Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 21, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #24,526 of 33,689
Jun 21, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #24,527 of 33,689
Thanks for the input.

THe BCD IEMS come with a detachable cable? any other potential quality issues?

Fixed cable. I purchased a pair from Ebay seller. The pair I received that was not in correct phase and unfortunately not possible to recable it and fix this issue. So there might be some QC issues, well, yes, but then again what else to expect for the relative few $$. So if you buy a pair, ask them to check correct phasing before shipping them to you!

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #24,528 of 33,689
is it better than the regular TFZ NO.3? it uses the same driver
The No.3 is definitely more energetic sounding than the King III. The King III has a smoother presentation. It boils down to your preferences. Cheers! :)

Can you briefly compare the ikko OH10 to the TFZ No.3/No.3 Ti? Thanks in advance!
For the bass, No.3 Ti is fuller sounding with a weighted rumble while the OH10 has a more agile expression. The midrange of No.3 Ti is thicker sounding than the OH10 with more vocals presence. The treble on the OH10 is crispier with more sparkle than the No.3 Ti. The soundstage of No.3 Ti is bigger. Cheers! :)

Praise the new king of chi fi yesterday it was tin p1
May I suggest the real kings of chi fi for you - QDC Anole VX or Fearless Y2K-G10 :p

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #24,529 of 33,689
That's where mine came from - note 100% positive seller:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/332195504187?ul_noapp=true

I wonder what it will be next week?
Dunno what will happen next week, but for tomorrow only I recommend some pictures of the Moondrop Crescent.

BW2-800x445.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #24,530 of 33,689
This single BA IEM has me in a tizzy - the KBEAR F1. Granted, it was a sample, but at $35 it sounds amazing. The F1 seals like a mofo and looks badass too. Detailed, articulate and balanced top to bottom. The bass is taut and articulate, the midrange is lush and musical and the top end is clear and articulate without feeling splashy or bright. This one is a keeper boys, I can see this being an excellent commuting IEM and something to really isolate yourself with at home. From your loud significant other for example lol

edit: forgot the link lol https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000007931647.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.242f4c4dI3HQS9

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #24,532 of 33,689
Fixed cable. I purchased a pair from Ebay seller. The pair I received that was not in correct phase and unfortunately not possible to recable it and fix this issue. So there might be some QC issues, well, yes, but then again what else to expect for the relative few $$. So if you buy a pair, ask them to check correct phasing before shipping them to you!

I received my set of HiFi BCD X10 earphones in the mail today, and found that they were also mis-wired.
Fortunately, they're in-phase - but the wires going to the Tip and Ring1 of the 3.5mm TRRS plug are swapped - so Left is Right, and Right is Left. :ksc75smile:

Jun 22, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #24,533 of 33,689
I received my set of HiFi BCD X10 earphones in the mail today, and found that they were also mis-wired.
Fortunately, they're in-phase - but the wires going to the Tip and Ring1 of the 3.5mm TRRS plug are swapped - so Left is Right, and Right is Left. :ksc75smile:
I bet it was the same person soldering our two units, maybe it was his first day at work :) Anyhow, apparently there are some QC issues and maybe with more than the average 5% of units!

Jun 22, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #24,535 of 33,689

the problem is in phasing. problem in the chip near the button. I think there is a resistor or capacitor heated up there. the resistance increases and the phase is lost. if nothing is done an hour or two, the phases return to the previous 0 state. if there is a problem I think you need to cut a chip with a button.
the link above does it say 48 yuan ? thats less than a dollar USD.. are u sure?

I was looking for good hunters, not looking for images. I was the pioneer of this model. my supplier does not have such serious quality problems all 100% of the models correspond to the phase. this supplier sold me 12 packs at a price of 10 for 500 yuan. The current problem is not serious. the build quality is excellent as for $ 6. Engineering problem when designing a chip button. It is easily solved and, at first, the sound is even without phase shift. After overheating the chip (capacitor or resistor), the sound loses the phase. the problem is easily solved. you need to rest a couple of hours and everything returns to 0.

Jun 22, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #24,536 of 33,689
the problem is in phasing. problem in the chip near the button. I think there is a resistor or capacitor heated up there. the resistance increases and the phase is lost. if nothing is done an hour or two, the phases return to the previous 0 state. if there is a problem I think you need to cut a chip with a button.

I was looking for good hunters, not looking for images. I was the pioneer of this model. my supplier does not have such serious quality problems all 100% of the models correspond to the phase. this supplier sold me 12 packs at a price of 10 for 500 yuan. The current problem is not serious. the build quality is excellent as for $ 6. Engineering problem when designing a chip button. It is easily solved and, at first, the sound is even without phase shift. After overheating the chip (capacitor or resistor), the sound loses the phase. the problem is easily solved. you need to rest a couple of hours and everything returns to 0.

I'm having a hard time understanding everything you're saying but if you don't consider that a iem that needs some hours of rest every once in a while to perform normal is seriously flawed then good for you. I think most people will have a different perspective though.....

Jun 22, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #24,537 of 33,689
Jun 22, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #24,538 of 33,689
May I suggest the real kings of chi fi for you - QDC Anole VX or Fearless Y2K-G10 :p

They are more like the princess you will never get

Jun 22, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #24,539 of 33,689
the website is in japanese/chinese? i can't seem to register to purchase it? how do u do it?

You can use google translate. That part's easy enough when you get used to it. Just make sure they can ship to your country and that you have a payment method available for them.

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #24,540 of 33,689
That's where mine came from - note 100% positive seller:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/332195504187?ul_noapp=true

Dunno what will happen next week, but for tomorrow only I recommend some pictures of the Moondrop Crescent.

Okay, with the talk of counterfeits again, I want to check anew - are the hidden numbers on the tag supposed to be very hard to notice? They're less shiny than those on MH750's tag. Also, the tag freely moves on the wire and the black stuff around the wire on the tag rubs off after a while of use. Is this everyone's experience with their "originals"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back