Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 17, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #23,042 of 33,689
Doesn`t really matter WHY they used DD along with planar (my quess is that their cheap chi-fi planar isn`t so good)... all that matter is HOW they have TUNED it!

Apr 17, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #23,043 of 33,689
I’ve found it to be harsh with narrow tips, such as Starlines, Sony Hybrids, Olives, etc.

Wide bore tips make a big difference. I use Auvios :wink:

I still need to try SpiralDots on my ZSN. Also I may try them again on the C10, SpinFits randomly get all ticklish when I'm out walking. <-<

I’m with you.

SpinFits irritate my ears as well. I think they rock back and forth in the ear during movement, causing an irritating sensation. I get this sensation with dual and triple flange tips too, which feel like ants crawling around in my ears after 5-10 minutes.

My buddy who lives in Japan is coming in for bidness in June, and is bringing me some of the new Spiral Dot ++. They have the both a narrow bore and a wide mouth with the bass bumps. LOL very bizarre. Have not read any reviews yet, but figured I would check em out since he can get them. They are currently like $50 on ebay. Yikes!

Apr 17, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #23,044 of 33,689
Jim posted pics, that planar hybrid looks amazing
Beautiful!
I checked Aliexpress and found a frequency response. Stretched it for easier reading.
Looks like it's got a LOT of treble energy, with mid bass focus and a bit low in the 2-5kHz range
NiceHCK F3.PNG

Apr 17, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #23,045 of 33,689
I find it harsh with a crappy seal but otherwise butter smooth, especially for a budget iem. That said, compare it to some much more expensive or heavily modded/EQ'd stuff, and yeah, most things will sound harsh. ZSN is quite pleasant either way, imo.
Have you tried the ZSN Pro yet? I'm a big fan of the ZSN but this Pro version is staggeringly good.
Beautiful!
I checked Aliexpress and found a frequency response. Stretched it for easier reading.
Looks like it's got a LOT of treble energy, with mid bass focus and a bit low in the 2-5kHz range
Wow, it looks like a train wreck! I won't judge the IEM on this graph yet though. Maybe it was measured by a pigeon that got lost on its way home because it regretted buying Beats earphones from a sneaky pelican and wasn't concentrating. I'll wait for some real-world impressions. Should be interesting if nothing else.

Apr 17, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #23,046 of 33,689
Have you tried the ZSN Pro yet? I'm a big fan of the ZSN but this Pro version is staggeringly good.

Wow, it looks like a train wreck! I won't judge the IEM on this graph yet though. Maybe it was measured by a pigeon that got lost on its way home because it regretted buying Beats earphones from a sneaky pelican and wasn't concentrating. I'll wait for some real-world impressions. Should be interesting if nothing else.

Yeah, that FR looks pretty bizarre. If Jim sends me one I can measure it myself.

Apr 17, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #23,047 of 33,689

Yeah. I like the original more. Pro is too much like the C10. Really good but boring. Clearly my ears are completely ****ed at this point :)

Apr 17, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #23,048 of 33,689
New toy in the mail, the QCY QS1/T1 :beyersmile:
So far they sound great and they're very comfortable!

Yeah, I've had my pair for a couple of weeks now an I agree. I find them to be extremely good value for money for the whole package they deliver.

Apr 17, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #23,049 of 33,689
Been doing a bit of tip-rolling with the QCY QS1 and found I prefer these NiceHCK tips and these random widebores. Prefer the widebores I think as bass (sometimes) is a bit much with the narrower NiceHCK tips.

@crabdog regarding the ZSN Pro's, how do you feel the ZSN Pro compares to the C10?

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #23,050 of 33,689
Doesn`t really matter WHY they used DD along with planar... all that matter is HOW they have TUNED it!

Oh, you’re totally correct. I was just thinking out loud.

I like trying to get into the head of the engineers and figuring out their thought process.

C2FE237C-3153-4FBE-80D7-473AC7B6C1F6.gif

Sometimes I’m like ‘ah, OK I see why they did that’, and other times I face palm and go ‘what were they thinking?

I guess we’ll find out how good or bad it is once it comes out and a bunch of people have it and the new toy syndrome wears off.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #23,051 of 33,689
Yeah. I like the original more. Pro is too much like the C10. Really good but boring. Clearly my ears are completely ****ed at this point :)
I feel a bit like that lately too. I think it's safe to say that both are good and we both have different sound preferences.

Apr 17, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #23,054 of 33,689
...New here...Has anyone got/said much about **** **** on this thread, to save me going back?

https://www.head-fi.org/search/28547678/?q=****&t=post&o=date&c[thread]=820747

or, if you search the whole site and not just this thread...

https://www.head-fi.org/search/2854...o]=0&c[p][sonnb_xengallery_photo][aperture]=0

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #23,055 of 33,689
https://www.head-fi.org/search/28547678/?q=****&t=post&o=date&c[thread]=820747

or, if you search the whole site and not just this thread...

https://www.head-fi.org/search/2854...o]=0&c[p][sonnb_xengallery_photo][aperture]=0

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back