Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 20, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #24,421 of 33,689
... and you guessed the simple solution. I have kept my first one like this ... for reference. Note the use of white electrical tape to make the sides even... but not beautiful. The cable is from Amazon. I wanted it to be white and short. This is an example though of why I prefer straight plugs.

10235638.jpg

Here is the thread dedicated to the MH755 and a few others.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/son...ion-thread-mh750-mh755-mh1c-ex300-etc.900005/

Muchas Gracias! I'll check out that cable extension.

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #24,423 of 33,689
Fearless Y2K-G10 Initial Impression
Highly musical sound with a smooth yet impactful bass. The midrange is forward and bodied. Treble is extended well with smoothness and never harsh. There is a holographic presentation with fullness. An outstanding flagship from Fearless that rivals even the likes of my Noble Kaiser Encore. Full review soon. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

This is definitely Summit-Fi...

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #24,424 of 33,689
You clipped it to the collar.... that seems uncomfortable. I always thought it was an armband thing. I will correct my post.

Is there a photo of how that looked in use?

here are a few photos on how to wear them:

12490760.jpg

i also use the ES100 like this

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #24,425 of 33,689

It's good this ES100 is it? Off topic I know but...does it improve Spotify SQ through iphone?

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #24,426 of 33,689
Jun 20, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #24,427 of 33,689
It's good this ES100 is it? Off topic I know but...does it improve Spotify SQ through iphone?

i had the ES100 since the indiegogo period, until now. the product and the customer support is really great. you could see the app improvements over the years, and now it might be one of the most complete app for a DAC that i know of (not that i know many though :dt880smile:)

compared to the output of my phone (i use android devices) , the sound difference is substantial. there are also fiio BT3 that i like, but the ES100 wins out for me as a whole package

Jun 20, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #24,428 of 33,689
Radsone ES100 and clip it to your shirt.

The cheap clip on my ES100 already broke, but I rarely used it clipped anywhere because it didn't work that well, frankly. But I love that little ES100, I use it at the gym all the time with wired IEM's, I just keep it in my gym shorts pocket. One of the best $75 I ever spent in this hobby and it's a workhorse for me!

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #24,429 of 33,689

I found the ES100 too clunky and the wires on my IEM's (discounting the MH755 here, ironically) too long for it to be used like that... that and the cheap little clip on it already broke. :sweat_smile: That little Sony dongle looks a helluva lot more practical for shirt-clipping, being thinner and better ergonomics as far as the controls (as in, actually usable from the shirt, hah!)... of course, I'm sure it has puny output and isn't close to a quarter of the value of the ES100, which I love!

Jun 20, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #24,430 of 33,689
Figured I'd drop some subjective impressions on a bunch of budget gear I had a chance to listen to last night. Impressions are based on a couple minutes with each earphone, scanning through bits and pieces of tracks I am intimately familiar with. Keep your grains of salt close by. I'll keep things straight and to the point since fluff is offensive. Let's start with a recent hype train love child.

Sony MH755: Didn't realize the Harmon curve was intended for bassheads. Mids are weird. Somewhat recessed, fairly lean. Would need more time to nail down what's wrong with it. Treble is clear and detailed, fairly reserved and imo the most enjoyable aspect. Sound stage is generic budget cheapo; i.e. nothing special. Overall somewhat forgettable but enjoyable enough for a generic, consumer friendly tune. Worth the ten bucks, but I'd rather spend half that on the better built and sounding (imo) EDR1, or even the ancient YHC S600 or whatever name it's going by nowadays.

**** ****: Massive bass with decent control, excellent extension, and plenty of texture. Definitely the best part. Mids are fairly recessed and overcome by the low end, but otherwise fine. Treble is grainy and thin. Noticed that is pretty common with those peizo tweeters. Not a fan of their presentation so having one automatically puts the **** on the back foot. Sound stage is pretty big though. Overall not one I'd drop my cash on, but I see why it is liked.

