Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 8, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #22,471 of 33,689
1. Happy with current gear
2. Curiously check head-fi, just this one time.
3. Learn all about new release.
4. New release makes your current gear sound like crap.
5. Order new release.
6. Read 759 reviews and impressions about new release being best ever.
7. New release arrives and becomes current gear.
8. Try out current gear, learn it’s somehow lacking.
9. Return to Step 2.
i will not buy anymore gear

Mar 8, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #22,472 of 33,689
5. Order new release.
9. Return to Step 2.
Ouch. So true.

Mar 8, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #22,473 of 33,689
5. Order new release.
9. Return to Step 2.

7.5. Read 379 reviews and impressions about new release being worst ever.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #22,474 of 33,689
My review of the Nicehck N3 is up on Head-Fi and my blog. My blog will contain additional comparisons.
My conclusion is that the N3 are a polarizing set of IEMs. They are astonishingly detailed but are bright out of the box and will not appeal to treble-sensitive folks or people who need a lot of bass. However, EQ will go a long way towards correcting the N3’s cold lower midrange and strident upper midrange. The materials used in the N3’s drivers are a revelation as far as speed and detail retrieval at this price point. Build quality is great and channel matching is spectacular. Recommended with reservations.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #22,476 of 33,689
[

My review of the Nicehck N3 is up on Head-Fi and my blog. My blog will contain additional comparisons.

Interesting. Have you ZS6 ?
Don't you find a metallic sounds for high frequency instrument

I'll try on standars smartphone but I agree with this incoherent side.

I change zs7 to n3 for one music. Oh my god this weird sound. Congested, cold, metallic with recessed med.... And I have the same reaction with zs6...

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #22,477 of 33,689
[

Interesting. Have you ZS6 ?
Don't you find a metallic sounds for high frequency instrument

I'll try on standars smartphone but I agree with this incoherent side.

I change zs7 to n3 for one music. Oh my god this weird sound. Congested, cold, metallic with recessed med.... And I have the same reaction with zs6...
I touch on the "abundance of presence," which I think is what you're referring to. I enjoy a super detailed sound signature more than most so I guess it bothers me less. I don't have the ZS6, but I had the PHB EM-023, which I found even more bright than the N3. That was too much.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #22,478 of 33,689
I touch on the "abundance of presence," which I think is what you're referring to. I enjoy a super detailed sound signature more than most so I guess it bothers me less. I don't have the ZS6, but I had the PHB EM-023, which I found even more bright than the N3. That was too much.

"Treble is clarity-focused, with incredible detail retrieval and satisfying sparkle. The treble is energetic rather than smooth. There is a huge amount of air. Transients are articulated with astonishing dexterity."

I found the treble very metallic and unatural. With recessed med which seems too recessed

Don't know is it's my habits but with my collection i find them interesting... one year ago

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #22,479 of 33,689
"Treble is clarity-focused, with incredible detail retrieval and satisfying sparkle. The treble is energetic rather than smooth. There is a huge amount of air. Transients are articulated with astonishing dexterity."

I found the treble very metallic and unatural. With recessed med which seems too recessed

Don't know is it's my habits but with my collection i find them interesting... one year ago

I found the upper midrange much more problematic than the treble, but I get where you're coming from.

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #22,480 of 33,689
Can anyone recommend a neutral sounding IEM (not V-shaped) with a darker tone, laid back treble and bass that isn't overpowering. Thanks
Knowing your budget would help. If you're looking for something cheap then I'm thinking perhaps the V2 based on what I own. They're faily flat but warmer than the **** which could help give you that darker sound you're looking for.

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #22,481 of 33,689
I found the upper midrange much more problematic than the treble, but I get where you're coming from.

I think it's the mixed of treble and upper mid which is problematic, as if it was not mastered. They go out this model without real test. I don't know but it's far better than the fr graph announced for me. And the piezoelectric driver is IMO, the most problem of this tuning. I think, with good source, it's more powered than the two other driver and and takes up too much space.

PS : Can I take your fr graph for my review video? Thanks

@Otto Motor @Nymphonomaniac what is your opinion ?

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #22,482 of 33,689
I think it's the mixed of treble and upper mid which is problematic, as if it was not mastered. They go out this model without real test. I don't know but it's far better than the fr graph announced for me. And the piezoelectric driver is IMO, the most problem of this tuning. I think, with good source, it's more powered than the two other driver and and takes up too much space.

PS : Can I take your fr graph for my review video? Thanks

@Otto Motor @Nymphonomaniac what is your opinion ?

The EQ settings help a lot with the coldness and overall tonal balance. Since these absolutely should not be run out of a smartphone my hope is that whatever people are using to listen to these with will have the ability to apply EQ to boost the bass and lower midrange and make cuts at 2k and 4k.
I'll PM you about the FR graph.

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #22,483 of 33,689
N3 reminds me a fair bit of the RHA CL2 actually. I knew the N3 sounded familiar, but it didn't click until recently what it was similar too. Not a fan, BUT, I can see why some are really enjoying them and if they do, good on them. Hopefully this isn't a "one and done" use of the driver, like RHA did with the CL1, and NiceHCK works to improve it and use it again in a future future product.

Mar 9, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #22,485 of 33,689
What exactly is the V2?
It is a single DD with dual diaphragm, 2 pin plugs. From a banned seller. It's very good, though, smooth treble, a slight lift in the bass and not too recessed in the mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back