Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 19, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #27,526 of 33,689
Oct 19, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #27,527 of 33,689
Btw, does this site have a dedicated thread for those who wanted to post pictures of their most beautiful looking IEM? :D

That first link is not a dedicated thread for that... it is quite different...although of course you are welcome to join in with whatever is going on. . The second one that crabdog posted is a dedicated thread for pictures.

Oct 19, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #27,529 of 33,689
How do the Blon 01 and 03 compare? Is the body weight the same? The fit? The shape?

Apples and oranges. They are a similar weight but a totally different shape. Fit isn't great with stock tips on either (though the later 03 with the black bag may be different) but most aftermarket tips fit fine. 01 is worn down, 03 up. 03 has a removable cable, 01s is integrated. Soundwise, too, they are different. The 01 is tuned more closely to a Tin T2 than the 03 which is much meatier. Sub bass isn't really a thing with the 01. It's not light (even with a phone as a source it goes as deep and has as much punch as a Tin T2 on an amplifier).
The 03 has a bigger soundstage. The 01 has a better soundstage and separation (except for a bit of confusion between bass guitar and bass drum - though this has improved no end with burn in, it is still there a little).
Timbre is roughly equal on both units, pretty much bang on with instruments I know well.
The 01 has more tonal consistency to my ears and seems to have a little more detail though this could be the more treble-oriented tuning of the 01. The 03 presents music as a whole slightly better.
I tend to use my 01 more because I can just plug it into a phone and enjoy the music. The 03 sounds at its best on the end of an amp. It's picky about tips. I mean, it's glorious and my favourite IEM of all. But just as I won't always listen to vinyl when I want to listen to music, often the simplicity of the 01 "experience" beats the "better" 03 hands down.

Oct 19, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #27,530 of 33,689
Once you reshape the cable, how well do they still fit the KZs (ie ZSX, C12, ZSN, ZS10 Pro, etc)?

I assume they’ll still fit fine, but might be a little loose.
No idea. From the ones you mentioned I only have the ZSN, but it's tucked away in its box, waiting to be sold.

Oct 19, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #27,531 of 33,689
CNT1 is one of my favorites, it has incredible bass control, unmatched by my other dynamic earphones, the bass is not only the fastest and tightest, it is very dynamic as well, when you have amazing control with high dynamic range it can wow you on some tracks like nothing else, i use mine with 5db bass boost under 60hz and with that it is the most impressive earphone for electronic music that i have

Yes, exactly. Try it with Tubular Bells (remastered), where it shines above my other IEMs:

I definitely notice the dynamic advantages of the CNT-1 on certain tracks. And the bass goes deeper than most. Even though bass is of middling importance here, the Interstellar Docking Scene [SPOILERS] is simply better on the CNT-1 than most of my Chi-Fi IEMs, including the capable King Pro:

Honestly, the CNT-1 is making me more sensitive to 'artificial' tuning on my other IEMs. I thought I was more of a BA guy than DD, but it's kind of all-for-nought if the tuning's off. So there's an argument to search for a 'better' CNT-1, with substantial improvements in soundstage (width, since it's already deep), imaging, detail retrieval, and positioning.

Oct 19, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #27,532 of 33,689
I've said this already somewhere in this forum: for anything that uses a synthetic drums and bass, the Kanas is superior than the BL03. for acoustic drums and stringed bass sounds, the BL 03 would sound more natural while the Kanas sounded like being applied with another mastering compressor..it sounds cleaner, but slightly more compressed.. so I prefer the BL03 on that

The way you are describing the Kanas, being good with synthetic drums and bass, it might be good for certain prog. rock. What do you think? Kanas vs CNT-1 vs. TFZ No. 3, which is probably better? lol, you might not have tried them all.

BL-03 sounds like it would be best for music produced with traditional instruments.

Oct 19, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #27,533 of 33,689
yes, it might, especially those with "click-y" bass drums. it's fun to test both of them (the Kanas and Blon) on the same song, just to hear different aspects of the mix they accentuate.

unfortunately i haven't tried the CNT and No. 3 yet

Oct 19, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #27,534 of 33,689
Apples and oranges. They are a similar weight but a totally different shape. Fit isn't great with stock tips on either (though the later 03 with the black bag may be different) but most aftermarket tips fit fine. 01 is worn down, 03 up. 03 has a removable cable, 01s is integrated. Soundwise, too, they are different. The 01 is tuned more closely to a Tin T2 than the 03 which is much meatier. Sub bass isn't really a thing with the 01. It's not light (even with a phone as a source it goes as deep and has as much punch as a Tin T2 on an amplifier).
The 03 has a bigger soundstage. The 01 has a better soundstage and separation (except for a bit of confusion between bass guitar and bass drum - though this has improved no end with burn in, it is still there a little).
Timbre is roughly equal on both units, pretty much bang on with instruments I know well.
The 01 has more tonal consistency to my ears and seems to have a little more detail though this could be the more treble-oriented tuning of the 01. The 03 presents music as a whole slightly better.
I tend to use my 01 more because I can just plug it into a phone and enjoy the music. The 03 sounds at its best on the end of an amp. It's picky about tips. I mean, it's glorious and my favourite IEM of all. But just as I won't always listen to vinyl when I want to listen to music, often the simplicity of the 01 "experience" beats the "better" 03 hands down.
Okay, why did you go on and write something that good about the BL01? Now, I'm going to end up buying a pair! :sweat_smile: ...The flow of cash comes and goes!

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #27,535 of 33,689
I just want to ask if you guys have any preferred iems for listening to ambient, space genres. All and any input would be welcome.

Thanks

Oct 20, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #27,536 of 33,689
I just want to ask if you guys have any preferred iems for listening to ambient, space genres. All and any input would be welcome.

Thanks
The Shuoer Tape is great for for ambient stuff. Very clean sound with deep bass and above-average detail retrieval. Also the new Tipsy Dunmer Pro is ticking lots of boxes for me. Not sure what price range you're interested in though, both of those are between $100-200.

Oct 20, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #27,537 of 33,689
@loomisjohnson is taking on a crowdpleaser...

KZ ZSX .jpg

Oct 20, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #27,539 of 33,689

Thanks
Ambient and space music are two of my favourite genres. I find the KZ ZS7 very good here as it has a superb sub bass and creates excellent atmosphere. However I am currently testing the TRN V90 and it is shaping up really well. It has a similar sub bass but the treble is superior with its 30019 BAs which sound much more natural than the 30095 BAs. If detail is your thing, I would suggest the Tin T3 or TRI i4, and perhaps also the CCA C12 although that has a bit too much emphasis in the upper mids/lower treble, in which respect it resembles the ZS10 Pro. I hope this helps!

Oct 20, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #27,540 of 33,689
The Shuoer Tape is great for for ambient stuff. Very clean sound with deep bass and above-average detail retrieval. Also the new Tipsy Dunmer Pro is ticking lots of boxes for me. Not sure what price range you're interested in though, both of those are between $100-200.
Tipsy Dunmer.. the name is so intriguing :D
My budget is between $100 - $150.. i hope i can stretch a little more.

Ambient and space music are two of my favourite genres. I find the KZ ZS7 very good here as it has a superb sub bass and creates excellent atmosphere. However I am currently testing the TRN V90 and it is shaping up really well. It has a similar sub bass but the treble is superior with its 30019 BAs which sound much more natural than the 30095 BAs. If detail is your thing, I would suggest the Tin T3 or TRI i4, and perhaps also the CCA C12 although that has a bit too much emphasis in the upper mids/lower treble, in which respect it resembles the ZS10 Pro. I hope this helps!
Thank you very much for your recommendations guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back