TRN IM1 Pro: Wasn't a fan of the original IM1, but I do like this one. Sound stage is pretty dang wide and gives off a good sense of space. Detail and clarity is outstanding. Mids are quite forward and very coherent, but also somewhat dry. Treble is quite prominent too with a very crisp presentation. Mids start to get harsh as the volume increases so it's better at low volumes.

TRN IM2: Alike the the IM1 Pro with less bass, less forward mids, and overall a much smoother, more refined presentation. Not similar enough to overlap, but definitely from the same family. Sound stage is just as wide and deep so it's quite airy sounding. Low end has lots of punch to it. Upper mids are the sweet spot. Really nice with female vocals. Treble is well controlled and quite airy. This was my favorite of the bunch and one I'm likely to order. Plus I love the tiny shells and build quality.

TRN X6: This was a surprise given the reviews and impressions so far. As has been pointed out, the midrange is the star of the show. Forward and very detailed. Bass was more prominent than expected and has a solid thump to it, though the roll off is quite noticeable. Treble is much the same with a lower region focus. Could certainly use more upper treble energy and better extension. Given the intention for the X6 to be a mid-focused product, I think they did a good job. Certainly didn't hate it like I thought I would. Wouldn't be a good primary iem, but if you want a secondary with a unique tune or dislike/are sensitive to bass and treble I can think of many worse options.

One thing I got out of this is that TRN is all over the place with their tunes. Not a bad thing because variety is the spice of life, unless of course you feel everything should prescribe to one "perfect" tune. Other brands (KZ, BQEYZ come to mind) seem to just rehash the same signature with mild variations. Not necessarily a bad thing if done well, but it does get boring and predictable. Good on TRN for trying something new with almost every release.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #24,431 of 33,689
New kid "DIY" on the block...:yum:

I am trying a new DIY earphone, which I bought through taobao: BCD HIFI micro-drivers.

So, the story goes; A few weeks ago I received a head-fi email from an unknown member telling me that he's a reviewer from the Ukraine. He claims that the BCD HIFI can outperform many single dynamics in the lower price range and can compete with more expensive ones costing up to 1000. Now, he never mentions if it's in dollars, but I can only assume, since he knows I'm a reviewer from America, but living in China. For the price, they are "dirt-cheap" here in China only costing me 53 RMB ($7.67 US dollars)!
...They are not the loudest, but so far they outperformed most of my Chi-FI IEM's with an incredible balanced sound signature! :cry:...what?

Sub-bass: Incredible
Midrange: Clear and beautiful
Treble: Clearly detailed and clean
Soundstage: Awesome!

I will write a review on them maybe by next week...!

So far, the shirt clip, which comes in the package keeps the earphones from falling downward and does it justice...!

:point_left::smile:

Currently, for overseas purchase, I only found them on "Ebay". But, though the price is a little high, they are well worth it, IMHO!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Performance-Hifi-BCD-Earphones-/232970334653

:point_right: Thanks to Slater! He currently posted that they can be found here...
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/TWtrcwc

Finally, I actually thanked the guy from the Ukraine, but I haven't heard from him yet.

-Clear :ksc75smile:
the headshells on these look exactly like the klipsch x10, although the nozzles and cable are different and these have a dynamic driver and lower impedance than the BA/50ohm klipsch. the klipsch are an old model which is no longer competitive soundwise, but they isolate really well and are incredibly comfortable, so i am tempted by this bcd

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #24,432 of 33,689
Jun 20, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #24,433 of 33,689
I found the ES100 too clunky and the wires on my IEM's (discounting the MH755 here, ironically) too long for it to be used like that... that and the cheap little clip on it already broke. :sweat_smile: That little Sony dongle looks a helluva lot more practical for shirt-clipping, being thinner and better ergonomics as far as the controls (as in, actually usable from the shirt, hah!)... of course, I'm sure it has puny output and isn't close to a quarter of the value of the ES100, which I love!

usually at home, i just wrap the cables a couple times around my neck. it looks damn ugly, but my wife is used to it :k701smile:
i never do it like that when i go outside, usually i just roll the cable and tie it with velcro to shorten it

the SBH20 has a short battery life for today's standard, although i rather like the sound as it fattens the mids up compared to my phone's output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back