Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 25, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #20,896 of 33,689
My final impressions on the CCA C10

When push comes to shove, there's too many IEM's for the ears to hear. But, at the same time, there are a very few that can really impress and leave you wanting more! The CCA C10 does just that! With over 100 hours of burn-in time and comparing them to some of my top IEM's from my personal list, I am left with an astonished face on how good they perform! They basically have ZERO harhness and sibilance (or at least none that I can't hear), and carry a premium sound signature right where the ZSN left off! It's like the ZSN handed the torch to the C10 and said; okay, now you can take it from here and win the race! At first, when you try them on, they give an impression as if you bought another ZSN. No joke! But, after several hours the width of the soundstage starts to open-up even more. You start to notice depth, frontal stage, and details picking up. It continues to transform to a mature and premium signature, all while keeping an incredible balance at hand! I even question myself; this can't be true...the lay out, the imaging, and the whole stage set-up is too good to be true! All instruments sound like they are in total harmony with each other! Bass, especially sub-bass is sweet, mid-bass is tamed, male and female vocals are prestine, and the highs and details are no less but miraculous! You might think I'm trying too hard, but to me, hearing is believing!...and these come close to perfection in my book!

So far, impressions are starting to pour in from China (taobao) and Japan (aliexpress) and this is what they're saying...

China:
跟這店買耳機好幾次了,今次真的很驚喜。這c10剛開箱出來效果已經比我之前的zs10好聲,聲場和分析力都好不少,三頻很自然,很不錯。

Translated: I bought the headphones several times with this store, this time it was really a surprise. This c10 just out of the box has a better effect than my previous zs10, the sound field and analytical power are much better, the tri-band is very natural, very good.

Japan:
Aliexpress; JP Color: black with mic Logistics: China Post Registered Air Mail

Yet another excellent 4BA+1DD Hybrid earphone. This might be the rival of KZ ZS10 (4BA+1DD) and AS10 (5BA).

Let's do some comparisons...

ZSN
The KZ ZSN (parent company) has a great sound signature going for them with an "in-your-face" rockin' and clubin' delight sound to them, but the CCA C10 matures and takes over and tells the ZSN; I'm in another league, though you may choose to follow. That's how premium these tend to sound!

ZS5
I was curious to try them against the almighty width king! The ZS5! So, the ZS5 is really good with its almighty wide soundstage signature, but though the C10 can match it! It can also do frontal stage and depth better and with more acccuracy! The vocals are good on both, but the C10 are cleaner with cleaner hi-end details as well.

QT2
I personally like both the QT2 and the ZS5. These two may have more similarities going for them. While, in the other hand, the ZSN and the C10 sounds eerily closer to each other. So, when I compared the C10 to the QT2 it was more like comparing the C10 to the ZS5. The C10 just outperforms the QT2 in frontal stage and depth just like the ZS5 with no harsh and sibilance whatsoever! The wide soundstage is basically even on both.

Finally, In the end, the CCA C10 might look like another ZSN (which I personally think is still a power house!), but make no doubt about it! When it's all said and done, expect the C10 to perform in a premium level above the rest!

In the near future, I'm planning to buy a backup, probably a different color!

If it reaches 150 hours and still have no harshness or sibilance, I'm going to probably rate them a 10! :gs1000smile: ...It does nothing wrong and everything right!

This is my 2 cents...Cheers! :tropical_drink:

-Clear
thanks for the review and opinion. awaiting my CCA 10 as well...

Dec 25, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #20,897 of 33,689

When push comes to shove, there's too many IEM's for the ears to hear. But, at the same time, there are a very few that can really impress and leave you wanting more! The CCA C10 does just that! With over 100 hours of burn-in time and comparing them to some of my top IEM's from my personal list, I am left with an astonished face on how good they perform! They basically have ZERO harhness and sibilance (or at least none that I can't hear), and carry a premium sound signature right where the ZSN left off! It's like the ZSN handed the torch to the C10 and said; okay, now you can take it from here and win the race! At first, when you try them on, they give an impression as if you bought another ZSN. No joke! But, after several hours the width of the soundstage starts to open-up even more. You start to notice depth, frontal stage, and details picking up. It continues to transform to a mature and premium signature, all while keeping an incredible balance at hand! I even question myself; this can't be true...the lay out, the imaging, and the whole stage set-up is too good to be true! All instruments sound like they are in total harmony with each other! Bass, especially sub-bass is sweet, mid-bass is tamed, male and female vocals are prestine, and the highs and details are no less but miraculous! You might think I'm trying too hard, but to me, hearing is believing!...and these come close to perfection in my book!

