Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 21, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #24,511 of 33,689

Mine is not bassy (you like more mid-bass than me), soundstage is actually pretty big, it and reproduced some
complex Beethoven nonets quite nicely (though bass increased and pushed the midrange somewhat back with amplification). Is yours authentic?

As mentioned at the start of the post, it's not mine, they were used for a brief period, and to take the impressions with a grain of salt. Sorry if you missed all that. Will bold next time to draw your attention. Should be authentic though since they purchased through the links provided by others who bought legit units. And, it was used with an amplifier so sure, we will say that explains the, uh...generous low end. Maybe I'm more sensitive to bass than you.

Back to the Sony MH755. In order to make sure I had not fallen victim to hype, I inquired with my "measuring department"/dollar-store audiophile co-blogger and he wired me this morning: "Listened again on the bus this morning. No midrange weirdness I can detect, other than some warmth deriving from the elevated bass" [he is extremely bass sensitive]. This Sony MH755 must be a nightmare for many bloggers as it comes without a box.

Lol! You are a spicy boy. Will agree that a bus is a great place to test sound quality. Nothing there that could affect anything. Apparently clearly outlined subjective impressions that sway from your thoughts irk you, and as usual you pick and choose segments here and there that support your agenda. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to your next review. As is, I'll stick with my summary; "...Overall somewhat forgettable but enjoyable enough for a generic, consumer friendly tune. Worth the ten bucks...".

Jun 21, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #24,514 of 33,689
the MH755 is bundled together with their Bluetooth dongles, not really something easily purchasable officially. Not something they can market "hey, buy our Bluetooth stuff, it has a really great earphone bundled together".
Well the bluetooth bundles were in normal retails stores in the US, and since consumer stuff was going the way of bluetooth that is what they came up-maybe they missed their mark. The sbh24/sbh56 is a couple of years old already if I am not mistaken. They could easily put this in a fancy barrel type shell made of shiny blingy heavy metal (color of choice for 2019 apparently) add detachable mmcx cables of braided fancy wires and sell it for more than the bluetooth kits were and people would buy it is what I meant. It appears Sony misjudged their market and ended up with lots of extra earphones without bluetooth adapters and just liquidated it...I am guessing because these things are everywhere.

The reason there are lots of fakes out there even before crin hyped it up is still a mystery.
true true, it doesn't appear the white ones were faked for some reason only the black colored ones which makes it even more strange. Someone fact check me if I am wrong on the white colored ones.

The fact that you need to buy an extension/mod it to be usable and be careful to avoid fakes is still why I can't recommend it to "normal" friends.

I would have no problem recommending it, buying the from the legit ebay vendors I have bought from, then telling them which cable to buy and offereing to modify it for them if they were into this sort of thing.

seeing as how his rating is based on "sound quality", it really drives home that preference doesn't necessarily correlate with how good something is. You can test a TOTL IEM and still hate it because its not your "preferred" sound sig.
I don't need to defend him, but I can also see that there is no set signature that dominates his list. Everyone has a bias, and it is very hard to remove that bias from observations.

Funny thing, if you look at the table, you can see the Shure SE846 above at usd$1k ranked the same as the measly usd$8 MH755. Tested both and I can't really tell you which I prefer. I do like the bass on the SE846 more though.
Yes indeed, paradox of choice. It is the reason we are all here some of us with way more IEM's than ears. Too many choices, too many to like. :D

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #24,515 of 33,689
Definitely the ikko OH10 no doubt. From my AB session, the OH10 stands out with its significantly bigger soundstage and fuller sound. Tested out of my S10 with Spotify tracks since not everyone owns a DAP. I hope this helps. Cheers! :)

Can you briefly compare the ikko OH10 to the TFZ No.3/No.3 Ti? Thanks in advance!

Jun 21, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #24,516 of 33,689
Definitely the ikko OH10 no doubt. From my AB session, the OH10 stands out with its significantly bigger soundstage and fuller sound. Tested out of my S10 with Spotify tracks since not everyone owns a DAP. I hope this helps. Cheers! :)
Praise the new king of chi fi yesterday it was tin p1

Jun 21, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #24,520 of 33,689
Well the bluetooth bundles were in normal retails stores in the US, and since consumer stuff was going the way of bluetooth that is what they came up-maybe they missed their mark. The sbh24/sbh56 is a couple of years old already if I am not mistaken. They could easily put this in a fancy barrel type shell made of shiny blingy heavy metal (color of choice for 2019 apparently) add detachable mmcx cables of braided fancy wires and sell it for more than the bluetooth kits were and people would buy it is what I meant. It appears Sony misjudged their market and ended up with lots of extra earphones without bluetooth adapters and just liquidated it...I am guessing because these things are everywhere.

true true, it doesn't appear the white ones were faked for some reason only the black colored ones which makes it even more strange. Someone fact check me if I am wrong on the white colored ones.

I would have no problem recommending it, buying the from the legit ebay vendors I have bought from, then telling them which cable to buy and offereing to modify it for them if they were into this sort of thing.

Sony doesn't do budget, especially one as "accidental" as the MH755. They have enough lineups in their audio products (the N3, M7, M9, even the Z1R), enough margins there without resorting to cheapo earbuds.

There are fake white ones, some reported that (not quite as easy to get white as fakes compare to black which is almost always fake). Reason there's a surplus is the usual, I suspect, which is manufacturing being dumped to China and the might of manufacturing just took over. I would suggest one theory is that some companies being contracted to manufacture it took the easy way out and just made fakes for Sony instead of the actual thing to cut cost.

Normal here means people who won't bother buying from ebay for stuff like this. Everyone else, ofc. I just suggest stuff easily purchasable from vendor sites locally. Modding it for them would suggest I want to go that extra hassle, lol. Maybe if I'm in the mood for some extra cash, selling off modded MH755.

Does there need to be a king? Will everyone agree?

easy, king of chifi is and always will be qdc until another brand dethrones it, which is awfully taking a long time. I still long for that 8sh

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #24,523 of 33,689
Delete

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #24,524 of 33,689
As mentioned at the start of the post, it's not mine, they were used for a brief period, and to take the impressions with a grain of salt. Sorry if you missed all that. Will bold next time to draw your attention. Should be authentic though since they purchased through the links provided by others who bought legit units. And, it was used with an amplifier so sure, we will say that explains the, uh...generous low end. Maybe I'm more sensitive to bass than you.

Lol! You are a spicy boy. Will agree that a bus is a great place to test sound quality. Nothing there that could affect anything. Apparently clearly outlined subjective impressions that sway from your thoughts irk you, and as usual you pick and choose segments here and there that support your agenda. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to your next review. As is, I'll stick with my summary; "...Overall somewhat forgettable but enjoyable enough for a generic, consumer friendly tune. Worth the ten bucks...".
And what do we learn from this discussion (other than that it has become personal)? There can be vastly different opinions on a product. As another example, I remember the Astrotec Delphinus, which became your go-to at the time, then I read Crinacle's ranking. Or the Brainwavz Koel/new Brainwavz B200. Etc. etc. Good that there is alway a broad body of reviews/opinions the reader can choose from.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #24,525 of 33,689
I hear them slightly better than both on a technical level nick-picking cleaner details as I listen along through different genres. The C10 does present a similar coherent and 3D-like holographic signature, while the C16 tries to hang tough with its openly higher pitched clear midrange. But, overall the BCD sounds more raw and realistic every time I swapped between listening sessions making them completely competitive to higher costing models at such an incredible low price, IMHO.
...Yes, they are that good! :thumbsup:

-Clear
Thanks for the input.

THe BCD IEMS come with a detachable cable? any other potential quality issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back