Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 9, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #22,502 of 33,689
Mar 9, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #22,503 of 33,689
i have both kz zs7 and kanas pro. zs7 in the drawer 3 weeks now :upside_down: its not bad i just like the kanas pro way more

It better be. The Kanas Pro costs more than 5 times as much as the ZS7...

Mar 9, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #22,504 of 33,689
Will the zs7 blow awa my sennheiser momentum inears im looking for somthing new

Mar 9, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #22,505 of 33,689
So, do you like your ZS7 better than your CCA C16?

Different. I prefer generally C16 for the technically side and more neutral but very punchy and highly accurate

But if I want fun, big bass smooth like cloud but always natural tonality I go ZS7.
Not the same listening but surely fun and flattering

Mar 10, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #22,507 of 33,689
Zs7
More bass
More impsct
More fun

C10
More airy
Less impact
More equilibrated

Mar 10, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #22,508 of 33,689
BossHiFi B3

New cable looks nice! When did they change the cable? The old style was my only real complaint with the B3.

Are all B3s now selling with this new cable, or just some?

Mar 10, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #22,509 of 33,689
Kanas pro can't beat the fun procured by ZS7.
Kanas Pro isn`t fun?:astonished:
Though I got only brief listen with ZS7, I would say KPE > IT01 > ZS7 for my ears and with my gear when it comes to "fun". This "fun" is very subjective term anyway. For me it isn`t fun when bass is dominating "all over"...

Mar 10, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #22,511 of 33,689
Kanas Pro isn`t fun?:astonished:
Though I got only brief listen with ZS7, I would say KPE > IT01 > ZS7 for my ears and with my gear when it comes to "fun". This "fun" is very subjective term anyway. For me it isn`t fun when bass is dominating "all over"...

Ah ah
I found ZS7 very particular but not found dominate all over. Elevated yes but don't have this impression. Z5000 for me is exactly that, dominating all over at point to have sub bass on male voices

Mar 10, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #22,513 of 33,689
took out my zs7 today. the bass is nice and fun but the recessed vocal make me miss the KP. i think i want KP with more bass now. need to re listen to the sony n3, the one that i originally wanted to buy but end up ordering KP :sweat_smile:
no you need to press that bass boost button and save your money, they have so much meat on the bone with my fun EQ
the response to EQ is rapid on the KP, not like in some BA earphones that refuse to respond
Screenshot (248).png

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #22,514 of 33,689
took out my zs7 today. the bass is nice and fun but the recessed vocal make me miss the KP. i think i want KP with more bass now. need to re listen to the sony n3, the one that i originally wanted to buy but end up ordering KP :sweat_smile:
You can easily boost bass a little on the KPE by sticking a small piece of 3M micropore tape over the front vent (the one close to the nozzle)
If that’s too much you can carefully poke a pinhole into the micropore tape, taking care not to damage the filter in that vent.

I used that mod for a while and it makes the KPE punchier and the sub bass even more powerful, but after some time I removed the tape again for the better balance the KPE has in original form.

Mar 10, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #22,515 of 33,689
no you need to press that bass boost button and save your money, they have so much meat on the bone with my fun EQ
the response to EQ is rapid on the KP, not like in some BA earphones that refuse to respond

tidal is my main music player for both pc and my phone lg v30. is there any way i can eq on tidal ? maybe an app or software.

You can easily boost bass a little on the KPE by sticking a small piece of 3M micropore tape over the front vent (the one close to the nozzle)
If that’s too much you can carefully poke a pinhole into the micropore tape, taking care not to damage the filter in that vent.

I used that mod for a while and it makes the KPE punchier and the sub bass even more powerful, but after some time I removed the tape again for the better balance the KPE has in original form.

dont really know what micropore tape look like but will definitely try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back