So far, impressions are starting to pour in from China (taobao) and Japan (aliexpress) and this is what they're saying...

China:

Translated: I bought the headphones several times with this store, this time it was really a surprise. This c10 just out of the box has a better effect than my previous zs10, the sound field and analytical power are much better, the tri-band is very natural, very good.

Japan:

Yet another excellent 4BA+1DD Hybrid earphone. This might be the rival of KZ ZS10 (4BA+1DD) and AS10 (5BA).

ZSN
The KZ ZSN (parent company) has a great sound signature going for them with an "in-your-face" rockin' and clubin' delight sound to them, but the CCA C10 matures and takes over and tells the ZSN; I'm in another league, though you may choose to follow. That's how premium these tend to sound!

ZS5
I was curious to try them against the almighty width king! The ZS5! So, the ZS5 is really good with its almighty wide soundstage signature, but though the C10 can match it! It can also do frontal stage and depth better and with more acccuracy! The vocals are good on both, but the C10 are cleaner with cleaner hi-end details as well.

QT2
I personally like both the QT2 and the ZS5. These two may have more similarities going for them. While, in the other hand, the ZSN and the C10 sounds eerily closer to each other. So, when I compared the C10 to the QT2 it was more like comparing the C10 to the ZS5. The C10 just outperforms the QT2 in frontal stage and depth just like the ZS5 with no harsh and sibilance whatsoever! The wide soundstage is basically even on both.

Finally, In the end, the CCA C10 might look like another ZSN (which I personally think is still a power house!), but make no doubt about it! When it's all said and done, expect the C10 to perform in a premium level above the rest!

If it reaches 150 hours and still have no harshness or sibilance, I'm going to probably rate them a 10! :gs1000smile: ...It does nothing wrong and everything right!

-Clear

Oh boy, Here we go.... I already know Resistance is Futile...

Dec 25, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #20,898 of 33,689

China:

Japan:

ZSN

ZS5

QT2

-Clear
That is quite high praise, Clear.

And sufficient enough for me—don't need to hear more from anyone else.

My husband shall now read your final thoughts on the CCA C10, and hopefully, with it and the KZ AS06 my New Year would be extra Nice. Thank you.
:kissing_heart:

Cheers!

Dec 25, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #20,899 of 33,689
That is quite high praise, Clear.

And sufficient enough for me—don't need to hear more from anyone else.

My husband shall now read your final thoughts on the CCA C10, and hopefully, with it and the KZ AS06 my New Year would be extra Nice. Thank you.
:kissing_heart:

Cheers!
Thanks, SybilLance!

I wasn't expecting too much for the low price, but these came out to be a homerun out the ball park! These are extremely easy to listen to, no doubt about it!

Dec 25, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #20,900 of 33,689
Someone leave me moondrop kanas pro under the tree please.

Update, I did not receive the kanas pro for Christmas, Santa is not real, I dont know what to believe anymore. Weve been lied to people! Its all a big sham!

Dec 25, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #20,901 of 33,689
Update, I did not receive the kanas pro for Christmas, Santa is not real, I dont know what to believe anymore. Weve been lied to people! Its all a big sham!

You probably just forgot to put a stamp on your letter to the North Pole. You can't do it on the computer or your phone.

Dec 26, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #20,906 of 33,689
So where would you place those in your personal rating chart...?
I'm basically waiting until the end of this week to make that decision and see if any harshness or sibilance arises from the BA armatures. But, until now, they continue to be technically the best in terms of their premium sound quality. So far, I can't find any fault in their whole frequency range. They are very safe and easy to listen to!

Dec 27, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #20,910 of 33,689
Giving another try to South Korean EARNINE brand. This time EARNINE EN2J IEMs - this model is based on 2BA drivers and got lots of warm mentions by different audio fans. It is my try now to play with it and come up with own conclusion. Full review would come up soon...

_DSC9218.jpg _DSC9242.jpg _DSC9250.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back