Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 14, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #27,421 of 33,689
Lol, those GuideRays are awesome.

Even if I have some candies to comparison right here now.
One thing I can say about the GuideRay is that for a change I didn't switch out the tips on them yet. Nor do I feel the need to. They are eminently comfortable as is out of the box. And yes, I really like the sound of them as well.

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #27,422 of 33,689
One thing I can say about the GuideRay is that for a change I didn't switch out the tips on them yet. Nor do I feel the need to. They are eminently comfortable as is out of the box. And yes, I really like the sound of them as well.
Yes, also I was pretty surprised by quality of tips and I'm using them. Build quality is nice too, comfortable as Fiio FA1.

I need some time to spend with GRz. Highs are on border of piercing, but it will probably disappears after some time of burning.
Great value for sure. Some ppl prefer that kind of tuning - from memory - IMR R2 has about the same highs.
Blons are also nice, but quality of sound depends to tips/seal. For me Sony silicone are perfect.

Both, BL-03 and GR could be easly selled as 300 usd earphones. If problematic CA IO (at beginning I liked them), FIIO FH7, Dunu Falcon-C, IMRs, Flc8s, Rhapsodio Orla or Oriolus Finshi can, why those can't?

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #27,423 of 33,689
Hi, Clear
I see you have both BL03 and LZ A6mini
Would you care to make a comparison?

BLON BL03 and LZ A6mini comparison stats:

The BL03 has an HD carbon nanotube graphene dynamic driver on each side, while the A6mini is a hybrid with its own advanced dynamic driver plus a 7 layer piezoelectric ceramic ultra-high driver. They both have an excellent low soothing sub-bass with rich low-end details, the A6mini has better MID/vocal and instrument details with a large and open soundstage, while the BL03 has more of a laid-back approach with excellent transparency with a touch of lusciousness and well-rounded soundstage. Both have superb hi-end details, but the A6mini takes it to another level with some of the best micro-details i've heard by far due to the piezoelectric ultra-high ceramic drivers.

Final Comments:

The dynamic drivers in the BL03 can only be described as superb and exceptional to the highest standard and definitely "bang for the buck"! ...While the A6mini has an openness and airiness, which I personally consider as one of the best I've heard with soaring top end micro-details for its new lower price!

Glad to compare...:thumbsup:

-Clear

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #27,424 of 33,689
...Just got my blon 03 and wow. I wasnt 100% buying the hypetrain that is here on headfi or even BGGARs video about it with the comparison to the KXXS but wow, all expectations was destroyed and beyond. I need to burn it in a few days until I confirm which one I like the most but so far it is a very even battle.

(I didnt try the stock cable and used this cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000009633191.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.27.11f1c137TJwv4g
and am using spinfits cp145 large)

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #27,425 of 33,689
I am getting a gift and I would greatly appreciate advice from people with listening experience on an entry level for primarily Death Metal, with a side of Synthwave. I don't know a lot about this topic but as I understand a fairly neutral like Tin2 would be great for Death Metal, however I need something with more bass or the Synthwave will sound thin.

The things that seem important based on the glossary: sub bass response, fast/snap/transient response, articulation, flat frequency and also maintaining clarity at higher volumes will be important, while isolation is not a specific concern.

Audiosense T180
KZ AS10
KZ BA10
KZ ZSX

My shortlist of ones that seem promising and are within my budget, have various reviews praising them for balance and mids that aren't recessed, but I'm less sure about the differences between them when it comes to the above word salad.

Of course I'd be open to other suggestions, like I can see the BLON is very popular right now but I'm not sure if it's as suitable to these specific guidelines and buying and trying a bunch of tips wouldn't be on the table.

Oct 15, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #27,427 of 33,689
I finally had time to fully digest the BQEYZ Spring 1. I had the trn v90 for a week before it arrived and while the V90 does a bunch of things right, sound wise the Spring 1 does more things right. I have to work backwards now and Trn v90 will get it’s day as well.

My first full review is up.

Oct 15, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #27,428 of 33,689
BLON BL03 and LZ A6mini comparison stats:

The BL03 has an HD carbon nanotube graphene dynamic driver on each side, while the A6mini is a hybrid with its own advanced dynamic driver plus a 7 layer piezoelectric ceramic ultra-high driver. They both have an excellent low soothing sub-bass with rich low-end details, the A6mini has better MID/vocal and instrument details with a large and open soundstage, while the BL03 has a more of a laid-back approach with excellent transparency with a touch of lusciousness and well-rounded soundstage. Both have superb hi-end details, but the A6mini takes it to another level with some of the best micro-details i've heard by far due to the piezoelectric ultra-high ceramic drivers.

