on ****.
My personal problem with those was, that the upper range on the songs that I usually listen to (mostly Rock), didn't sound like anything on any of my other IEMs/Cans or Boxes(LS 50). The way in which i perceived it, wasn't just "there is too much or too little treble", it sounded just plain wrong and "off" to me. (You know how something supposed to sound, since you listened to it hundred times and it sounded different on ****)

Few days ago I also stumbled upon Crinacle's Unboxing of ****:
https://crinacle.com/2019/03/12/****-****-unboxing/
His take on it:
"Tone accuracy ranges from “slightly off” to “completely out of whack”. Vocals seem to be relatively okay on the **** but I almost recoiled with disgust when saxophones kicked in."
This is pretty much how I saw those too.

But like I said, i see why some other people might like it.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #28,475 of 33,689
What about this style? It's better through earphones and DAP to get the bass,

it sound good with that, nice clean bass response, for me the mids and treble are good but the Blob is better, but i still love my Semckarchy
i just use them for electronic music only, other earphones with vocals and real instruments

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #28,476 of 33,689
it sound good with that, nice clean bass response, for me the mids and treble are good but the Blob is better, but i still love my Semckarchy
i just use them for electronic music only, other earphones with vocals and real instruments

The Blon's are my personal 'holy grail' IEM. I've been a bit lucky and got a couple of Blon 03's that hit the music bliss g-spot. Just hoping the allegedly bassier profile of the Semkarch is a good bass profile.

Nov 18, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #28,477 of 33,689
Few days ago I also stumbled upon Crinacle's Unboxing of ****:
https://crinacle.com/2019/03/12/****-****-unboxing/
His take on it:
"Tone accuracy ranges from “slightly off” to “completely out of whack”.

DECAC391-A4EB-44B2-9F9D-5F4E320B0A28.gif

Nov 18, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #28,479 of 33,689
Haha, yes a little bit of fishing :)

When totally stock, I personally prefer the MH755. But once modded, the MH750 shows its true potential. The work involved is well worth the effort.

I forget who said it, but a while ago someone said that the “mids are where the music lives”. They’re totally right, and it’s a crime that so many headphones are tuned with mids that are closed in and recessed into the overall mix.

Not that we don't (most) start losing our hearing as we get older and the only music I believe people hear anymore is bass thump (that right there is sure to start a fire storm here)! But at the same time I feel many lose the ability to ward off ultra high notes (better known as the sizzle for long time KZ complainers) and then everything is too much treble:rolling_eyes: I do and always have felt the music is in the Mids (Most can't disagree the vocals do anyway) but many as we age only get the Boom Boom anymore which is sad but such is aging:unamused: I'm going with Little Red Riding Hood on this one as the 750's with Slater MMCX & tuning Mods are JUST RIGHT:beerchug:

Nov 18, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #28,480 of 33,689
20191118_185238.jpg
20191118_185138.jpg

Got my Azla Earfits today.

For me as a person who needs 14- 14.5mm tips it is hard to find a good seal i was sticking to In Air 2 Foam tips but they get the highs and lows blurry and a clean sound is importand for me i was not really happy.

Now whit the Earfits every thing sounds so clean and accurate thight bass crispy highs. Iam so satified now. I can go + 15 db as my usually listen volume. I am so satisfied. Now my gear sound worth its money. I was getting good Amp\Dacs and good IEMs and was thinking no that can it not be there is somthing missing. Yes it sounds better then my old non audiophile stuff but not that much not worth its money somthing that sounds that better should cost 50 dollars not 300 dollars.

And it was just the tips. I was just able to wear spiral dots and they sound blurry like foam too. Ok thats good when you are sensitive but not me i was looking for a clean accurate cirspy punchy energetic sound.

Now it came all togheter and i can enjoy music again after 1 year of messing around.

ps. I think i dip my self in a few months in the 1k dollar iem range

Nov 18, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #28,481 of 33,689

For me as a person who needs 14- 14.5mm tips it is hard to find a good seal i was sticking to In Air 2 Foam tips but they get the highs and lows blurry and a clean sound is importand for me i was not really happy.

Now whit the Earfits every thing sounds so clean and accurate thight bass crispy highs. Iam so satified now. I can go + 15 db as my usually listen volume. I am so satisfied. Now my gear sound worth its money. I was getting good Amp\Dacs and good IEMs and was thinking no that can it not be there is somthing missing. Yes it sounds better then my old non audiophile stuff but not that much not worth its money somthing that sounds that better should cost 50 dollars not 300 dollars.

And it was just the tips. I was just able to wear spiral dots and they sound blurry like foam too. Ok thats good when you are sensitive but not me i was looking for a clean accurate cirspy punchy energetic sound.

Now it came all togheter and i can enjoy music again after 1 year of messing around.

nice tips and two beasts of a earphones

Nov 18, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #28,482 of 33,689
Nov 18, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #28,483 of 33,689

I'm like you..big ears. Been trying to find XL tips. Saw a amazon UK seller who suddenly adverises XL tips
6 Pairs - Black, Earphones Plus Brand Replacement XtraLarge
6 Pairs - Black, Earphones Plus Brand Replacement Ear Tips X Large

So I ordered some on Prime for tomorrow. Maybe they will genuinely be XL. I doubt it though.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #28,484 of 33,689
Does the shock only occur when the device that's driving the earphones is plugged into a mains powered charger?
I have my DAP plugged in about 95% of the time, so probably. But haven't had this with any other pair. I haven't had it happen in a while now, and also started a new medication, so who knows....

The Blon's are my personal 'holy grail' IEM. I've been a bit lucky and got a couple of Blon 03's that hit the music bliss g-spot. Just hoping the allegedly bassier profile of the Semkarch is a good bass profile.
I love this post, it is a perfect example of our collective insanity

"I've found the holy Grail!"
".....Hmmm, I wonder if there is a holier Grail out there, better order 8 more pairs to find out".

Nov 18, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #28,485 of 33,689
I pulled the trigger on Faaeal Hibiscus, let's see if it will be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back