Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 21, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #20,791 of 33,689
So you're saying that driver flex is a product issue? I mean, it is not subjective but caused by a bad quality of the product?

Dec 21, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #20,792 of 33,689
So you're saying that driver flex is a product issue? I mean, it is not subjective but caused by a bad quality of the product?
It can be possible. I own many IEM's, which either I bought or was directly sent to me by the company given I provide them an honest review and overall score. At least 2 to 3% of my earphones I sent back through the years was because of driver flex and was equally replaced with flex free drivers. The film (diaphragm) on most drivers can be very fragile and even a little off the center magnet or not being completely or precisely glued to the base can lead to the possibility of driver flex. So, pushing and pulling in and out your ears only leads them to one day stop functioning for that matter and replacing them ASAP would be your best choice of action!

-Clear

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #20,793 of 33,689
Hello fellas can someone help me for a proper upgrade for MEMT X5 it should be less then 100usd
Someone mentioned BGVP DM6 is very close to andromeda which i sold few days ago due to financial issues
I had many chifi and as well as few high end stuff i found ANDROMEDA was sweep spot i really missing it

Dec 21, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #20,794 of 33,689
It can be possible. I own many IEM's, which either I bought or was directly sent to me by the company given I provide them an honest review and overall score. At least 2 to 3% of my earphones I sent back through the years was because of driver flex and was equally replaced with flex free drivers. The film (diaphragm) on most drivers can be very fragile and even a little off the center magnet or not being completely or precisely glued to the base can lead to the possibility of driver flex. So, pushing and pulling in and out your ears only leads them to one day stop functioning for that matter and replacing them ASAP would be your best choice of action!

-Clear
I have them since december 2017, mic stopped working but with fom tips they sound really "Rock'n roll", full of energy, funny and dynamic.
What i don't like about the foam tips is that sometimes they just slip out and stay in my ears, they can't just keep standing on the nozzle and they fall out
Plus, they occasionally cause me some itch in the ear and that's why i'm trying silicon tips again.
I miss my zs6.. :frowning2:

Dec 21, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #20,795 of 33,689

-Clear
i wish to review them too... how do i get sampels from companies

Dec 21, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #20,796 of 33,689
Hello fellas can someone help me for a proper upgrade for MEMT X5 it should be less then 100usd
Someone mentioned BGVP DM6 is very close to andromeda which i sold few days ago due to financial issues
I had many chifi and as well as few high end stuff i found ANDROMEDA was sweep spot i really missing it
People speak very well about:
- TFZ KING PRO
- IBasso IT01

Dec 21, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #20,797 of 33,689
People speak very well about:
- TFZ KING PRO
- IBasso IT01
...or next step - IT01S (by graphs pretty similar to DM6 but without 6.5-8kHz resonant peak area).

Dec 21, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #20,798 of 33,689
...or next step - IT01S (by graphs pretty similar to DM6 but without 6.5-8kHz resonant peak area).

a bit above the OP's $100 budget at present though. Maybe BQEYZ BQ3 at $50 or NiceHck M6 at $88 with Head-fi discount.

Dec 21, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #20,799 of 33,689
That`s why I said next step. I would rather save money for it01S / Kanas Pro / DM6 or some others in same "class".
Or just go for regular IT01 @ 100$ and still enjoy quality sound.
Haven`t looked @ FR graphs of Andromeda but if he found it spot-on for him, then he should rather compare FR graphs and find one closest to it, maybe.
By quick look at graphs from google search, I think Kanas Pro might suit best for him. Not sure though. One must do his research himself.

Dec 21, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #20,800 of 33,689
i wish to review them too... how do i get samples from companies
Depending on what country you're from, the outcome can be a little different for each individual. For example: Apart from my actual full-time job as an American working in China I do have connections with several companies and only do this as a part-time hobby. I've been working and living in China for many years and know many people here. So, trust must be the first step!

If you like to buy Chinese earphones, you can start by saving the return address label from each package you receive, which then you can write them a letter. But, this depends if you got them from a third-party-seller that's willing to help you with this. Or, sometimes they come with warranty cards with their return address, email, or even phone numbers on them where you can contact them directly.

You have to start somewhere and the "key" is to be a good writer and have some knowledge and technical terms on this hobby. In the same sense, others that read your reviews may trust that the product is a "good buy" and you can be trusted on writing an honest review. Though, it's important to let the public know first hand what is your taste in a typical sound signature before chiming in the good and the bad on each earphone you write about. You can build a following, or you might be ignored. ...It's all part of finding out if this is hobby is right or beneficial for you.

Hope this helps...

-Clear

Dec 21, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #20,801 of 33,689
Depending on what country you're from, the outcome can be a little different for each individual. For example: Apart from my actual full-time job as an American working in China I do have connections with several companies and only do this as a part-time hobby. I've been working and living in China for many years and know many people here. So, trust must be the first step!

If you like to buy Chinese earphones, you can start by saving the return address label from each package you receive, which then you can write them a letter. But, this depends if you got them from a third-party-seller that's willing to help you with this. Or, sometimes they come with warranty cards with their return address, email, or even phone numbers on them where you can contact them directly.

You have to start somewhere and the "key" is to be a good writer and have some knowledge and technical terms on this hobby. In the same sense, others that read your reviews may trust that the product is a "good buy" and you can be trusted on writing an honest review. Though, it's important to let the public know first hand what is your taste in a typical sound signature before chiming in the good and the bad on each earphone you write about. You can build a following, or you might be ignored. ...It's all part of finding out if this is hobby is right or beneficial for you.

Hope this helps...

-Clear

All great advice, I would also recommend that you write reviews for all the gear you already have access to and post it in the Head Gear section here. Most review tours ask for samples of your reviews before considering you. By posting your reviews here, you have an established body of work for them to look at. Then get in as many of the review tours here as you can to get yourself established. The more reviews and likes you have, the more likely a company is to send you gear to try.

Dec 21, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #20,804 of 33,689
Dec 21, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #20,805 of 33,689
Just got my Moondrop Kanas Pro from Amazon today. These are just incredible IEMs; I think I’m in love.

Can't get enough of mine, best purchase I've ever made. :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back