Final Comments:

The dynamic drivers in the BL03 can only be described as superb and exceptional to the highest standard and definitely "bang for the buck"! ...While the A6mini has an openness and airiness, which I personally consider as one of the best I've heard with soaring top end micro-details for its new lower price!

Glad to compare...:thumbsup:

-Clear

Does it have a similar sound to the ****? Because I love that one. There's something special about its sound. Maybe it's
that piezoelectric driver. I don't have any other IEMs with that kind of driver to compare it to.

Oct 15, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #27,429 of 33,689
I finally had time to fully digest the BQEYZ Spring 1. I had the trn v90 for a week before it arrived and while the V90 does a bunch of things right, sound wise the Spring 1 does more things right. I have to work backwards now and Trn v90 will get it’s day as well.

My first full review is up.
The Spring1 is very good. Not being talked about too much with the Blon hysteria. It’s presentation shares BQEYZ DNA. I enjoy it’s effervescent quality. Not extremely thick, but spry on it’s feet. It has a very musical quality and is extremely good with delicate instruments. Sounds great louder.

Oct 15, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #27,430 of 33,689
...Just got my blon 03 and wow. I wasnt 100% buying the hypetrain that is here on headfi or even BGGARs video about it with the comparison to the KXXS but wow, all expectations was destroyed and beyond. I need to burn it in a few days until I confirm which one I like the most but so far it is a very even battle.

(I didnt try the stock cable and used this cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000009633191.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.27.11f1c137TJwv4g
and am using spinfits cp145 large)
Will look forward to your comparison with the KXXS

Oct 15, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #27,431 of 33,689
Does it have a similar sound to the ****? Because I love that one. There's something special about its sound. Maybe it's
that piezoelectric driver. I don't have any other IEMs with that kind of driver to compare it to.

I don't have the LZA6 Mini, but BLON BL03 is quite different in sound signature and tuning from ****.
BLON is very good at timbre and tonality and coherency, whereas the **** has quite bad timbre for acoustic instruments IMHO. I listen mostly to jazz, acoustic, classical and bigband and the **** is a no go for me, in fact I gave away my **** after I got the BLON.
But **** has better instrument separation, soundstage, clarity and details. Both are good sets for the price, I guess it depends on what genres u listen to and whether u are OCD about timbre and what sound signature u prefer.
BLON has a bigger quantity of midbass compared to the ****. But from what I recall, the **** seems to have bigger subbass than the BLONs.

Oct 15, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #27,432 of 33,689
I don't have the LZA6 Mini, but BLON BL03 is quite different in sound signature and tuning from ****.
BLON is very good at timbre and tonality and coherency, whereas the **** has quite bad timbre for acoustic instruments IMHO. I listen mostly to jazz, acoustic, classical and bigband and the **** is a no go for me, in fact I gave away my **** after I got the BLON.
But **** has better instrument separation, soundstage, clarity and details. Both are good sets for the price, I guess it depends on what genres u listen to and whether u are OCD about timbre and what sound signature u prefer.
BLON has a bigger quantity of midbass compared to the ****. But from what I recall, the **** seems to have bigger subbass than the BLONs.
**** is a no go for me too.... it just sounds very off to me.. very!

Oct 15, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #27,433 of 33,689
I still like my **** for it's unique signature and the capability to give excellent details from the piezoelectric drivers, but the A6mini are just in another level of pleasure and coherency with a broader soundstage, transparency, and hi-end details/micro-details that the **** can not display. With the BL03, the soothing lower sub-bass is downright better than the ****, and though they both sound slightly similar in the sense of transparency...the flow, clarity and balance has to go to the BL03. Micro-details are quite similar with the BL03 and the ****, which gets its help from the piezoelectric drivers. Personally, because of the uniqueness and differences of all three, I like them all!

-Clear

Oct 16, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #27,434 of 33,689
Will look forward to your comparison with the KXXS

So far everything he says are also the same as the things I hear. You might want to check out his comparison

Oct 16, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #27,435 of 33,689
Yesterday I used the **** for the first time since I got the BL-03 and personally I prefer the **** over the Blons by quite some margin. I agree that the **** has less midbass and more subbass. Even the **** is borderline too much midbass for me so the BL-03 is just too much for my preferences. That being said the Blon has better bass quality and a wider stage to my ears. Just my 2c and as already shown YMMV..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back